First Linkin Park "Lost" Interview: Mike Shinoda with Nicole Alvarez

LPLStaff

Great news!
With the COVID pandemic past us, Linkin Park is now able to do in-person press and this is the first in-person Linkin Park-related interview in years.

Mike visited Nicole Alvarez and sat down to discuss the new song "Lost" and the 20th Anniversary box set, the writing process of Meteora, the evolution of the band, "Fighting Myself", new music for Scream VI, and more!

When asked about the expectations from the fans about the band, he said:
"I'll say this way. Normally, I'm really trying to just manage expectations a little bit, especially lately in the last few years. It's like, there are certain things that are going to be on the table, certain things that are off the table. With this release, shockingly, I was like, 'I don't think there's very much to say it's off the table. Touring is the only thing, we're not touring right now. But the rest of their immagination, where I know their heads are gonna go, it's like, 'Oh, is there this? Is there that? Can we do this? Can we do that?'... I think to a lot of that it's a yes."

He concluded saying:
"There's just more music. So, I've got stuff I've produced that are other people's songs, got my own song, and we got the Linkin Park stuff. And that's not even everything that we're gonna be doing around this for Linkin Park fans. So, this is a great time to be a Linkin Park fan."

"Mike Shinoda stopped by the KROQ studios for a conversation with host Nicole Alvarez about Linkin Park's brand new song "Lost," the band's forthcoming #Meteora 20th anniversary box set, and reveals he has a solo track in the latest 'Scream' movie."

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/10/arts/music/linkin-park-meteora-chester-bennington.html

So, we know Lost is finalized full completed song. But here's an interesting part:

Fighting Myself, and More The Victim are the only two tracks that are nearly completed. So that means they're not really a demos (but let's just wait, see, and hear it once its available and analyze the sound quality).

Note: in case if you can't read the article due to the "sign in or sign up" crap, just save it as a pdf via whatever browser you're using.

Edited by AJ93

It's like, they are just one half step below "fully completed, finished song" like Lost, No Roads Left, Across the Line, etc. Fighting Myself is only "90% done" according to Mike. Sounds like he touched up the mixes on those too to make them sound good (don't blame him). We'll see how they are.

51 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

It's like, they are just one half step below "fully completed, finished song" like Lost, No Roads Left, Across the Line, etc. Fighting Myself is only "90% done" according to Mike. Sounds like he touched up the mixes on those too to make them sound good (don't blame him). We'll see how they are.

Probably similar case to Pretend To Be.

• 2 weeks later...