08.01.2008 | West Palm Beach, FL | Cruzan Amphitheatre

zuben7o7

Picking up where I left off with the Charlotte review, Mark, Mary Ann, and I were preparing to leave Atlanta the day before the WPB show so we wouldn't have to worry about driving 9 hours the day of the show and what not. Since we were traveling so far down there, I wanted to stay a bit longer and enjoy the beach and just stuff that didn't necessarily involve LP and Mark was all for that. We already had hotel reservations so we were ready for the big jaunt of the SE tour.

We got back from the Charlotte show somewhere around 4am and clonked out.... I was hoping to be back on the road around 9-10am but, hellll no, that didn't come close to happening. We slept through some alarms but finally woke up sometime between 11-12 I suppose. We slowly loaded the car and said our goodbyes and just like that we were off for West Palm.

None of us had been that far down in Florida and in my pre city research, it seemed to be a real nice town and beach so I was really looking forward to the trip itself along with the shows. This would be my longest road trip to date, but I was prepared and drove all the way - about 9 hours or so.

Somewhere along Macon, we stopped at a Krystal - something that truly fasinated your favorite LP site's owner. Turns out, outside of CFA, he's not really much of a fast food master like MA and I. It was pretty amusing to hear him talk about how fucking amazing his Krystal's were. Anyways, that was a needed pit stop, but we were still a few hours away from Florida and still many many hours away from West Palm.

We listened to a ton of LP, from some random SBD's to Meteora to some of my random mixes that ole' Marcus seems to like. We talked a lot, about Valentine's Day and Hit The Floor and a bunch of random crap. To just have actually met the dude the day before, it had seemed like we knew him for 5 years and that really made the trip go a lot better. We may have been rushed at times, but the trip went about as smooth as it possibly could go for 3 people to go concert road trippin' through the great USA Southeast.

After a few more random pit stops, we were finally making some head way and we were getting on long roads that I had never been on before going into West Palm. However, if you have never been to Florida, let me be the person to inform you that it is poll hell. I know place like NJ/NY have polls everywhere, but being from Atlanta, where there is only 1 toll plaza, traveling through Florida can be a headache sometimes. We were afraid to get off a some exits because we didn't know if there would be a cashier with change (something that I became paranoid of in Tampa for TDG in March 2008) but there really was no need to get off at stops, so we continued on this strange, desolate highway.

About an hour or so out of West Palm, it really started to pour but it eventually stopped and we saw a very nice rainbow - probably one of the coolest I have ever seen. After a few "oooohs and "ahhhh's" and corny jokes about Jewish lepreachauns, we approached Jupiter, FL which was one of the last big cities before West Palm.

It started to down pour again and when I mean down pour, I mean Hurricane Hawthorne Heights pour down. We could hardly see. I had to get gas because we were about on empty but I was relieved because we were about 10 miles from West Palm Beach. We got off, where there was this nice college campus, and found gas. It literally was like a hurricane out there.

Goat (Mary Ann) needed to go in the station while I pumped and naturally walks right WHERE there is NO cover to the station so she gets soaked and Mark and I have a nice laugh at her expense (Poor Scrapster!). A guy talked to me about the weather, I talked to my mom, and then we were off.

Just a bit longer and we were there and boy was I happy because I was pretty drained from driving - I wasn't expecting to drive the whole way but I thought it would gain me some leverage on the late-night drives that were coming, and indeed it did. :)

We got a bit turned around on the exit ramp to our hotel in West Palm - the freaking MapQuest directions are always great, but always have some small flaw that fucks you up most. I took a left, we were supposed to go right so after some nifty sign-reading by Mr. Navigation himself, I got us back to the other side of the bridge, and bam, our hotel.

I'd say we got there just at dusk so it was around 9pm, maybe a bit later. I remember being a bit worried that there would be some conflict at the counter about our reservations or being late or something but there was none of that - the lady was actually exceptionally nice. I paid the bill, got the keys, and bam we were in the room.

