MTV Video Music Awards (2002)

Sucre06

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally, I found this video.

I remember seeing that year's VMA's live at a friend's house. Sick nominations too. This was back when MTV cared about rock music and this award actually meant something. Nowadays, you'd get nominations like MGMT, Mumford & Sons, Foster the People, and Goyte.

I can't believe that shitty video won an award. Not their best video by a long shot from the Hybrid Theory era. Then again, its an MTV award which is shit to begin with. And it was probably more about the "most popular song voted by the most rabid fanbase" than the actual video content anyways. And LP looking like a ragtag band of misfits that i would be scared to approach in person today. It's ridiculous how much they've grown and changed. :lol:

I can't believe that shitty video won an award. Not their best video by a long shot from the Hybrid Theory era. Then again, its an MTV award which is shit to begin with. And it was probably more about the "most popular song voted by the most rabid fanbase" than the actual video content anyways. And LP looking like a ragtag band of misfits that i would be scared to approach in person today. It's ridiculous how much they've grown and changed. :lol:

An MTV music award had credibility back in the day. For instance, that same year (2002 VMA's), P.O.D. was nominated for Video of the Year, and the year before that, Mudvayne won the MTV2 Award. The network respected all forms of music and focused on the creativity of music videos, and not just giving an award to a popular artist for the sake of ratings like they do nowadays.

I remember seeing that year's VMA's live at a friend's house. Sick nominations too. This was back when MTV cared about rock music and this award actually meant something. Nowadays, you'd get nominations like MGMT, Mumford & Sons, Foster the People, and Goyte.

MGMT is amazing. Mumford and Sons has great songs. and Somebody That I Used to Know if classic. So don't be hating!

But hate on FTP whenever, they do suck

Edit: and I still think In the End is the best if not one of the best LP videos ever

Edited by Bliss