Special Burning in the Skies Day on March 21

adiek84

I was thinking that it would be cool to make a special "Burning in the Skies Day" when the single is released on March 21, to promote BITS online as much as we can, e.g. by getting it to trend on Twitter, etc. I've listed some of my ideas HERE.

Do you have more ideas?

Also it would be really cool if the major LP sites (like LPLive XD) would help, too! Fans from other artists do things like that all the time and I bet it would really help to promote the single.

Cange #LPBurningInTheSkies to #BurningInTheSkiesDay. I think it would be better, what does anyone else think?

And example of what I was thinking is:

#LinkinPark #BurningInTheSkiesDay- [insert song comment here or something]

You don't have to force anyone, well, of course, that could work as well.... ;) This is just about promotion, tweet about it, post on Facebook, request the song at your radio station. Stuff like that. Fans of other artists are doing that all the time (e.g. next week for Rihannas new single). The aim is first, to let people, that like Linkin Park (not necessarily hardcore fans), know that BITS is released that day, and second, to get a higher chart position by making people buy the single during the same week. Do you know what I mean?

I'm working on that. As of now I have the blog post of course, people on Twitter know about it, I've created a Facebook event (liked by Pooch! XD). I guess in the end, it all depends on if the major LP fansites (LPL, LPT, LPA, MSC etc.) support it and post it on their sites.

Not that I think that LP ever have problems with this, but actually a bands chart performance influence for example how many shows an artist can play, so that shouldn't be underrated. I just wanna support LP, a good chart performance is just a good side effect. :D

Am I the only one on here who doesn't give a a shit about the singles's chart performances?

Are you one of the "I try to seem like I don't care about chart performance so I can seem like I don't care about the popularity of a band" people?

Because, yeah I'd support LP through anything, but it's important to the band that they do well (we all know that, whether people want to admit it or not). And whether or not they DO do well, it's important for fans to help in anyway they can.

Am I the only one on here who doesn't give a a shit about the singles's chart performances?

No. As long as I like the song that all that really matters to me.

If it is successful though, it increases the band's popularity which in turn increases the band's longevity.

• 1 month later...

I've signed up! :lol:

And for people questioning the point of this, really singles have never been more important to artists- people just don't buy albums any more, so they need singles to be promoted as much as possible to boost sales.

Plus, as leftshoe said, if it is successful, it increases the band's popularity which in turn increases the band's longevity.