What is Brad actually playing on the piano on WFTE?

feelthless

There are plenty of other videos where you can see him playing that "one note" part (it's actually 2 notes - an octave interval on E), so my only guess is that the part where the drums drop out is sampled. Brad's the only guy in the band who doesn't wear in-ear monitors, so he can't hear the click track - he relies totally on Rob and wedge monitors on the side of the stage to keep in time. I forget what show it was, but there was one occasion where Rob played a prank on Brad by getting up from his drums and walking away during Bleed it Out, and Brad totally lost track of the tempo. I think he did play the piano throughout that section during some earlier performances, because I know I've heard him get off track there before, so they probably made a change at some point.

Also, yay for more "ZOMG THEY AREN'T ACTUALLY PLAYING THEIR INSTRUMENTS" crap.

There are plenty of other videos where you can see him playing that "one note" part (it's actually 2 notes - an octave interval on E), so my only guess is that the part where the drums drop out is sampled. Brad's the only guy in the band who doesn't wear in-ear monitors, so he can't hear the click track - he relies totally on Rob and wedge monitors on the side of the stage to keep in time. I forget what show it was, but there was one occasion where Rob played a prank on Brad by getting up from his drums and walking away during Bleed it Out, and Brad totally lost track of the tempo. I think he did play the piano throughout that section during some earlier performances, because I know I've heard him get off track there before, so they probably made a change at some point.

Yes A few aussie shows You can hear him go out of time in a few of the DSPs, Either Newcastle or Sydney night 1.

Dosn't he have a click track and monitor in his headphones? Or are they not electrical and only for noise-reduction?