#1 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

source: http://www.mtv.com/n...sic-video.jhtml

On Tuesday, MTV News was on the set of the video for "Burn It Down," the first single from their (still-untitled) new album. So, yes, this is really happening, and yes, it's happening soon, as LP's Chester Bennington explained.

Posted Image

Well, we promised our fans that we'd put out records faster, and that's what we're doing. We figured out a way to condense our cycle, so to speak, by ... continuing to write, trying to keep the creative ball rolling as often as possible," he said. "We wrote some of the stuff on the road during the last tour, and instead of ... touring for two years, we toured for about a year, we came home, jumped right back into the studio and just worked our butts off to create this record. "And this album is a really great representation of where we're at right now as a band," Bennington continued. "We're kind of really comfortable with our early nü-metal days, and we're really comfortable with where we're at in our more contemporary version of ourselves, so this is a good representation of that comfort level with our own identity as a band."

As for "Burn It Down," well, Bennington said the band chose it as the first single mostly because it showcases everything they're hoping to accomplish on the new disc: a combination of their crackling, crushing past and their ethereal, electro-tinged present. And while we can't reveal any details about the "Burn" video just yet, we'll let Bennington tell you all about the new song:

"All of our songs take these really big creative turns and twists throughout the process, so sometimes songs will start out as a melody or some musical chord progressions. ... Other times, they'll start out as beats, and the next thing you know they kind of evolve over the course of the making of the album," he said. "But what's interesting about this track is the really high energy and the really strong electronic melodies and hooks kind of set this song apart, which is why we chose it as our first single.

"We've kind of drifted into a lot more kind of electronic, digital feel, but what's interesting about this record is that a lot of songs — people might pick up on this — but a lot of the songs kind of were started as these folk-driven songs," he continued. "So there's a very organic element to the record, as well as a very modern, kind of futuristic element too. We can't wait for our fans to hear it."

2013 Concerts:
February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)

#2 Geki

Geki

Street Soldier

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,895 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

HELL YES!! I cannot wait!!!

#3 F0RG0TT3N

F0RG0TT3N

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

I can't wait too!! :D

#4 Stone44

Stone44

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

This article is definitely illuminating, getting closer and closer to that epic album release night :)
jako: WID is good live, but nothing special. Stone44: agreed, and pretty sure Chester just said mythelf and not myself jako: it's the Stache's fault Stone44: blame it on the Stache

#5 DevinS

DevinS

5 Star General/ Infantry Controller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Lol folk driven songs! Mumford and Sons anyone?

#6 andlight91

andlight91

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Lol folk driven songs!

Mumford and Sons anyone?

Great band there, if LP made roots in folky/acousticy songs then adapted them, they will be really upbeat songs that will have meaningful lyrics.

#7 Ducko

Ducko

Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

I DEMAND ACOUSTIC FOLK SPIN OFF E.P.

My Mind's Wide Open Like Starry Skies

Gigs I've Been To / Am Going To (If You Care)

I write album reviews for RichardThinks.org.

#8 HybridThe0ry97

HybridThe0ry97

The Economist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

Next album to start as a gospel record ha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users