2018.11.02 - Los Angeles, California

RogueSoul

It's time for one of the biggest stops on the tour, team. Mike Shinoda is back in his hometown, and he's ready to deliver an awesome show tonight at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles, California.

The last few nights for Mike have been pretty awesome. Just yesterday Mike and K.Flay hit CBS Studios to perform 'Make It Up As I Go' on The Late Late Show With James Corden. A few nights before that, Mike hit the stage in Las Vegas, Nevada for a very special show. Because there was no concert on Halloween, Mike, Matt, and Dan got in costume as Run-DMC and started the show off with a special rendition of Run-DMC's 'It's Tricky.' After the fun start, the band got right back into the mood to kick things off with an onslaught of 'When They Come For Me,' 'I.O.U.,' 'Until It Breaks,' and 'In Stereo.' Much of the rest of the main set went as planned, but the show certainly didn't end like you'd expect it to. Our beloved Phoenix came onstage to perform the entire last part of the show with Mike, performing 'Papercut,' 'Iridescent,' 'Make It Up As I Go,' 'Castle Of Glass,' 'Remember The Name,' 'Good Goodbye/Bleed It Out,' and 'Running From My Shadow.' It was the first time since LoveLoud in July that Mike has played with Phoenix (when they performed 'Running From My Shadow'), and the first time since the Hollywood Bowl that they performed so many songs together! We'd absolutely love to see more of this before the Post Traumatic Tour wraps up!

Watch Mike open the show in Las Vegas, Nevada with a cover of 'It's Tricky' by Run-DMC. Even Phoenix got in on the joke when he came out, dressing as an "overzealous" Run-DMC fan.

Los Angeles is more or less Linkin Park's home turf, so going over their entire history there would take forever. However, we can talk about the shows Mike played there already! Flash back to only 5 months ago, when Mike performed his very first full setlist as a solo artist at Identity LA. Mike was still performing all by himself at the time, and the setlist has certainly come a long way. The 16-song set featured a lot of moments that aren't very common nowadays: 'Welcome' was still the only opening song at the time, and 'Remember The Name' was still the set closer ('Running From My Shadow' hadn't been released yet). 'Kenji' finally got its full live debut (having been mashed up with 'Castle Of Glass' in 2015 during Mike's Fort Minor sets), and so did 'Sorry For Now,' 'Place To Start' and 'Watching As I Fall,' the latter of which are now rarities in the set. Mr. Hahn joined Mike for 'Castle Of Glass,' being his first guest onstage, and Taka from ONE OK ROCK also came out for 'Waiting For The End/Where'd You Go.' That show really showed that Mike had what it takes to make this all work out, and he's only continued to prove that. Mike debuted even more songs a month later at a Post Traumatic Release Show at Amoeba Records, performing 'Ghosts,' 'Make It Up As I Go' (with K.Flay!), and 'Running From My Shadow' for the first time. Mike also performed a special KROQ HD Radio Sound Space show the next day, doing a Q&A with Stryker during the show. Los Angeles has always treated Mike to a great show since the beginning of the band, and this should be no different.

Tonight definitely has the potential to be full of surprises. While it seems that K.Flay is sick and unfortunately won't be at the show, grandson is opening for Mike at this show before Don Broco, so we can definitely expect him to come out during 'Running From My Shadow!' Mike's been holding onto some soundcheck songs for a while: 'Invisible' was played during the Dallas, Texas soundcheck, while 'Lift Off' was apparently soundchecked in Vegas. Plus, Mike said he wants to play 'Waiting For Tomorrow' at some point; what better place to try it out for the first time than to the home crowd? 'Lift Off' could see a test run, since it's likely being prepared for the Dia De Los Deftones festival tomorrow, where he could perform the song with Chino Moreno. Other than that, everything else is on the table. We could see other guests come out, or maybe even some different songs in the set. Time will tell!

Watch Mike perform 'Place To Start' and 'Watching As I Fall' live for the very first time at Identity LA earlier this year. We haven't seen 'Place To Start' since China back in July, and 'Watching As I Fall' has only been performed once on the tour: in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Is anyone going to the show? Mike continues through California with shows in San Diego (Dia De Los Deftones), Anaheim, and San Francisco before heading back east with shows in Utah and Colorado. The Outbreak Tour is finally hitting that final stretch - perhaps things will really start getting fun from here on! Mike also has a special request for people going to this show: it seems they're shooting a fan-footage live video of 'Make It Up As I Go,' and wants fans at the show to record the song! If you're going, try it out and maybe you'll get featured in the video!

We'll be keeping you updated on everything that happens at this show, so be be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world (a couple members from the Discord will be at this show - be sure to say hi)! We just launched the new LPLive Archive YouTube Channel that is loaded with hours of rare content from the Linkin Park world, and we'll also be uploading videos from the Post Traumatic Tour there, too. Be sure to subscribe!

Check out the rest of Mike Shinoda's touring schedule here.