For a Red Roof Inn, it wasn't bad at all, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. We were gonna be there for the next two days, which was a bit odd because on most of my concert trips, MA (or whoever) and I only stay one night so it was nice to know we wouldn't have to be packing and shipping out the next morning.

I was starving, and so were they, but my plans before the trip called for us to go out to a nice dinner and check out the city and such. Well, I was planning on getting there at 10pm, so we decided to grab the almighty Taco Bell instead. MA and I get TB like 3 times a week, as I'm sure you probably do to, but Mark, no Mark, thinks Taco Bell is like Benihana's or the Ritz Carlton. Just like with Krystal earlier in the day, he got a chicken quesadilla and we heard about this bird-roll for the next..., well, hell I'm still hearing how great it was haha. Gotta say, that was pretty amusing and makes for some nice inside jokes.

We went back to the hotel and ate and I setup my laptop (no internet) and we played some random tracks I didn't have on CD's. We played some good ole No More Sorrow instrumental rips and I told Mark how much I enjoyed the POA rap intros and how I know which city has which intro, it's a talent, what can I say? :) We take some showers, and even though we missed out on going out to eat, I did want to drive and check out this nice city I had heard so much about.

We got changed and headed out, and since I am pretty good at self-navigation, even with places I have never been before, I thought I would just wing it to the direction I thought downtown would be. How hard could it be? Well, it turned out to be quite the task. First, we got on the main highway (I-95) that goes all the way to Miami and then some (same highway that a lot of the newer movie "Miami Vice" was filmed on). I went way too far and we ended up getting off at this junk ass Jewish synagogue commmunity of barbarians and such. It was called Lakeworth according to the big ass water tower and the only thing we saw was a bunch of Mickey Mouse (cheap) houses and 3 series of flashing cop cars in every direction. I thought an episode of COPS was being filmed because this place looked like it hosted a few episodes before. We quickly realized we were in the wrong place and I hadn't heard the best things about South Florida Po-Po's so we got back on the highway north to start back over. We got off at another exit and went by the Palm Beach International Airport that pails in compairson to Atlanta's Hartsfield, the world's biggest and busiest. It was still interesting to get to see the area, but we wanted downtown.

I continued to drive and we finally found it, a few roads and turns here and there. WPB, if your not familar, is definitely ritzy Florida - the skyline is filled with high-class hi-rise hotels and such... but thats about it. It certainly is not what I expected as far as it being like Miami or Tampa with big skyscapers and stadiums and such. Not much was really going on downtown, which was a big surprising, but I enjoyed the ride. It is a beautiful town with perfectly accented scenery - definitely the nicest city I have been to in Florida.

We made it back to the hotel after a stop at a gas station and hit the sack. We had a pretty interesting conversation from across the room about Joe Hahn, quesadilla's, Jews, and even Astat. Yes, Astat.

Enter show day.

After a joyous night of rest, we got up at a decent time because we wanted to hit the beach and hit most of the Rev. stage since we missed all of it in Charlotte (uh, hm, lol). The Rev. stage was awesome in Raleigh so I was pretty stoked to see all the bands again for WPB.

We got up and go going, stopped at Subway, and hit the beach. It was very nice and super hot out but during the day, I knew exactly how to get to the beach from some helpful maps. We took a different tour of the city, got some in-car photos of the awesome landscape, bridges, marinas, and such and made our way to exquisite West Palm Beach.

Easily the best beach I, or MA and Mark, have been too and we all have been to our share of nice beaches in USA and out. The sand was powder white and it was crystal clear water for 300 feet out. For us, that was nice. There was a good amount of people out, but nothing overly excessive, so we found an easy parking spot with an easy to use meter (one thing I have also become paranoid of) and I we were off. The beach was awesome and it felt great. Some of the best swimming I had done in quite some time, and I know Mark would agree. We were really impressed and I'm extremely glad we got to go for a few hours. By the time we got out, it started to get a bit overcast more towards in the inner city, but I wasn't fretting, although I could tell Mark was a bit pertubed and anxious.

