My most laborious Linkin Park labor of love yet

OKCrew

I decided to make a 10-piece setlist for my dream concert (because more than 10 would be too much work). I scoured the internet and my physical catalogue to find the best (my opinion) renditions of those performances. Once i found the highest possible quality versions of those renditions that exist at this point, i put them all on one continuous track to help with the mixing/fading. The result is a 48-minute masterpiece. I may go back, make a few mixing tweaks, and cut it back up into 10 separate tracks for convenience, but this is the raw result. Have a Nu Metal Nu Year!

1. New Divide (Moscow Intro, 2011)
  2. Guilty All The Same (The Wiltern, L.A., 2014)
  3. Step Up/Nobody's Listening/It's Goin' Down (The Roxy, WeHo, 2004)
  4. Numb (The Wiltern, L.A., 2014)
  5. Waiting for the End (Remember the Name Intro, Belgium, 2017)
  6. Castle of Glass (Experience Version, Belgium, 2017)
  7. Sharp Edges (Berlin, 2017)
  8. My December (San Diego, 2002)
  9. Crawling (KRWlNG/Hands Held High Intro, Greece, 2009)
  10. Bleed It Out (Sabotage Bridge, Monterrey, Mexico, 2012)

FIRST EDIT: In the original file i posted, I had unnecessarily amplified the whole thing, and upon listening back a few times, the way parts of Sharp Edges and Crawling sounded bothered me. So I deleted that version, and just uploaded in the un-amplified version, which sounds much better to me. I also added an image to the MP3 that includes the track list.

FINAL EDIT: I perfected the song order just by switching Numb and WFTE. I also vastly improved the mixing. The only way it gets better is if someone gets SBDs for the Belgium show.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wpG1QdhsCOCbn3oAByZVoO46c_HtrfpO/view?usp=drive_web

Stream: https://soundcloud.com/architekz/dj-la-phils-dream-linkin-park-set

Edited by OKCrew
Updated file

16 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

10 points for choosing a track from my very first show 🎇🎇🎇

Oh what! Which was your first show?? San Diego?

Wow that’s an epic first show! I remember when i first watched it on the Australian THP DVD. That was the first time i ever saw a live version of Lost in the Echo and it blew me away. And obviously I  would have lost my mind at that Sabotage bridge of Bleed It Out. One of of my favorite performances of all time. That’s so awesome you were there!

17 hours ago, ShadowSora said:

My ten piece set dream concert would be so different! Nice little set though. Good quality recordings.

Thank you! Would love to hear what yours and others’ would be too! So many renditions to choose from

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with New Divide, GATS and all the Monterrey tracks, but I feel like there are many more recordings of WFTE that are better, although idk if they wouldn't have the intros/outros 

Can't wait for THP 20th so we can get a few live recordings of those songs on streaming, especially GATS and Wastelands 

1 hour ago, YRQRM0 said:

I totally agree with New Divide, GATS and all the Monterrey tracks, but I feel like there are many more recordings of WFTE that are better, although idk if they wouldn't have the intros/outros 

Can't wait for THP 20th so we can get a few live recordings of those songs on streaming, especially GATS and Wastelands 

Thank you! And yeah you’re absolutely right about there being better WFTE performances out there, but they only started doing the RTN intro in the last leg of the 2017 tour. I love the way they actually mash-up the instrumental elements of both songs, so that’s what makes it top 10 to me. We don’t have any SBD or official audio of WFTE from any of those shows, and there are only 3 Pro-Shot renditions in existence. Of those 3 I think Southside/Milan has slightly better audio quality, but my opinion is that not only is Chester’s vocal performance the best in Belgium out of the 3, the crowd’s massive participation makes it even more epic to me, so that’s why i ended up choosing that and COG from that show. If we ever get higher quality versions of either of those versions of those songs ima def switch them out.

Also totally agree about THP! I can’t believe it’s about to be 10 years