Syracuse, NY 2007

Geki

This was an interesting show to say the least. We prepared the entire day before, getting hyped up, etc. since this was the last show of the tour we would be going to, me and my friend. We drove down early in the morning, my Grandma drove us down again. Little did I know that it was in the most middle of nowhere, hick town there is. It took us three hours to get there, and when we finally did, we were way too early. We checked into the hotel since we were staying overnight in Syracuse for this one, and then we drove to the New York State Fair, where Projekt Revolution took place. I thought it was a weird choice for a tour date, but oh well. We saw the tour buses and Nathan from Madina Lake actually came over to us and shook our hand, I told him I loved Madina Lake, etc. and it was pretty cool, really nice guy. I asked him if they were going to play Stars and he said they don't usually play that song. Not sure why I asked him that, I think I loved that song at the time. Anyways, me and my friend had to go to the will call booth and pick our Meet & Greet passes. We were really lucky to have got another Meet & Greet pass for this show. I knew we would get one since it was the smallest crowd of the entire tour by far, I didn't see anybody online talking about the show, etc. Anyways, the man there had absolutely no idea what we were talking about. Eventually, we asked someone else and they gave us FOUR passes instead of two. Wow, was that lucky. We gave one to this girl's boyfriend so we could go, and I gave the other one to my Grandma, so she could take pics.

We missed Madina Lake since we were stuck at the will call booth for like an hour, but we managed to see Styles Of Beyond which put on a sick show. It was hot as fuck and muggy that day, and all the bands were talking about the heat. It was also really muddy and dirty too, since it was in the middle of a huge field. Very hick. We didn't watch The Bled or Saosin, since we saw them prior at Mansfield and Hartford, and we just walked around and chilled. I got sick during Mindless Self Indulgence's set unfortunately so I was stuck in the bathroom, which sucked because they put on a kick ass show, from what I heard, but they always do.

After the Revolution Stage came a huge problem. Since Syracuse was so fucked up with everything, they made it so that everyone who didn't have pit tickets stay up in the seats for the whole main stage. I don't mean seats like in every amphitheater, I mean seats like at a horse track. Keep in mind that this was in the middle of the NY state fair, so having seats pretty much would have sucked because it was incredibly far away from the stage. Luckily, we had pit tickets. My friend watched Julien-K, Placebo and HIM in the pit, and I stayed off to the sides and sat down and watched them, because I was still sick. Around the time that Taking Back Sunday came on, I felt better, and I watched their entire show, as well as the first couple of songs from My Chemical Romance. People started lining up for the Meet & Greet at the side of the stage, which was different, but we headed to the line. Gerard Way even pointed it out, he said something like ''What the fuck is this line for? Oh, meeting Linkin Park.'' It was a really weird choice to have the Meet & Greet line. Once we got in, I did the usual, talked to the band, shook their hands, etc. My Grandmother got a great pic of me and Chester shaking hands, it was awesome. After the Meet & Greet, we headed back to the pit for Linkin Park. My Chemical Romance's set was over once we got back from the Meet & Greet. We waited and waited and finally, the lights went out and Wake started the set. Then was Given Up and No More Sorrow and so on and so forth. They didn't play Don't Stay at this show for an unknown reason. They put on a great show, though, it wasn't bad. At the ending of Numb, Chester mentioned the shark tank and stuff since we were in the field of the New York State Fair, that was pretty funny, because it was literally in the middle of this huge open field with mud and dirt everywhere. Before The Little Things Give You Away started, Chester mentioned how we weren't the biggest crowd, but we were definitely a passionate crowd. They rocked Faint and Bleed It Out, even though they skipped the drum solo at this show too, which sucked.

After Linkin Park ended the set, we tried to find the way to get out of the venue, it was really confusing and a long ass walk. We finally got to the parking lot, met up with my Grandma, and left the ''venue'''. I remember we stopped at some 24/7 grocery store and got some food, since we couldn't find any restaurants in the area, even remotely. After that, we went back to the hotel and crashed. The next day we drove home, and I was sad that the tour was over for me, but it was a tour I will NEVER forget.

Edited by Geki

Great review. I think that since the show was at the New York State Fair, like things worked a little bit differently.Obviously LP headlines and gets the main time slot, but they probably got a few minutes shorter than they usually get and had to cut a song. As we saw with Chorzow, Poland 2007, they are not afraid to cut Don't Stay, so I assume that's what the deal was.

Or possibly they just have a strict curfew at that amphitheatre and it has nothing to do with the State Fair being there. As we saw with Mansfield this year, some venues operate under a REALLY tight curfew and impose big fines if bands go over. That's why LP cut What I've Done in Mansfield, so I guess they had to cut Don't Stay because of time.

Great review. I think that since the show was at the New York State Fair, like things worked a little bit differently.Obviously LP headlines and gets the main time slot, but they probably got a few minutes shorter than they usually get and had to cut a song. As we saw with Chorzow, Poland 2007, they are not afraid to cut Don't Stay, so I assume that's what the deal was.

Or possibly they just have a strict curfew at that amphitheatre and it has nothing to do with the State Fair being there. As we saw with Mansfield this year, some venues operate under a REALLY tight curfew and impose big fines if bands go over. That's why LP cut What I've Done in Mansfield, so I guess they had to cut Don't Stay because of time.

I bet that was why. I was at the show in Mansfield this year too. I guess they just like to cut songs at my shows? :P