Regarding Multitracks

Elaine

I feel that if LP included official multitracks as an LPU annual-member feature, I think it would justify the price, and be freaking awesome. Imagine the remixes. There wouldn't be anything bad to come out of this, that is, if Warner would actually allow the band to do this. It would also help justify the price for many fans who feel that the LPU is overpriced, and encourage remixes of the songs, not to mention providing long sought after instrumentals and accapelas.

Mainly, I would just like to hear your opinions on this, and I hope that LPU Administration will hear this message and take it into consideration. I would <3 them forever.

Edited by adaminator1

It really is a great idea, and with the band (particularly Mike) being so supportive of the idea of fan remixes, I can see this type of thing being something they'd support. Nine Inch Nails has an entire website dedicated to providing multitracks and sharing remixes that are subsequently made using them, I think LP would be a prime candidate for a similar concept (whether as part of the LPU or otherwise). Sadly, I doubt it will happen as long as they're signed to Warner, but maybe at some point down the road they'll be a "free agent" band like NIN/Radiohead/Metallica and essentially be able to do whatever they want.

It's probably not going to happen. While I would love for this to happen, I don't think it would. Mostly because Warner's a dick and owns the sole rights to anything that's been on an 'official' release. Including the multitracks. Almost everything that's out there now was obtained illegally. If there's a way to have this kind of stuff on LPU, I'm all for it, but I think the much more productive way is to have sort of a fundraiser for them (the public 'buying' them from Warner, a song at a time) and give whatever profits there are to MFR or PTW. That's still a LOT of paperwork and all kinds of politics between the band and their label, and that's probably enough by itself to discourage the idea.

tl;dr... Warner's not going for it unless they can make bank off it. If it goes on LPU, expect a huge price increase. But it probably won't, just because of all of the politics involved.

That said, I've felt for a while now that Linkin Park need to go the path of Radiohead / Nine Inch Nails and just drop their record label and do it independently. Linkin Park is a big enough name to not only be self-sufficient, but gain massive profits for the side stuff like LPU and MFR and PTW and whatever else they want to be active in. Even if they do that, there's no way we'd get stems from anything from Hybrid Theory through A Thousand Suns, because that stuff's still going to belong to Warner even after LP books it.

Edited by Reflectionist

Okay, how about this then; New part of the LPU members-only store. 5$ per multitrack of each song, which would include a fully mixed Instrumental piece, covering studio and LPU albums.

I think that sounds fair, and LP could easily strike such a deal up with Warner with a similar structure, considering that the LPU albums are offered there already for $10 bucks. Maybe have a special if you buy a full album of Multitracks, so it dosen't cost a person over a hundred and fifty bucks to buy each multitrack.

Edited by adaminator1

Okay, how about this then; New part of the LPU members-only store. 5$ per multitrack of each song, which would include a fully mixed Instrumental piece, covering studio and LPU albums.

I think that sounds fair, and LP could easily strike such a deal up with Warner with a similar structure, considering that the LPU albums are offered there already for $10 bucks. Maybe have a special if you buy a full album of Multitracks, so it dosen't cost a person over a hundred and fifty bucks to buy each multitrack.

great idea and i think the only acceptable way for warner ;)

Great idea, except the cost of multitracks would likely be way above and beyond what you're suggesting. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you'd have to pay well over $150 just to buy the multitracks to one song. Considering the cost of professionally mastering a recording is usually in the neighborhood of $500 per song...yeah.

Great idea, except the cost of multitracks would likely be way above and beyond what you're suggesting. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you'd have to pay well over $150 just to buy the multitracks to one song. Considering the cost of professionally mastering a recording is usually in the neighborhood of $500 per song...yeah.

Ehh... At least we'd have them. But I don't think they'd be THAT expensive, seeing as the songs have already been released, and out on albums for a while now. We'd probably be getting something like 320kbps MP3 versions.

Edited by adaminator1

Korn has lossless multi-tracks from See You On the Other Side and Korn III (and soon Path of Totality) for their premium members and that is only $25 for a year.

Really?! Kinda cool, so that means that all hope isn't lost! :D

Edited by adaminator1