Mike in the Studio

hahninator

Over the past few days, fans may have noticed that Mike has posted images on social media indicating that he is in the studio. We won't publicize the name of the studio he is at for privacy reasons, but we'll update the (eventual) Linkinpedia page with that information at a later time down the road.

studio1.jpg

This follows comments he has made recently on Phoenix's Member Guest podcast that he has "written a lot of new songs." That isn't necessarily news either as he has been vocal since the Post Traumatic release that he has recorded quite a bit of music. One of those songs is what we saw him working on in an Instagram Live video, "Looking For An Answer", that we all know from the Hollywood Bowl show.

What he exactly up to, we have no idea, but we could easily speculate that it is material for a new EP or even an album. Long time studio engineer (and mixer) Ethan Mates was spotted in an Instagram video. Since the Summer Sonic shows are not until August and he has only released three songs, our (very logical) guess is that he will keep releasing new music up until the show so he can fill the setlist with solo songs... and of course some Fort Minor tracks and maybe even a Linkin Park snippet or two (Enth E Nd verses, anyone?).

Speaking of guests, you may have seen fellow Linkin Park member Brad also in the studio, and an Instagram post from Phoenix of bass gear the same day that Mike posted about recording bass sounds indicates he could be there as well. As you may remember, Brad served as the A&R for Fort Minor's The Rising Tied and helped Mike (with Jay-Z) pick songs for the album. This doesn't necessarily mean there is a collaboration of music happening, but you never know.

studio2.jpg

studio3.jpg

New Mike solo music appears to be on the horizon and behind the scenes, the tour plans are coming together piece by piece - be sure to keep demanding Mike on WeDemand!

If this is indeed a sign of more Mike music to come I'm very excited. Post Traumatic was really good and I can't wait to hear more music from the man.

He def will be putting out more music I think. I don't think this means Linkin Park at all but some people do. Brad helped Mike with picking songs for The Rising Tied in 2005. He also has worked the most with Mike out of anyone in Linkin Park. I don't think it necessarily means new Linkin Park just because Mike and Brad are chilling in the studio together. I think this is def more Mike Shinoda music. He has those Summer Sonic shows coming up in August and probably will be playing more shows.

He def will be putting out more music I think. I don't think this means Linkin Park at all but some people do. Brad helped Mike with picking songs for The Rising Tied in 2005. He also has worked the most with Mike out of anyone in Linkin Park. I don't think it necessarily means new Linkin Park just because Mike and Brad are chilling in the studio together. I think this is def more Mike Shinoda music. He has those Summer Sonic shows coming up in August and probably will be playing more shows.

Agreed. I'm getting alerts from this story on my Google Alerts email about LP news, so like AltPress, etc have picked this up and have given it an LP twist. Ugh, lol

Agreed. I'm getting alerts from this story on my Google Alerts email about LP news, so like AltPress, etc have picked this up and have given it an LP twist. Ugh, lol

I know. It’s just misleading IMO. Unless the band says we’re making some new Linkin Park again, I’m not gonna consider everything that Mike or Phoenix do as new Linkin Park. Especially since like 2005 they have been doing side projects and guest spots. That’s why I always look for Mike or whoever to say new Linkin Park music before I call it that. It’s different.