Linkin Park Fan Survey‏

Wasn't DBS supposed to be him, Ryan, and Amir working together on his solo material? I thought that was the entire point of the thing. That was why Brandon and Elias (and Fu to a lesser extent) were basically treated as hired help for the tour.

The original songs started with Chester sitting home all day getting drunk and playing them on just acoustic guitar. Then Ryan and Amir started working on it with him and it evolved into a band not a solo project. That's what Chester said at least. Brandon, Elias and Fu were also on the album, they weren't just touring members. I just keep thinking back to the time that Chester got all emotional on Twitter asking if he made a bad album and shit. It wasn't a bad album, it's one of my favorite albums of all time, I just think it would have been better if it was stripped down and really raw and emotional like it was intended too. Also, it doesn't help the fact that they created Inside Of Me, Condemned and had to re-work Fire to make some heavy rock songs for the album in late 2008. The original album wasn't supposed to have those heavy kind of songs on it. In 2009 Chester even tweeted saying that they were going to release a 10 song album. It was supposed to be acoustic and raw. Kind of like what The Messenger sounds like, which is ironically one of my favorite LP songs. I just think all the electronic shit on the album is too much and the mixing kind of sucked, too. You can hear Too Late acoustic briefly in one DBS TV clip and it sounds amazing, just like Let Down and In The Darkness do. I imagine the rest of the original DBS songs would sound epic like that as well.

Here is the video about how he was going to just have it be Chester Bennington and him with acoustic guitar and singing ...

Edited by Geki