We got ourselves cleaned up and such and we were off to Cruzan Amphitheatre. I was really excited to see this venue because from the pictures and 3D tours, it looked really nice. After about 10 minutes of driving, a turn-around, and a .20 toll, we got to the familar parking signs and cones and turned into the interesting setup around Cruzan.

I felt like at first we were going into a businesspark area, FL-style. From the parking road, you could see this big hill (back of lawn) but nothing else really. MA and Mark said that wasn't part of the venue, that it was further down, but I knew no such nonsense occured. It was the venue and it was nice. We got a good parking spot but we were a bit late. I think right when we got there is when 10 Years came on because I remember hearing the awesome chorus from "Russian Roulette" as we were walking to the Box Office to get Mark a ticket. We all wish we knew then what we know now as far as how great 10 Years was because would never had been late to Charlotte and we wouldn't have missed most of their set in West Palm nor missed them in Tampa. But oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

We got to the box office and I was taking in the great sightlines of the venue. It was definitely arranged a lot different than most of the other venues I had been too and I really fell in love with the whole setup. Mark didn't really warm up to the actual venue as much as I did, but MA and I loved it very much with the tiki bars and palm trees lining the sides of the venue all the way to the back of the lawn. It was a very nice touch.

Mark got a real expensive ticket that was way back corner of the venue and I could tell he was licking his chops on not buying that ticket earlier, but it didn't really matter in the end (haha, no pun intended).

We got over the Rev. stage and it was raining a bit. The place was pretty packed but we managed to get pretty close on the left side of the stage. I think this is the show MA started to fall in love with Jesse and 10 Years, and where Mark and I took some interest. I really enjoyed the setup for the Rev. stage at this show because sometimes they just throw those stages up in parking lots and gravel dumps and it's just messy and such. But you could see the venue in the background of the right side of the stage, and the rain created a pretty cool effect to the experience.

We all got into the rest of 10 Year's set and I was really impressed with their stage presence and sound. They were the best sounding band outside of LP on the tour hands-down.

OH, let me not forget. As we were rolling into the bitch, we saw many amateur Word Processing signs saying Hawthorne Heights would not be playing. We wondering what was up with that, but it didn't bother us one bit - we knew, or at least MA and I, knew they blew. I just think its real unprofessional to not show up to a date because you're off filming a video. Garbage.

But after 10 Years, of course, it was time for Atreyu. The place started to get more packed in and we were all ready. When they came out, the place went crazy for "Doomsday" and it was all out insanity as Marcus put it. Atreyu had a massive amount of energy that day, and unlike pretty much every other band on the tour (including LP) they played their show to the crowd, to the day, etc. No scripted banter like the Bravery or Ashes Divide and I think that makes a show 10x more enjoyable when your going to multiple shows on a certain tour. Atreyu had a really heavy set even though I was only familiar with their latest singles. Surprisingly enough though, those were probably two of their worst songs lives IMO. Go figure right. Needless to say, I was eager to particpate in the circle pit they call for and the finale involving the knee-jumping bar mitsvah mosh pit insanity. I was curious to see how Mark was on this type of stuff because I am a pit guy but I am a medium pit guy, meaning I like to bounce and get pushed around, but not the entire show. I really never got to enjoy the circle pit, I guess for my own stupidity of not joining but the knee thing I went crazy on. Everyone was on their knees as prompted by the band and when the guitar came on, the place went fucking crazy. Mark, MA, and I went fucking nuts and I started my own pit that was just down right insane. I had A TON of fun on that last song at that show and Atreyu instantly sealed the deal as one of my favorite live acts. It was crazy and I had a lot of fun. I almost had a drumstick but a royal douche bag in a green shirt grabbed my PR 07 back around my back and pretty much toppled me (not the heaviest guy around). I got a bit dusty but nothing to get rillied up about even though Mark and MA thought I should confront him, haha.

After the slow paced walk through the masses to try and catch SDC (to really no avail) because they practically started right after Atreyu left stage, we went to the bathroom and went to our seats.

