Site Links page

Do we need page with links?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need page with links?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who knows?

I talked to Mark just now, and he is OK with this idea.

But I wanna know opinion of others on this.

I thought of creating a page with links to other fansites, official sites, and trading sites (like we have in forums now).

So that it would be on the site itself, and not only on the forums.

For example:

Official sites:

Official Linkin Park website

Official fan club

The official Linkin Park YouTube channel

Official Mike Shinoda's Blog

Official Linkin Park Store

Official Linkin Park charity organization's website

Twitter links

Fan sites:

Linkin Park Association

Linkin Park Times

LP Crimea

bazinga! (joking, rofl)

etc.

Trading sites:

[AndOne] (Germany)

BlackChester (Germany)

ChesterChaz (Germany)

Dedicated (Australia)

DNS (Hungary)

Doorstop57 (USA)

Fyzer (Brazil)

Ghost812 (USA)

Hahninator (USA) (no list currently)

InTheEnd (Brazil) - LPRT Team

Joe_Lp (Colombia) (Break from trading)

Kay (Spain)

LP_Bartek (Poland/UK) - LPRT Team

LPMaskmancick a.k.a. lpmaskman (Hungary)

LPPanther (USA)

LPUtkan (Turkey)

Luki9875 (Ireland)

Maxthunderer (Ukraine)

Nkramar (USA)

Numb and The_Glue (Germany)

sckofelng (Germany)

SergSlim (Ukraine)

Victor (Spain)

Wesley.09 (Brazil)

wiiesel (Germany)

I think a page with links would be a great idea, however, there are a few things that can be done differently.

Official links are a definite.

Fan Sites are alright too, however, it seems only fair that if LPL linked to them, they linked back. Also, I don't think it would be a good idea to place fansite links on the forums aswell as the site. That would be giving them too much publicity. But, fair trade sounds good (if they get placed on a main page, LPL should get the same treatment).

Most other fan sites have forums. I don't think it would be a good idea to link to fan sites from our forums as we would be pretty much advertising another community, unless it would be a sub-link in the top navigation bar.

LPL needs to advertise their own official pages more. Twitter, facebook, YouTube... there should be buttons on the forum, preferably up in the banner area. They need more attention.

Trading sites is a good idea. Ever thought of a network bar? Get a whole bunch of LPL fansites from around the world... make a network bar, place it on top of the lpl page (and the fansites will do the same on their sites), and boom, automatically link to all fansites on every page, and its the same treatment on every site in the network. Some of those bars look pretty nice too.

Lastly... If LP Russia isn't going to be an affiliate, this idea will die. The LP community needs LP Russia to survive.

Trading sites is a good idea. Ever thought of a network bar? Get a whole bunch of LPL fansites from around the world... make a network bar, place it on top of the lpl page (and the fansites will do the same on their sites), and boom, automatically link to all fansites on every page, and its the same treatment on every site in the network. Some of those bars look pretty nice too.

I like that idea!

A list of trading affiliates is a great idea, maybe only for forum members here.

If we were to link to other fansites there would have to be reciprocity, a reason for us to do so.

LPL needs to advertise their own official pages more. Twitter, facebook, YouTube... there should be buttons on the forum, preferably up in the banner area. They need more attention.

Trading is dead for the most part and has been for some time now. No need to link to trading sites for several reasons other than that.

I'm fine with my page being linked to on the forums where the link is somewhat protected but I'd rather not have it on a separate page on the site. Just a personal preference, given the fact that there's no single answer to the legality of the trading of unauthorized recordings.

As for links to official sites and other fansites, I'm all for it. Especially bazinga!. Sweet, wet kisses to them from me. :lol: