any Linkin Park Bass Tabs?

lukyanovd

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is very little variety in the bass tabs compared to the root notes of the guitar tabs. Forgotten might be the most difficult bass tab because it is actually different than just root notes.

How do you know that? Crawling has a lot of fills in it, but it's nearly impossible to pick them out with the rest of the song. You can only hear it when you listen to the multitrack. Who knows what the other songs hold. There's a fill on Papercut that doesn't follow the guitars at all, for one.

Plus, I'm fairly certain Forgotten has little to no variation on the bass from the guitar root notes. The verse bassline is just the chorus bassline with a slightly different rhythm (I believe, but I can't really hear what the rhythm is for the chorus, it may very well be the same).

Edited by Lorde-Wobbuffet

How do you know that? Crawling has a lot of fills in it, but it's nearly impossible to pick them out with the rest of the song. You can only hear it when you listen to the multitrack. Who knows what the other songs hold. There's a fill on Papercut that doesn't follow the guitars at all, for one.

Plus, I'm fairly certain Forgotten has little to no variation on the bass from the guitar root notes. The verse bassline is just the chorus bassline with a slightly different rhythm (I believe, but I can't really hear what the rhythm is for the chorus, it may very well be the same).

Forgotten's verse bassline is something like this:

|------------------------------------------------------------------|

|---------2-------3-----2--------------------------------5---------|

|-----------------------------3-------3---3---2--------------------|

|-5------------------------------------------------3-----------3---|

Plays something completely different from the guitars at the end of the bridge too, IIRC.

Forgotten's verse bassline is something like this:

|------------------------------------------------------------------|

|---------2-------3-----2--------------------------------5---------|

|-----------------------------3-------3---3---2--------------------|

|-5------------------------------------------------3-----------3---|

I've been playing this song really incorrectly on my bass then. I always heard a bassline that sounded like the chorus.

Regardless, it's still not mind-blowingly different.

Edited by Lorde-Wobbuffet