MA and I had fair seats, on the left middle side of the stage behind FOH and all the middle "suite's." From this point, I was really impressed with the venue, it was very nice from the inside. Nothing spectacular, just really nicely built and I really loved the palm trees.

Mark decided to sit with us since his seats blew worse than Hurricane Hawthorne Heights the night before, and I think we saw the last song from SDC. I advised Mark that Ashes Divide sucked, so we decided to go to the other side of the venue and hang out and such.

This the time Mary Ann had her infamous bathroom call and Mark and I waited for seeingly 48 minutes for her ass to get back. Haha! We were looking at the merch booth and I really liked the poster (pin-ball machines of each member of LP) for that night's show. However, I was only planning on getting the poster from Atlanta's show since that was on my birthday and the posters were pricey so I held-off. Mark and I heard a few Live Nation broads talking about Busta Rhymes and whether he was there or not. We laughed at each other and talked about the venue, got a glimpse of Ashes Divide (not to our liking) and waited on Goat. She finally returned, and I asked Mark to get a pic of me and her with the venue in the background. But then some guy offerred to take a pic of all three of us so I let him and it was good.

We then headed back for the Bravery. We sat, fairly quitely during there set, and I enjoyed it. I took a video of "Believe" and they really were fairly decent to watch - much better performance than what I remember in Raleigh. They were pretty one-dimensional the entire tour but they definitely got better as the shows went on. They also had very good sound, even better than Chris Cornell's IMO.

(LOL @ their comment towards Hawthorne Height's absence from the show that day and Mark booing in the background - also got a lot of flac from a steriod-taking security man-bitch but I continued filming anyways haha)

So the night was turning out great, and we were getting to see, pretty much, a full show, or at least what we wanted to thus far. The sun was starting to set and the place was pretty much capacity. The crowd blew out anything I had seen before at any show and when Chris came out to his new violin 5-minute intro, the place was ready and so was he. He gave a much better performace than Raleigh's and Charlotte's and I was happy because he didn't impress me at first. But he did at this show and the place went crazy on Hunger Strike, which is when Mark's seat got taken up so he had to depart to the back to some shitty seat. But he didn't manage that for long and ended up with an awesome seat over by Pooch and FOH with some nifty ticket work and straight talk. Impressive.

Like I said, the place erupted for Hunger Strike and his other hits like "Like A Stone", "Oushined" and "Show Me How To Live," all personal favorites. The man has so much material and good music, its must be hard for him to create a setlist for a tour.

Chris gave the crowd a lot of attention and you could tell he was feeding from our energy because he was on it that night. I really enjoyed his set and it was perfect as the sun went down. I was wishing Mark was gonna be able to sit by us, but the place was packed and we were in first row behind FOH so security was everywhere.

Chris left the stage and thus starts the 30 mins or so of eager anticipation for Linkin Park. A lot of people leave and go get their final drinks and shit and go to the bathroom and shit (lol). Here come's an interesting story that Mark mentioned in his review.

The camera is brought is a Sony CyberShot with moveable lenses - pretty much the closest thing you can legally bring in the place since the guard's can't see the lenses come out when it's not on. It's about a $500 camera, pretty pricey for a digi. Anyways, for some reason, I felt comfortable leaving it under the seat in Raleigh when we left for food, and no one touched it, so I thought it would be fine to just leave under the seat again. I really don't know what I was thinking. I guess I thought the people next to us would look after it or something but when we got up and there were so many people, I'm not sure as to what I was thinking to just leave under the seat. I even saw two kids jump right in our seats when we got up and even with Mary Ann telling me I should go get it, I just snapped at her and said no. WTF? Needless to say we go get something to drink and go to the bathroom and come back to see LP's stage ready for action in 10 minutes or so, and we come back to two different kids being in our seats and the couple sitting next to us gone. When I sit down, I notice the camera and the PR 07 back I had next to it was gone.

