New Message From Mike (US TOUR MENTIONED!!)

Hi,

I have some very exciting news for you. Today, you can finally pre-order for our album, A Thousand Suns, on linkinpark.com.

The album comes in two forms: a CD/DVD package, or super-mega-amazing box set (which contains a CD, DVD, vinyl, a book, and other magical stuff).

There is also a limited-edition, custom skate deck autographed by the band, and a brand new album art t-shirt. The digital version of the album is included FREE with all purchases. We'll email you the album first, before anyone else. And if you decide to buy all of the stuff I've just mentioned, you'll even get a discount.

One other major perk of buying from linkinpark.com: you also get early access to purchase tickets for our US tour (which is coming soon).

I can't wait for you guys to hear this album. We've put all our energy into it, taken risks, and crafted something we believe is truly special.

Click here to pre-order A Thousand Suns.

-Mike

SO EXCITED FOR THE US TOUR!!!!! However not so happy about LP doing the presale tickets like this. LPU is losing more and more.

Source: http://www.linkinpark.com/profiles/blogs/message-from-mike

[url="http://www.linkinpark.com/profiles/blogs/message-from-mike"]SO EXCITED FOR THE US TOUR!!!!! However not so happy about LP doing the presale tickets like this. LPU is losing more and more.

You realize that the majority of presale tickets end up in the possession of scalpers, regardless of whether or not the presale is LPU-exclusive, right?

I honestly believe that the concert industry should do away with presales of any kind, it only makes it more difficult for the average concert-goer to get their hands on the tickets they want.

You realize that the majority of presale tickets end up in the possession of scalpers, regardless of whether or not the presale is LPU-exclusive, right?

I honestly believe that the concert industry should do away with presales of any kind, it only makes it more difficult for the average concert-goer to get their hands on the tickets they want.

This. I also hate how they announce tour dates and then tickets go on sale the next day. Some of us don't have money just sitting and waiting to buy concert tickets. Thankfully, with this little notice by Mike, I know they will be announced soon and I can put back some money to get pit!!!

This. I also hate how they announce tour dates and then tickets go on sale the next day. Some of us don't have money just sitting and waiting to buy concert tickets. Thankfully, with this little notice by Mike, I know they will be announced soon and I can put back some money to get pit!!!

I know this feeling. Coheed & Cambria announced their album presale one week, then the next tour dates. Probably took about 100$ from me those two weeks. Totally worth it down the road. I wonder what kind of venues LP will hit this time around..? Will they hit the secondary markets like they did with the MTM winter tour or a full blown scale tour..? I want them to be in top form at Projekt Rev. I just think their 2008 PR performances were lackluster from start-finish unfortunately

I know this feeling. Coheed & Cambria announced their album presale one week, then the next tour dates. Probably took about 100$ from me those two weeks. Totally worth it down the road. I wonder what kind of venues LP will hit this time around..? Will they hit the secondary markets like they did with the MTM winter tour or a full blown scale tour..? I want them to be in top form at Projekt Rev. I just think their 2008 PR performances were lackluster from start-finish unfortunately

I'm thinking a full blown 2010 Winter Tour (Dec - Feb) or (Late Jan - Early March). They will probably hit all primary markets and hit a few secondary markets here and there. Maybe an Asia tour during the Spring and then Projekt Rev. 2011 during the Summer. They will have about 1 - 2 month break in between each tour. Hopefully they won't burn as quickly and put on a great festival. 2008 was terrible when compared to 2007. 2007 had great bands, great vibe, and amazing energy. They killed it then, and hopefully they will bring that same energy this Winter.