Chester joined Deftones for "My Own Summer" in 2003

LESTAT

Looks like Chester joined Deftones to sing "My Own Summer" with them at least once.

2003.07.21 Rochester, NY

The venue was called ESL Sports Center at the time, but I'm a little bit confused about it's current name.

Source: http://www.deftonesworld.com/txt/rochester21072003.txt

Linkin Park arrived in town to rehearse for the following day's show. Chester showed up and helped sing the chorus for my own summer.

After that while Stef switched guitars, Chino kept repeating the words "You wanna fuck around", and then he said "So you wanna fuck around, right Chester". Then Chester from Linkin Park (whom I hate) took the stage to scream along with Chino for My own summer.

and on My Own Summer, someone who looked like Chester from Linkin Park did quite an amazing job screaming his way to the end of the song with Chino.

During My Own Summer, Chester Bennington from Linkin Park appeared out of nowhere (They're playing with Mudvayne tomorrow in Rochester so I guess they got here early). Anyways, he was jumping all over the place and screaming along witht he chorus. The crowd was going insane.

If it's any help, I'm pretty sure that 7/21 show is the first show were it happened. Here's a video of a show the day before - no Chester.

Off topic, but ugh, this reminds me of what a beast Chi Cheng was when it came to stage presence. I miss the hell out of that guy. :(

Off topic, but ugh, this reminds me of what a beast Chi Cheng was when it came to stage presence. I miss the hell out of that guy. :(

#RIPChi

Didn't get into Deftones soon enough to be too attached to his playing (probably started listening to them in 2012 or 2013), but I was still crushed to hear that Chi had passed, knowing his story.