S H I T

I could not believe this. How stupid can one be? We both immediately went into panic mode x 100 especially since I always get anxious right before LP came on. Now, my whole trip could be doubly ruined with the loss of this nice camera I got for Christmas the year before. Mary Ann and I were going crazy looking around but I was trying my best to keep my cool because 1) I really didn't want to mess up the show 2) I was trying not to look like a complete dumass for leaving it but I already was. Thankfully, Mary Ann was pissed and saw two redneck mother fuckers, a big burly tatooed guy and his trailer-trash girlfriend sniffing around our seats when we had left. She knew they took it, I don't know how but she did and she was on the prowl for them. I was tryign to tell her it would be fine, but I was really aggravated and pissed at myself. The couple came back and we asked them and they said they left when the two "culprits" came because they were smoking and the woman was pregnant. So apparently, when they go up, 4 empty seats and a camera bag and PR 07 bag... they fetched it and dashed. It was probably about 5 mins to about LP was coming on and we were practically on the verge of a panic attack. So many people and everyone was getting settled in and I was just like "Fuck, we are never seeing this again." But.... on the very opposite end of the aisle, Mary Ann spotted the people she thought took it and I spotted the reconizable PR 07 Verizon bag they gave out last year - no one else we had seen had that bag and he was holding it by his hands and I could tell something was in there.

Without hesistation, I literally bolted down the row with her in tow and tapped this mother on the back and was like "That's my camera, that's my bag." He gently looked over his shoulder and quickly looked back and mumbed "There's a lot of camera's out here." I told him that was mine point blank, and Mary Ann chimed in too and he kinda shrugged and I was told him I wasn't looking to go to security, just give it back. Thankfully, his girlfriend, daughter, pet or whatever she was told him to just give it back.... and thus, with a bit of hesitation, I had my camera back in the middle of the venue behind Pooch with all sorts of people looking and LP about to hit the stage. I was in pretty much joyful bliss and LP could cancel the show and I woulda been happy. Weird turn of events, but thankfully MA spotted them or I would still be bummed and not writing any of these reviews. That would have totally ruined my trip to all ends and would have ruined Mark's and Mary Ann's too. I was so happy and LP still hadn't started.

We got back to our seats, I checked out camera, it was fine, told the couple about it, we had a good relieving laughs that feel oh so good after a bad situation. I decided to wear the bag with the camera inside its case inside the bag. Didn't want to take any chances because turns out the douche mother popped aroudn the corner midway through LP's set looking to kill so.... I wanted no chances at grabbing it.

The lights come down and SDC comes out and I am in all LP mode after the whirlwind 20 minutes that just past. The place was LOUD as fuck and then the familiar sirens started and

You could tell LP was gonna be on fire for this show right after this song finished.

I'm not much for taping shows or recording them like Mark is (and some others here) but I did want to get some good video and I thought since the seats weren't the most ideal for jumping and such, and, of course, with the camera ordeal, I would get some good video. Its just I wish I had a plan to record either all or none because I would have enjoyed Faint and No More Sorrow much better.

If you read my Charlotte review, you know that Faint is my favorite live song but I could not enjoy it in West Palm Beach. On the SBD's I love it as the 2nd song, I think it flows incredibily well from WID but I just couldn't enjoy it like I do when I expecting it as an encore closer or something. I spent the first minute (or first half, lol) of the song putting my camera away, which ended up being a hassle during the show. Faint was still fun and I still enjoyed watching the band go crazy on the outro, seemingly one of their most energetic band moments from the MTM touring cycle.

Short intro No More Sorrow which pails in comparision to the long intro NMS in the middle of the set but it's still good to see the light show right after Faint and bam, some good head banging to my favorite song of MTM.

A good rendition of Wake 2.0 and Given Up followed with the whole place rockin'. Given Up has become one of their bigger hits and I think it will be a set staple for a long time because the band enjoys it too.

Lying From You was next and Mike made a rare comment on the fact that there were a lot of people in the crowd and I always like to hear things like that from the band at shows I'm at... makes it more personal and such. LFY, as always, was a riot and from there went to Don't Stay, the first time I had heard this song live in a year. Wow, this song is amazing live, so much energy and since it was only in one set, it was a real treat to get to hear again. I wish they would have played it in Tampa for us in the pit but MA and I went crazy on the bridge for DS. Great, great rock song.

