Remember The Name used in UFC 129: St-Pierre vs. Shields trailer

FORTsunrise

Not to be rude, man... but I think that this isn't news. What IS news is that this is the first sporting event that you've been to / heard of / seen / etc / since 2005. Remember the Name has appeared in every single sporting event since. I'm sorry, dude. But you've been living in a rock if you think that Remember the Name showing up in a commercial for a sport (albeit a fake and staged one) is a new thing.

Not to be rude, man... but I think that this isn't news. What IS news is that this is the first sporting event that you've been to / heard of / seen / etc / since 2005. Remember the Name has appeared in every single sporting event since. I'm sorry, dude. But you've been living in a rock if you think that Remember the Name showing up in a commercial for a sport (albeit a fake and staged one) is a new thing.

1. I've been living in the real world.

2. I've been to / heard of / seen / MMA since 2004/2005.

3. This isn't something new, yes. I just think a six year old song being used to promote a headlining fight at the biggest MMA sporting event ever in April still makes it relevant.

4. MMA fights are not staged. They are very real.

If you have to prefix it with "not to be rude" you probably shouldn't post it.

The OP didn't say it was new, he was just bringing it to the attention of the members here.

The fact that you think MMA is a fake and staged show as opposed to a sporting event tells me all I need to know about your intelligence. But I don't mean to be rude.

If MMA tells you about my intelligence, then I guess it's safe to say that you don't know the exact price of bananas in Timbuktu (you know, with the exchange rates of to USD to whatever currency they use in Timbuktu), and that tells me a lot about your intelligence. Or I could say that if you don't know desublimination from sub-dialectic appropriation, or aren't familiar with the subtle difference between objectivism and absolutism when speaking in an epistemological sense, that you're not an intelligent person at all.

I'm not unintelligent if I don't know about something I don't care about. Sorry if that disappoints you. But in the future, don't make the mistake of insulting someone's intelligence because they don't have the same interests as you. Mmmkay?

Edited by Reflectionist

If MMA tells you about my intelligence, then I guess it's safe to say that you don't know the exact price of bananas in Timbuktu (you know, with the exchange rates of to USD to whatever currency they use in Timbuktu), and that tells me a lot about your intelligence.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's not here telling us the incorrect prices of them. You're here telling us something you believe is factual, but it turns out you're wrong - that does affect the first impression of your intelligence.

Or I could say that if you don't know desublimination from sub-dialectic appropriation, or aren't familiar with the subtle difference between objectivism and absolutism when speaking in an epistemological sense, that you're not an intelligent person at all.

Again, as above. Plus, long words justify nothing.

I'm not unintelligent if I don't know about something I don't care about. Sorry if that disappoints you. But in the future, don't make the mistake of insulting someone's intelligence because they don't have the same interests as you. Mmmkay?

So you're telling them not to judge? Like you judge MMA as being fake? So isn't this kinda hypocrisy?

So isn't this kinda hypocrisy?

Yes. That's the entire point. Congratulations. Now continue being pompous while you've cleverly stumbled upon my irreverent self-loathing.

EDIT -- Oh, wait. No, that wasn't the point. I was yanking your chain. The point is that people shouldn't try to make something what it isn't. I didn't say "don't judge," I said, "Don't mistake a lack of knowledge for stupidity."

As for your rationalization that "long words justify nothing," of course you're right, assuming that those "long words" meant nothing. We don't just assign random terminology willy-nilly for no reason at all. They exist for a purpose. They mean something, transcendentally or not.

Edited by Reflectionist

• 3 weeks later...