10.09.2013 - Huntington, NY, The Paramount

hahninator

The fifth show of the Stone Temple Pilots USA Tour takes them to The Paramount in Huntington, New York, where the band will play with Filter. This is currently the only announced show in the state of New York for the band in 2013, so we expect it to be sold out or close to it.

At the last show in Boston, the band continued with their same 17 song setlist and had Richard Patrick from Filter join them on 'Piece Of Pie' again. We aren't sure when we will start to see more new songs pop up, but we hope they'll bring in one or two new ones before the end of the tour.

After this show, the band has two days off before picking up in Oklahoma City. They will open for Mötley Crüe there before headlining a show in Newkirk, Oklahoma and then heading back to the east coast in Florida. For all of the STP tour dates for 2013 and setlists from this tour, click here.

SETLIST:

01. Down

02. Big Bang Baby

03. Vasoline

04. Dead & Bloated

05. Out Of Time

06. Silvergun Superman

07. Church On Tuesday (Guitar Solo Ending)

08. Big Empty

09. Sour Girl (2008 Guitar Solo Version)

10. Interstate Love Song

11. Pop's Love Suicide (2013 New Ending)

12. Hollywood Bitch

13. Sex Type Thing

14. Sex And Violence

----------------------------------------------------

15. Wicked Garden

16. Piece Of Pie (w/ Richard Patrick of Filter and Army Of Anyone)

17. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

I'm pretty sure we will see a new set sometime during the tour (we know for sure that the band rehearsed more than 17 songs), hopefully for this show. Even though the set is great, after playing 4 shows in a row with him, a new one would be really good to have. Considering the fact they haven't played any new songs for the first 4 shows, I think we can assume that the new songs (or just Black Heart) will be played later on in the tour, when it's closer to the EP release date.

Doubt this one'll be sold out. Ticket prices for this show are somewhat higher than what I paid for the Bethlehem and Atlantic City shows (~$75 vs. $50 for GA, with reserved seats up around $125-150), and the venue started offering half-price tickets earlier this week. If the place were in NYC, maaaybe they could get away with those prices, but I doubt it out on Long Island. We shall see in a few hours, though!

Ah thanks for the heads up. Have fun at the show! 3 shows already for you, wow.

This is the last one for awhile! I'll also be hitting up the Vegas show, though that one's just a happy coincidence: I'd already planned to be out there for Motley Crue's Intimate Evening in Hell on Saturday, September 28, and then STP went and scheduled a show for the 27th! I'm considering myself VERY lucky!

If you're interested in pics from the shows for your awesome live guide, you're welcome to use some of mine. I've started sets on Flickr for the Bethlehem show and the Atlantic City show, and assuming I can get reasonably close to the stage tonight, I'll have a set going for Huntington by tomorrow or Thursday.

If you're interested in pics from the shows for your awesome live guide, you're welcome to use some of mine. I've started sets on Flickr for the Bethlehem show and the Atlantic City show, and assuming I can get reasonably close to the stage tonight, I'll have a set going for Huntington by tomorrow or Thursday.

Wow your pics are incredible, we'll gladly add some of those to our pages, thanks!

Show note:

Chester messed up the lyrics of verse 1 of Interstate Love Song.

Yes, badly -- He blew the entire lyric. It definitely happened early in the song -- if it was, in fact, the first verse, it must have been the "Feelin', like a hand in rusted shame" lyric. Otherwise, it was probably the first line of the second first.

It was interesting, though, because he blew a lyric in Atlantic City, and he totally cracked up about it. Like, to the point where he had trouble getting the next two lines out because he couldn't stop smiling about it. But when he blew the line in ILS last night, he yelled out "Fuck!" and looked so pissed off that Dean had to give him a reassuring, "It's alright!" He joked about it after the show on Twitter, but he was not a happy camper at the time!

But yes, same set. Dean and Robert did an extended improvisation before ILS. After seeing the video from Sayerville where Dean either broke a string or had a stroke during the opening to that song, I feared he might have gone off the rails again, but it appears the extended intro was intentional last night. Someone over at Below Empty said he's not awesome at improvising. Based on the extremely limited experience of the three CheSTP shows I've seen, I'd have to agree!