Linkin Park and Music In General

charv3z

Hey guys,

i was just thinking about all the bulls*** that is on the radio nowadays e.g Ke$ha, Pitbull, Lil Wayne etc, and i realised that every song that is on the radio these days is just about alcohol,sex and women. this makes me think people who can actually sing and make music (Linkin Park) will actually still be around radio wise and in general. music from 2008+ has just mostly been trash due to Justin Bieber etc in my opinion.

i would love your thoughts on this, i would love to see what kind of music will be played in 10 years and if Linkin Park will still be around still being awesome.

thanks! :D

1 of the major reasons I don't listen to the radio anymore is because of the above reason, they play mostly auto tuned, sexualized, non-sensical stuff. Though some songs do have some awesome beats,which is the only thing I really like off of them half of the time -_-. You should know that sex sells, It's been like that since the turn of the century..

Edited by ---Woco21---

it all depends there are different radio stations, where i live i listen to like 9 radio stations. 1 that plays hip-hop/rap, one that plays rock and alternative (they play LP), one that plays hardcore/metal/alternative, one that plays a lil bit of everything, rock, pop, hip-hop, alternative, and some other stuff (they play LP), one that plays hip-hop/rock/pop, one that plas a mix of stuff but plas more rock and alternative in m opinion also plays some pop and some other stuff (They Play LP), and one plays softer stuff, one plays old rock. it all depends on what kinda of station you have where you live.

Right...

<rant>

The music industry has become inundated with crap, that much is clear. No-one requires talent to be successful, you just need to look good in a music video and do everything the corporate hacks at record companies tell you. The major reason I got into the metal scene is because of all the auto-tuned crap that's spewing into the charts these days. Fortunately, we still have honest, talented rock bands like Linkin Park to keep good music afloat.

The problem is that nowadays no-one actually cares about music, but about being fashionable and liking what everyone else does. I really don't understand it when someone describes a song as being "old"- even when it's been out a month! Music doesn't get old, GOOD music becomes classic. That's another thing- what's the betting that in 10 years no-one will have any idea who Bruno Mars or Tinie Tempah are? Everything is so flavour of the month these days, and all this crap is preventing talented artists from being successful. Something needs to change or the music industry will be screwed forever.

</rant>

Agreed. But the issue isn't just pop radio in general. It's all radio stations as well. Take for instance DC101. A rock station in Washington DC who's slogan is "We Rock The Nation", yet their playlist is filled with a heavy rotation of such groups as Mumford & Sons, Phoenix, and MGMT. Seriously, since when has MGMT ever romately been considered a rock band??? It's very irriating how much airplay these groups get over the occasional playing of Three Days Grace, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, The Offspring, Avenged Sevenfold, Godsmack, etc. You know, bands that acually "ROCK THE NATION".

Agreed. But the issue isn't just pop radio in general. It's all radio stations as well. Take for instance DC101. A rock station in Washington DC who's slogan is "We Rock The Nation", yet their playlist is filled with a heavy rotation of such groups as Mumford & Sons, Phoenix, and MGMT. Seriously, since when has MGMT ever romately been considered a rock band??? It's very irriating how much airplay these groups get over the occasional playing of Three Days Grace, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, The Offspring, Avenged Sevenfold, Godsmack, etc. You know, bands that acually "ROCK THE NATION".

Of all the bands you mentioned, Sevenfold are the only one I like :lol:

But yeah, you're pretty much right. The masses of power pop clones all trying to be Fall Out Boy or Paramore are also really annoying, as they take airtime away from bands with even an ounce of originality.

That's another thing- what's the betting that in 10 years no-one will have any idea who Bruno Mars or Tinie Tempah are? </rant>

ill remember Tinie Tempah in 10 yeard

Here is what i have to say: MGMT is progressive rock, look it up. Phoenix is alternative rock. And Mumford and Sons is folk rock. All three bands you just complained about are rock, and every single one of thoose three bands is played on every station i know of that plays rock. Also i personally love all three of thoose bands. I like all the bands you listed except avenged sevenfold