Mansfield, MA 8-24-07

Geki

This was a really special show for me. The time had finally come, I was so fucking excited. Me and my best friend went to this show together, once again. My Grandma drove us down to meet my older cousin Salem, MA. We were staying at her house the night before and she was driving us to the show the next day. We had fun the night before. Can't remember what we got for dinner, but we just hung out and played some LP and goofed around. Explored Salem a little bit, too. The next morning, I remember waking up and thinking it was hot as FUCK. It was extremely hot, it was like 98 degrees and sunny as hell. Being from MA, we get hot days in the summer, but usually not that hot. We showered, which was almost futile since I was drenched in sweat immediately after getting out of the shower, and headed out to the show. We got there early and got let in no problem. My cousin just dropped us off and was going to come back for the Main Stage.

We rushed over to the Revolution Stage to catch Madina Lake and they were really, really good, they rocked it. Great band. Styles Of Beyond was absent from the show, which I later discovered why, but I'll write about that later in the review. Next up was The Bled, who I didn't really know much about at the time, but they were a little too heavy for me at that point in time, because I didn't really like heavy music like that during that point of my life. But they were still cool to see, nonetheless. Next up was Saosin, who I really enjoyed. I don't think my friend liked them at all, though, but I thought they put on a good show and I really liked their album a lot. I remember a lot of crowd surfing going on during their set. Finally came Mindless Self Indulgence, the headliners of the Revolution Stage, and me and my friend were both really excited to see them. They put on an awesome show. I remember during one point, my friend actually fell down in the middle of one of their songs and I quickly picked him back up, saving him from getting trampled. We used to joke about it for a while after the show that I saved his life. Haha. Jimmy was crazy funny at this show too, I can't remember all his stage antics, but they were awesome. Really cool band and we were happy we got to see them play live. After the Revolution Stage, we headed to get some drinks, and I happened to see Steve, Righ? from Mindless Self Indulgence walking around. I talked to him and he signed my ticket. I then went and bought some merch. I got two shirts, the one with the wheel logo on the front and tour dates and bands on the back, and the one with the MTM photoshoot on the front and tour dates and bands on the back.

We then headed to the Main Stage. We had seats at this show, which sucked, but oh well. My cousin had arrived and she went to the seats we had. We watched Julien-K and I remember my friend was really into them, he liked them a lot. I was into them as well, just not nearly as much as my friend, I was more into Styles Of Beyond at the time, while he wasn't, etc. It's funny because I now love Julien-K and their album. Anyways, we watched their set and it was good. Chester never came out for Technical Difficulties. Then came Placebo, who we both didn't really care for at the time, even though I love them now. I think we watched a few songs and then we left and got some food and hung around the venue a little bit. I'm not sure if we even watched HIM at this show. I loved HIM but my friend didn't really like them. I think we may have skipped their set, honestly. We were having fun hanging around the venue and talking with people, etc. Next up was Taking Back Sunday. I actually had a Meet & Greet at this show, so I didn't watch them, not sure if my friend did, I think he did. The Meet & Greet was awesome and it took up a lot of time waiting and getting in, etc. For some reason, I remember Chester being in a pretty bad mood during the Meet & Greet, he seemed really annoyed, and he snapped on one of the other people in line about something. Anyways, it was really cool meeting the band and I was more hyped than ever at that point. I got my MTM deluxe edition signed. Once it was over, My Chemical Romance was halfway through their set, which kind of sucked because I was a big fan of them. Me and my friend met back up and got ready for motherfucking Linkin Park. He was with my cousin in the seats, still. They opened with Wake and tore through Given Up. Chester came running out like a madman after the kabouki dropped, he seemed really pissed off, like he was at the Meet & Greet. Made for some good energy. Haha. The band really had a ton of energy at this show. During the beginning of No More Sorrow, Mike said ''This is gonna be a good one, I can tell''. The crowd was nuts at this show. Very loud and wild. Mike doing Nobody's Listening over Points was epic, even though he messed up the intro, it was still amazing. In Pieces was really cool to hear live, I loved it. Chester also messed up the lyrics a bit but it didn't matter to me. Shadow Of The Day at this show, the only time ever, had a different guitar solo. Really fucking cool. I love listening to the DSP recording of it. Once the main set was done, the encore was CRAZY. They opened it up with One Step Closer and the crowd went pure ape shit. Mike was loving it. During In The End, the crowd sang the bridge and at the end of the song, Chester said it was the loudest he has ever heard a crowd sing the part before. The crowd really was nuts at this show, I'm not just saying that. They closed with Bleed It Out and Mike dedicated the song to Boston and Brad's hair. Haha. So funny. Really was an epic show and an experience that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

After the show, we headed to the parking lot to leave. We still were bouncing off the walls with energy because of how epic it was. I remember we had to wait a REALLY long time getting out of the parking lot because of all the traffic. I remember my friend spraying suntan lotion out the window at people and people getting pissed off, so funny. Not sure why, but we were just dumb punk kids back then. Once we finally got out, we wanted to get some after show grub, so we decided that we would go to IHOP. On the way there, I got a call from S.O.B. via the app thing at the time that you could leave messages and have the band leave you a message back. I had asked earlier in the day why they weren't at the Mansfield show and they said that Tak had a really high fever so they couldn't perform, and sorry that I missed them on the tour. I didn't care because I would be seeing them in Hartford and Syracuse, anyways. Once we got to IHOP, we had a huge meal, so good. After that we went back to my cousin's house and crashed. Was an epic day and night, something I'll never forget.

Edited by Geki

you got a cover of rheanna - umbrella? i have to say i lost respect for the band after that

LOL they played that Umbrella cover in London and Manchester, NH in 2008. This is a review for Mansfield 2007. Totally different state, venue, and year.

Edited by Geki