Linkin Park Gear (Mainlly rob and joe) questions

Pez

Alright ive been tossing up weather i just make this a topic or just send a message to Astat. But i decided to post it because i though other people would have more input.

After watching RTR last night i wondered a few things about Joe and Robs Samplers. First ill start with Rob. During the shows you see rob uses his Pintech pads for songs like Crawling, Faint, BTH, etc. Ive always wondered does his drum tech change the samples of the pads and are the samples stored on a sampler or something?

My 2nd question is a Rob and Joe question about their samplers again. Ive always wondered do LP record these samples and place them on the sample or do they come with the sampler their using etc etc. Cos being in a LP coverband it would be uses full to have the same samples as LP then to have a cheep rip off version haha (if you have seen my bands LOATR cover you would understand).

And lastly ill keep this one short. Does anyone know the Program Joe uses to scratch. Its like Virtual DJ but looks better haha

Anyways yeah Those are my gear questions for now (i am a gear head)

Edited by Peryman

Joe uses Scratch Live, he's been using that on stage since MTM came out. It allows him to store all his scratch samples on his laptop in the Scratch Live program, bank up/down from sample to sample during the set and use the Scratch Live control record to scratch them, which is a lot easier than having to switch vinyls all the time.

LP creates all of their samples themselves and loads them into their samplers. The M-Audio pads that they've been using since MTM came out don't even come with any samples on them, I'm pretty sure.

Rob uses the same kind of samplers that Joe does, he has 5 triggers on his drumset (the 3 Pintech pads, a digital kick pedal next to his regular bass drum pedal, and a trigger on his snare drum) that each have different samples routed to them. I think his sampler might actually be part of Joe's rig and Joe switches the samples for him, I've never seen a sampler anywhere around his drum kit.

Probably not, I mean there are a few random samples floating around out there that are usable, but there's really no way of isolating them from the songs. Even the songs that are on games like Guitar Hero don't have the samples isolated from the rest of the track in the multitrack files.

Probably not, I mean there are a few random samples floating around out there that are usable, but there's really no way of isolating them from the songs. Even the songs that are on games like Guitar Hero don't have the samples isolated from the rest of the track in the multitrack files.

Thats a killer. As Much as LP love people covering their stuff is basically impossible without making it sound cheep or cheesy.

Thats a killer. As Much as LP love people covering their stuff is basically impossible without making it sound cheep or cheesy.

If u have instrumentals or instrumental rips to the songs then u can prob rip certain samples yourself w/ audacity or something like that. I'm talking about official and vocal removed instrumentals of course.

If u have instrumentals or instrumental rips to the songs then u can prob rip certain samples yourself w/ audacity or something like that. I'm talking about official and vocal removed instrumentals of course.

Yeah ive been able to get the sample of shadow of the day and used it. I also have all thos LPConcert Samples but there pretty lame (either Tempos been speed up and sounds shitty when slowed down or its not a full sample eg LOATR)

I also have the multi tracts and got Given up sample out of that, Also i need Extender samples.

Yeah ive been able to get the sample of shadow of the day and used it. I also have all thos LPConcert Samples but there pretty lame (either Tempos been speed up and sounds shitty when slowed down or its not a full sample eg LOATR)

I also have the multi tracts and got Given up sample out of that, Also i need Extender samples.

For those who have been looking for the With You harmony sample, there is a perfect sample from the Somerset recording, it's live but it doesn't have any audience noises in the background it's just the sample. Use the first two strings cuz after that the original samples can be heard.

It's pretty tough to get extender samples unless some of those samples are in the studio track. For the long NMS intro for example, ud have to recreate the "raindrops" effect urself. For the rest of the sound the first couple of seconds of Easier To Run sounds a bit like it, and then of course ud have to play ur own guitar and drum parts.