NEGATIVITY

rav0k

Mellow parts should have mellow vocals.

Aggressive parts should have aggressive vocals.

You are talking about Linkin Park amigo, they always love to have some twists here and there, it would be too obvious to have screaming in GATS... What I like about the new song is that Chester showed us another side of his voice, he has never sound like this in another LP song.

Hope he keeps showing more parts of his voice, I would love to have a song with some Camp Freddy style in it.

Nice to see you around.

It does annoy me sometimes when there are aggressive parts in LP's songs and they don't use aggressive vocals to go with it, but I think the mellow parts do have good mellow vocals to go with them.

I think you guys misunderstood me. lol.

I feel that Chester is yelling on the mellow parts in the new song (GATS), when he should just be more chill and build up into that awesome chorus. He did a similar thing on The Messenger... and a lot of other recent songs, really. He yells too much to sing, instead of just singing naturally. It doesn't sound 'bad', but it could be much better. I think he forgot how to reach certain levels of his voice because he has tried so hard to push boundaries. lol. Oh well. Can't wait to hear more from the new album!

I actually LOVE the studio version of The Messenger and I'm one of the very few LP fans that does. I just love when he does that whole raspy style singing thing and it sounds perfect to me. I think the issue I originally had with GATS was that Chester wasn't aggressive enough, the opposite of what you think. I think it definitely called for some huge epic screams during a few parts, but it's still heavy as hell.

I actually LOVE the studio version of The Messenger and I'm one of the very few LP fans that does. I just love when he does that whole raspy style singing thing and it sounds perfect to me. I think the issue I originally had with GATS was that Chester wasn't aggressive enough, the opposite of what you think. I think it definitely called for some huge epic screams during a few parts, but it's still heavy as hell.

I totally agree, the studio version of The Messenger sounds awesome, it's a heavy soft song. It's the heaviest acoustic song I know. I think he would sing this way live if he would be able to do that. In 2010 performances he had some raspy parts in the song. I expected "classic" Chester screams in GATS too. But I like the way it is, too, maybe it fits better.

NEGTIVITY is way too bad name for the topic. That Chester yells high notes on the "mellow" parts of GATS doesn't mean he does it because he can't do it singing quieter. And it doesn't sound bad if he yells it. I think it was supposed to sound the way it sounds.

Why does And One start from the part where he screams only?

There's many new songs where he sings mellow parts softly, like Ballad Medley, In My Remains etc.

Powerless contains much yelling too.

I totally agree, the studio version of The Messenger sounds awesome, it's a heavy soft song. It's the heaviest acoustic song I know. I think he would sing this way live if he would be able to do that. In 2010 performances he had some raspy parts in the song. I expected "classic" Chester screams in GATS too. But I like the way it is, too, maybe it fits better.

NEGTIVITY is way too bad name for the topic. That Chester yells high notes on the "mellow" parts of GATS doesn't mean he does it because he can't do it singing quieter. And it doesn't sound bad if he yells it. I think it was supposed to sound the way it sounds.

Why does And One start from the part where he screams only?

There's many new songs where he sings mellow parts softly, like Ballad Medley, In My Remains etc.

Powerless contains much yelling too.

It's funny because The Messenger, Powerless and In My Remains are some of my favorite LP songs. I also love GATS. Chester's voice is perfect, IMO. You can't go wrong with it.