Linkin Park HD videos

I think everything pre ATS/pre New Divide is just upscaled HD. It wouldn't suprise me if those videos were never actually exported/rendered in HD. I mean, for what purpose? I guess the labels could care less that old music videos are played in glorious HD, music television is pretty much dead anyway.

I guess we'll never get them in HD unless they remaster them for a future Bluray release.

There are 1080i recordings for most of the videos but they look all upscaled to me.

Oh shit I remembered Incorrectly, these are upconverted. But I have another Numb/Encore video, which is ripped from MHD channel, same as FM video.

So maybe they haven't filmed the CC show in HD?

Nope, but there was a capability to render the footage in 4:3 or 16:9 and of course, they had 16:9 widescreen (letterbox for the special)

What has that to do with anything?

Without further checking I'd say that the Collision Course show was only shot in 720p. Even the MTV 2$ bill show was shot in HD too, you can see that in the credits.

HD exists for quite a while now, just the digital cameras that shoot in HD are kinda new. Movies back then and most of them today are still shot on film, that's the whole reason it's even possible to release older movies in HD.

For music videos it's all different than movies, special effects for movies have to be produced in high quality because they get screened in cinemas. I'm not sure if they were thinking ahead back then for music videos. For example maybe the CGI in Crawling or In The End was only ever rendered in SD, hard to say.

I guess most of the video where shot with film cameras. But something like the Pont of Authority video definitely doesn't exist in HD.

The Numb/Encore video (from that demo disc) and Where'd You Go don't look like HD to me at all, they are pretty blurry. I guess the main purpose of the demo disc is the DTS audio and not the video.

Here is the lists of HD music videos:

Blackbirds (LP's Site)

Burning In The Skies (YouTube HD)

iridescent (True HD)

iridescent (MTV HD)

iridescent (YouTube HD)

iridescent (YouTube HD 3D)

The Catalyst (MTV HD)

The Catalyst (YouTube HD)

Waiting For The End (YouTube HD)

Numb/Encore (MHD)

Numb/Encore (DTS-HD master audio)

Not Alone (YouTube HD)

Burn It Down - Cardon Children's Hospital (YouTube HD)

Burn It Down (LPCM Clean Master 1080p (4.86 GB))

Burn It Down (Master 1080P (713 MB))

Burn It Down (Nintendo Video TM 3D HD)

Burn It Down (YouTube HD)

Castle Of Glass (Master 1080P)

Castle Of Glass (YouTube HD)

Lost In The Echo (Master 720P)

Lost In The Echo (YouTube HD)

Powerless (Master rip 1080P)

Powerless (YouTube HD)

Powerless -MFR Teaser (YouTube HD)

Breaking The Habit (VH1HD)

Faint (VH1HD)

Leave Out All The Rest (MHD - I'm not sure about it)

Leave Out All The Rest-Road To Revolution (MTV HD)

Shadow Of The Day (MHD)

What I've Done (Palladia)

New Divide (Master rip 1080P)

A Light That Never Comes (YouTube HD)

Fort Minor feat. Holly Brook - Whered You Go (MHD)

Edited by lpplus

New Divide (Master rip 1080P)

I don't know what's that supposed to mean but the only one I know is from the Transformers 2 Bluray

Nice list but it doesn't answer the question if especially those from MHD or VH1HD are in real HD or not, which they are probably not.

I don't know what's that supposed to mean but the only one I know is from the Transformers 2 Bluray

Nice list but it doesn't answer the question if especially those from MHD or VH1HD are in real HD or not, which they are probably not.

I listed only the things I have or I know about them.

and here is Faint (VH1HD) : http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4487389

I also got Faint from VH1 HD, Breaking The Habit from VH1 HD, Numb/Encore from MHD, What I've Done (Palladia, the version i got was cropped so no black bars, but still HD), Shadow of The Day from MHD, The Catalyst from MTVNHD, and Iridescent from MTV Live HD, all from LP-inside.ru in the HD music videos section, except for Faint, which is from Rutracker, anything I'm missing? (not Youtube, because that's compressed, but TV or Master)

And If we do someday get Collision course Documentary or MTV Mashups in HD 1080p or 720p, We'd be proud, but While MTV 2$ Bill may be recorded in HD, it was only aired in 2003 on various channels in 4:3 format and we may never see it in HD, tho.. :(

I also got Faint from VH1 HD, Breaking The Habit from VH1 HD, Numb/Encore from MHD, What I've Done (Palladia, the version i got was cropped so no black bars, but still HD), Shadow of The Day from MHD, The Catalyst from MTVNHD, and Iridescent from MTV Live HD, all from LP-inside.ru in the HD music videos section, except for Faint, which is from Rutracker, anything I'm missing? (not Youtube, because that's compressed, but TV or Master)

And If we do someday get Collision course Documentary or MTV Mashups in HD 1080p or 720p, We'd be proud, but While MTV 2$ Bill may be recorded in HD, it was only aired in 2003 on various channels in 4:3 format and we may never see it in HD, tho.. :(

All TV streams, BDs, DVDs are lossily compressed, not just the Youtube videos.

Also Smokeout 2003 will be great in HD, they've been filmed in 720.

Yes it does, upscaled would be the right term though. You can easily tell from the border to the black bars, it's a pretty thick line while for a real HD video it should be very sharp.

Don't forget that TV station have expensive upscaling hardware so just cause something looks a bit better doesn't make it HD.

Yes it does, upscaled would be the right term though. You can easily tell from the border to the black bars, it's a pretty thick line while for a real HD video it should be very sharp.

Don't forget that TV station have expensive upscaling hardware so just cause something looks a bit better doesn't make it HD.

Hmmm, Expensive Upscaling hardware, eh? Anyone can upscale a leterbox video, but only the professionals have that stuff where it doesn't look so blurry