By this point, however, I was getting pretty pissed off with the security situation. The douche steriod-security guard came all the way down the row and flashed his flashlight at MA and I. I thought at first it might have something to do with the camera but he wanted to see our tickets. I was like WTF we have been here the whole time... but he wanted to see him. He looked at them and told us we were in the wrong section and needed to move. I was like "Nooo, check again" and he was like "Oh, sorry" so he checked all the dumass people in the aisle which it was like a mini pit over there there were so many people, which is a big no no at venues, so it was annoying for the guards to be right next to us at the end of the row telling all these dumb fucks to go back to their seats. The secruity at Cruzan was the worst of any venue I had ever been too and it really dampened the experience because I constantly had to deal with fuckers coming into our area and them kicking them out... no courtesy.

However, back to the show.

The rest of the set was really great, LP was on top. I really enjoyed Points of Authority was always, and Mark was dead on when he said the place was insane with the hands in the air prompt from Mike and Chester. It was amazing. The rest of the songs were pretty ordinary, enjoyed Crawling once more and I reallyed enjoyed Bleed It Out from this show because Brad and Mike did this small little duel-off where they just simplify the BIO riff while Mike add's some detail to it. I really enjoy when the do things like this as I dislike when the start the songs off normally. I wish they would play the intro everytime like Auburn 07 which is like 2 minutes long before they actually start the song. I also dislike BIO to close shows; I think its much more effective at closing regular sets. No SDC on this one, and I think Rob's solo was excellent, I really enjoyed it. The encore followed and the place was loud as hell and here we were winding down to another encore of LP. To be honest, I had forgotten the setlists so I had no idea what was coming.

Chaz and Mike walk out and talk about playing on cool jazz from the 80s which was pretty amusing and then the familar Pushing Me Away piano version ensued. It was good to hear this, I hadn't hear this live in a year as well as I was treated to the much better My December in Nashville in February. Breaking The Habit followed and I think that is one of their best songs - live or otherwise. It was a great performance that led into the last encore.

The 2nd encore break was short and Joe came out on Cure For The Itch. I really enjoyed seeing this for the first time live and I wish they would make it longer instead of shorter than the studio version. The place started chanting "Joe, Joe, Joe!" and I really liked hearing that.... blend into One Step Closer, no intro which Mark and I thought it had. They dropped it earlier on in the tour, I suppose after Busta left or something. Either way, MA and I went INSANE on OSC and so did everyone else. The couple beside us had left so we had a bit more room to move around and such and nothing was gonna stop me from enjoying OSC close the show.

It was an absolute motherfuckingriot and I loved it. SDC was even out there banging on cymbals and everything around and it was just nuts. People went crazy on the bridge and outro and I had a ton of fun on that song with MA. That IS the way to close a show out!

Well, there we were, another show down. We waited a bit and took it all again again and I snapped some "memory shots" of the huge ass crowd, it had to be a sellout or like super close. There was so many people it was insane. I called Mark, and could barely hear him but we got through and met him at the PR bus right outside the venue. We talked like little school girls to the car then rolled down the windows and starting blaring some LP! HHAHA! Its so funny how after an LP concert, you really hear LP everywhere. I heard Meteora, Collision Course, Crawling, all on the way to the car, it was awesome.

We certainly got out of their a lot quicker than we did for Charlotte which was great and Mark was talking to like everyone LP-related in his phone. He is like a total businessman with this site but he is so funny talking to people to update LPLive and telling them what Mike did on stage and what Chester did and that Brad picked his nose during Shadow of the Day (what else is there to do during that abstrocity?). It was very entertaining to hear him talk to his people and we told him a little bit about the camera situation but I don't think he was fully into what we were saying till later that night and I confirmed to him that SDC was indeed out there for OSC.

