Mike's Spotify playlists

hahninator

Link to and discuss Mike's Spotify playlists here. There are some good songs to discover if you're a fan of music. He recommends some good stuff. His 2007 mix on his blog (with Refused's New Noise) was great.

His newest playlist, "YELLING OVER GUITARS", is one I am going to listen to in pieces this week.

https://play.spotify.com/user/m_shinoda/pla...3R2ddc08HgApUHl

Music Box by Thrice is on there, which is my all time favorite Thrice song. Swerve City from the latest Deftones album and also Helmet's Unsung are on there, which both are good tracks too. I am surprised New Noise isn't on it. This is a great thing though that he is listening to hard rock music before making the new Linkin Park album.

Has anyone else listened to his playlists?

I listened to most of the playlist at this point. I think it's excellent. I really hope this style of music influences the next LP album, but with LP putting their own unique twist on it. I've been waiting for LP to make something heavy, and this could finally be my chance. This could even rival MTM as my favorite LP album..

I listened to most of the playlist at this point. I think it's excellent. I really hope this style of music influences the next LP album, but with LP putting their own unique twist on it. I've been waiting for LP to make something heavy, and this could finally be my chance. This could even rival MTM as my favorite LP album..

Couldn't have said it better myself. If LP pursues this style of music with their own LP style/twist to it, then wow be prepared for an awesome album.

Yes, it's cool to see that Mike has been listening to some heavy stuff lately!

And this new playlist doesn't contain all of it. If you check out one of his other playlists, called "Sorting Through", some of the last albums in it are pretty heavy too. My favorite out of the stuff he added recently is the record "New Hopes, New Demonstrations" by the band "The Ghost of a Thousand", which I would recommand to everyone here :)

I mean, listen to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt_Zb3cJXcI

Edited by Qwerty18

I wouldn't get my hopes too high about an heavy LP record :P

I mean, of course there is a possibility this heavy stuff will have an influence, but it's also probable that Mike will listen to more mellow stuff in 2 months from now, and that this hypothetical mellow mood will end up being the most noticeable influence on the next record.

What happened with MTM and "It will be our heaviest record yet" has told me to be careful with expectations about heavy LP music. Until I hear the music, I will not believe in it. :lol:

Edited by Qwerty18

I wouldn't get my hopes too high about an heavy LP record :P

I mean, of course there is a possibility this heavy stuff will have an influence, but it's also probable that Mike will listen to more mellow stuff in 2 months from now, and that this hypothetical mellow mood will end up being the most noticeable influence on the next record.

What happened with MTM and "It will be our heaviest record yet" has told me to be careful with expectations about heavy LP music. Until I hear the music, I will not believe in it. :lol:

great point, I am trying to not fall into the belief that it'll be heavy, but I won't tell myself it won't be, either. Ill be happy either way, especially since Mike said it won't sound like Recharged, so no EDM or dubstep. Lol

You're right about being careful with expectations. You have to understand that when Chester said that MTM will be the heaviest record yet, at the time, (late 2005-early 2006) they were making a lot of heavy songs and stuff. But the process always changes throughout.