LP and genres (AGAIN)

3. Blackout Alternative Electronic Metal

I think the instrumental is too "cute" to be called "metal".

I mean, where are the guitars?

It sure has industrial elements though.

1) That's true, though I see POA as more of a rap-influenced song, if you can see where I'm coming from. There aren;t as memorable rap lyrics in other songs, who can forget "Forfeit the gam before somebody else takes you outta the frame, puts your name to shame"?

Yeah, I think it's instrumental has a lot of "rap rock feel" too...

3) I feel NMS is more of a politically-charged song, it's lyrics always gave me somewhat of a punk vibe. Nowhere near to the likes of Green Day, for example, but I feel it's their most punk-influenced song.

I got your point but punk rock isn't the only genre to have these kind of lyrics.

Folk artists were writting protest songs way before punk rock was created.

Victimized has death metal elements.

My list

I would actually add some LPU8 songs, Wizard song etc. to it, but it's too hard to recognize the genre for me.

I think the instrumental is too "cute" to be called "metal".

I mean, where are the guitars?

It sure has industrial elements though.

Electronic Metal do not need the guitar, vocally it's Alternative Metal, I think the dubstepish bridge sounds pretty heavy. Even if the instrumental sounds pretty "cute", it's kind of a bit heavy. It's progressive, even if the bit is typical pop/dance beat, it sounds heavy, because of kick drum and snare sound and some short different plays off the beat (I mean like sometimes hitting some toms and then some cymbals etc.). And I think the piano and the saw sounds dark.