The most special performances from the DSP's

JZLP-Benningstrong

I can help as far as performances for MTM songs go... these would be my picks.

01. Wake - Montreal, 2008

02. Given Up - Montreal, 2008

03. Leave Out All The Rest - Any show, really, because it always sounded good, IMO

04. Bleed It Out - Chiba, 2011 (Had NRL)

05. Shadow Of The Day - Mansfield, 2007

06. What I've Done - Milton Keynes, 2008

07. Hands Held High - Mountain View, 2007

08. No More Sorrow - Burgettstown, 2008

09. Valentine's Day - Los Angeles, 2008 (Had long intro)

10. In Between - New York City, 2008

11. In Pieces - Detroit, 2008 (Speech is great)

12. The Little Things Give You Away - Atlanta, 2007 (Speech is great)

I agree with this. Ethan Mates mixes completely rip Pooch's mixes to shreds IMO and these are great performances of two epic songs.

Disagree completely. Compare Pooch's best works to Ethan's recent stuff and there's no comparison, I'll take Pooch's all day. Ethan destroyed Download 2014 and Carson 2012. Monterrey 2012 is definitely excessively worked on. I don't like Ethan's feel he goes for...he takes the live element away IMO. It sounds too polished and worked on. Pooch's good stuff is prime for me. Ethan does have some good stuff, like From The Inside in 2006, but I will take Pooch's stuff generally. Of course he has some rough stuff too...mixing every show on a long tour with the exact same songs can be pretty boring.

Does anybody have Mark's 2007/2008 DSP "best moments" compilations from years ago? There's a lot of stuff that could be added to this thread from those.

My favorite years were 2007 and 2009. When LP changed gear before they toured for ATS, they never sounded the same to me.

I've got it. Just found it. If you want me to upload it I can.

Disagree completely. Compare Pooch's best works to Ethan's recent stuff and there's no comparison, I'll take Pooch's all day. Ethan destroyed Download 2014 and Carson 2012. Monterrey 2012 is definitely excessively worked on. I don't like Ethan's feel he goes for...he takes the live element away IMO. It sounds too polished and worked on. Pooch's good stuff is prime for me. Ethan does have some good stuff, like From The Inside in 2006, but I will take Pooch's stuff generally. Of course he has some rough stuff too...mixing every show on a long tour with the exact same songs can be pretty boring.

I respect your opinion on this but I disagree with you. Ethan's mixes are exceptional to me. I love them for the same reason that you hate them. I hate Pooch's mixes. I don't think I've ever enjoyed the way a DSP sounded particularly, I just collected them and mostly only the shows that I attended for nostalgia later on. I listen to the live tracks included on LP's singles, LPU albums, live releases, etc. way more than I ever have a DSP. Ethan Mates is the man.