ALITS is currently my favorite song

RandyV

I don't know what it is about it. Maybe it's the energy? Maybe because it's one of their longest songs? Maybe because Mike sings, raps, backing chorus while Chester just goes hard throughout the song? Either way, I'm all over this song! KTTK is probably my favorite song on THP but everything that song has, ALITS has as well...just longer lol. I felt like sharing my excitement for this song by talking about it with other enthusiasts because maybe it's fresh in our heads.

But what else? What's your current favorite song (either live or overall)? Anyone else excited about new material coming out this year, whether it be Fort Minor, other collaborations, LPU XV, or if we're blessed -hints of something from a new album? (one could hope!)

-Edited-

I forgot to share, but if you're into this kind of thing, (because I'm so into ALITS) I did a vocal cover with a friend of mine on it. If you'd like, it's here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llcVswCY1Tg). Otherwise, yeah, what are you currently into or looking forward to?

Edited by RandyV

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of ALITS. Its a good song, but never truly understood all the hype surrounding it. The track doesn't really seem energetic to me until the final chorus, mixing is kind of weak on the track too. If I had to choose, KTTK would always win. Perhaps seeing it live at summerfest will change my mindset and appreciate it a bit more :)

Currently my go to tracks to listen to are Darker Than Blood, From The Inside, Final Masquerade (both THP and Acoustic), and Numb (live). I usually try practicing those songs to improve on my vocal skills! As for new material, don't really care much for Fort Minor, but I'm pumped for a new STP album! They fucking killed it when I saw them back in March!

Very impressive cover, professionally done, and of course those screams are amazing! I actually worked up a bit of a cover for the track myself not too long ago, didn't finish the whole thing (lost interest, haha), but here are some bits if you're interested in checking them out!

ALITS [Chorus/Second Verse] - https://clyp.it/vrn02vik

ALITS [Final Chorus] - https://clyp.it/hyqtm04q

Edited by Broman

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of ALITS. Its a good song, but never truly understood all the hype surrounding it. The track doesn't really seem energetic to me until the final chorus, mixing is kind of weak on the track too. If I had to choose, KTTK would always win. Perhaps seeing it live at summerfest will change my mindset and appreciate it a bit more :)

Currently my go to tracks to listen to are Darker Than Blood, From The Inside, Final Masquerade (both THP and Acoustic), and Numb (live). I usually try practicing those songs to improve on my vocal skills! As for new material, don't really care much for Fort Minor, but I'm pumped for a new STP album! They fucking killed it when I saw them back in March!

Very impressive cover, professionally done, and of course those screams are amazing! I actually worked up a bit of a cover for the track myself not too long ago, didn't finish the whole thing (lost interest, haha), but here are some bits if you're interested in checking them out!

ALITS [Chorus/Second Verse] - https://clyp.it/vrn02vik

ALITS [Final Chorus] - https://clyp.it/hyqtm04q

I get where you're coming from, I think what it is for me is that the song is more raw than the others. KTTK is just amazing but ALITS did it for me because I really enjoyed the live version. With that, I hope you do get to enjoy it and maybe it changes your mind live lol.

Nice current songs! I have to agree with all of those, actually! The only addition I would add is Papercut. The first song was the nail in the coffin for me haha.

First off, thank you for the feedback, I really do appreciate it! I recently worked up the courage to do this stuff more publicly. Secondly, DUDE!! I really dig it!! You should consider finishing it because those choruses are legit! Thank you for sharing :)

ALITS is an excellent song! One of my favorite ever to play on guitar; the different parts all need so much energy. I even wrote my own little intro to the solo that starts right after the breakdown and leads into the main guitar solo. The amount of energy needed to do that solo though is ridiculous; anyone who says brad is a shit guitarist after they try and play that solo (the picking speed is RIDICULOUS, as well as the tapping when the "WHATS MINEEEE" starts repeating,not to mention the speed to use the wawa pedal) is just simply wrong.

My only problem with the song is that Chester's part is a little hard to hear,but its still great. Very fun to sing as well.

A Line In The Sand is so special because it doesn't feel the need to rely on powerful vocals alone. Yes Chester's performance is incredible, but the song thrives on the instrumental rather than the vocal delivery. Take the vocals completely out of the song and ALITS would still rock just as fucking hard, which is a testament to Brad and Rob's ability on this album.

The same could be said of Guilty All The Same, and most of The Hunting Party in general. It's not that the vocals are poor, but rather the entire band has finally caught up instrumentally which makes Linkin Park feel the most like a rock band it's ever been rather than the "Chester and Mike show ft a crunchy guitar riff/sad piano riff/catchy synth".

I'm kinda opposite of Broman. For me ALITS has most energy and it's heaviest song from THP. It has dark feel, unlike KTTK which main riff is happy like "fuck yea!" while Chester is screaming as hard as he can and dosen't fit with each other. KTTK doesen't really bring any energy because of the rhythm and those "pauses" and reppitivnes.The only good part is solo. ALITS has those epic moments like braekdown, Chester screaming over solo, and the way song ends with Mike singing 1st verse over synth getting quieter. It's perfect. I need agree with Broman on mixing tough. It could be better because right before final chorus kicks in drums are very loud but when chours kicks in it gets compressed and drums lose the power they had a few seconds before.