We went back to Taco Bell after the show (to Mark's delight, but to our disgust) and we attemped to go to some 24 hour breakfast places to get Wi-Fi but no go. He woke up Astat and told him to update the site, haha. Very amusing. I think he was even trying to call that Jew from England but he did not pick up. LPLive is a business, baby.

We had a real good conversation and reflection in the hotel room and I at this point in time I was so relieved. Things were going great, my camera DIDN'T GET STOLEN!, the beach was great, the shows were outstanding, and most importantly, we were all having a great time. It meant a lot to me because I pretty much put the thing together and I would feel somewhat responsible if something went wrong or it wasn't as great as we anticipated. But it was, plus more, and we had some great stories to go along with it.

To just recap the review, lol....

West Palm Beach was a great show, but probably the worst of the 5 shows I went to obviousy because of the intangibles. The venue was fucking nice and the crowd was outstanding, but the seats were awful. Never, ever sit right behind the suites in the front row on the sides. Security is a bitch and so is every other leech trying to grab a better view at the expense of another. I just couldn't get into this show like I did the others, but LP was definitely on fire that night. Again, the security was awful but the venue was first-class and one of my favorites I have been too along with Sommet Center in Nashville and Lakewood Amphitheatre in Atlanta. The show itself wasn't anything hi-lite worthy except for the intro to BIO but Chester did say it was one of the best crowds he has EVER played for which he doesn't go THAT far very often, and I could definitely see how he felt that way because we were loud as hell and the crowd was massive. Tremendous show, but the worst of 5 I went to....

AND THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3.5 HOURS TO WRITE!!!!!

-Preston

I bet you had an awesome fucking time... You better review the next shows for the roadtrip, Mark and I have enough shit on our plates.. Also, thanks for adding humor to the store, it really spiced shit up a bit

Edited by Jack

I bet it's an awesome review dude.. I'm just way too fucking lazy to read it all

what in the world kind of post is that lol

I printed out charlotte, took it to the doctors office and read it lmao.

this is absolutely fucking hilarious for a review. excellent recap of things. I think between the 2 of us we capture it all pretty well. descriptions of the rev stage/cornell/lp are all perfect.

hands up on POA...epic. can't wait for the tampa review.

• 3 months later...

Sucks that you took the Turnpike, that's why there were tolls. I'm from Jacksonville and if you took I-95 during the Florida stretch of your trip it would have been free.

Also, as you can see in the sig, I went there last year, but couldn't afford to this year. Listening to most of the SBD's, I think LP is always more energetic in West Palm. I was 10 rows from the stage and had the time of my life.

Sucks that you took the Turnpike, that's why there were tolls. I'm from Jacksonville and if you took I-95 during the Florida stretch of your trip it would have been free.

I tried to tell the jew that that was the way to go and he kept telling me that it was out of the way, etc, lol. That's the proper route to take. I-95 parallels it essentially and is cost-free.

I tried to tell the jew that that was the way to go and he kept telling me that it was out of the way, etc, lol. That's the proper route to take. I-95 parallels it essentially and is cost-free.

:lol:

Yea, it's pretty much the same road except one has tolls and one doesn't. Hope you guys enjoyed Florida!

Haha we did, that's for sure. We're thinking of coming down for Dave Matthews in August but we'll see. I'd love to see LP down there again. Cruzan was great, the 08 WPB show was incredible. And damn that's the best beach I've ever been to in my life :)

Haha we did, that's for sure. We're thinking of coming down for Dave Matthews in August but we'll see. I'd love to see LP down there again. Cruzan was great, the 08 WPB show was incredible. And damn that's the best beach I've ever been to in my life :)

Whenever you come down again you should hit up South Beach, you won't regret it. ;)

Here's some pics from West Palm 2007. My camera doesn't have the best zoom so most of my pics were blurry, these were the best of the best.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2...035690_8931.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2...035692_9392.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2...035693_9620.jpg

My favorite:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2...035691_9156.jpg

*I think the 3rd pic is from From The Inside, that was the last one i took, after that I was like screw pictures I'm rocking out.

Edited by mandarinmustang