LP - 8/26/14 - Falcon Heights, MN

southpaw818

I'll be there, pit.

Also, advice for anybody going to this show who's never been to the Minnesota State Fair: Get there EARLY. Gates for the fair open at 6 AM. This is the largest state fair in the country. It WILL be packed, traffic WILL be crazy, and unless you get there at the asscrack of dawn, you probably WILL end up paying a total stranger $20 to park your car in their front yard a mile from the fairgrounds. It's that insane down there. Katie and I are planning on getting up at 4 AM and spending the whole day down there.

You also do have to purchase State Fair admission if you're going to the show. It was mentioned on the site I bought my tickets through, but not sure if everybody's aware of it.

Edited by Astat

I'll be there, pit.

Also, advice for anybody going to this show who's never been to the Minnesota State Fair: Get there EARLY. Gates for the fair open at 6 AM. This is the largest state fair in the country. It WILL be packed, traffic WILL be crazy, and unless you get there at the asscrack of dawn, you probably WILL end up paying a total stranger $20 to park your car in their front yard a mile from the fairgrounds. It's that insane down there. Katie and I are planning on getting up at 4 AM and spending the whole day down there.

You also do have to purchase State Fair admission if you're going to the show. It was mentioned on the site I bought my tickets through, but not sure if everybody's aware of it.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I've never been there. 3.5 hr drive from my house.

What seats are available in the general admission tickets?

Oh I see. I haven't got the tickets yet. I'm surprised this is the only show that's not on Ticket Master. Is that because it's at the State Fair?

Yeah, all of the concerts at the State Fairgrounds go through their own ticketing agency.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still debating if I'm gonna go yet. I haven't bought the ticket yet. I got this day approved off from work though.

My brother and I had plans to go. He might he out in New Hampshire for work training that week. He also might not be able to afford $80 for the ticket.

Seeing how disappointing LP's setlist is, I don't think it'll be as good as my first show, Projekt Rev 08. I'll have a 3.5 hour drive there. And anyways, my oldest brother (not the one I'd be going with), one of his sons, and an uncle of mine all have their birthday on that day, the 26th.

Does anyone know about how many people will be at this show?

Capacity of the Grandstand is 17,000. There will be far more people at the fair itself though. Even with Tuesday being about the least busy day of the fair, they still usually pull in over 100,000 that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit what was the date when you seen them? And I have only seen LP once before too, on the A Thousand Suns world tour.

8/16/08. Six years and ten days. I was gonna work in the MFR booth to get free lawn tickets, but an LPUer gave me two tickets for free. Pretty decent seats too.

I bought my ticket today. I'm one step closer to seeing Linkin Park! Pretty lame that admission doesn't include the fair. They charge enough for it, including stupid fees.

We all should meet up somewhere there. I'd like to meet other LP fans.

Edited by Lonewolf818

40% chance. Let's hope it passes over.

Also, why is the show listed as Falcon Heights when the fair is in St. Paul?

Falcon Heights basically consists of the area between Cleveland Ave and Snelling Ave on the east/west borders and Roselawn Ave and Como Ave on the north/south borders. The fairgrounds and the U of M campus occupy most of that area. Most of the local businesses just use St. Paul for their mailing address because it's such a small area.

If it rains, it rains. Hopefully it'll keep the fair crowds down a bit if it does. I've never been to the MN state fair before and I'm slightly intimidated by it, haha.

I'll be at the fair pretty much all day, anybody who's there and wants to meet up, hit me up on Twitter. @astatslpvids

Edited by Astat

8/16/08. Six years and ten days. I was gonna work in the MFR booth to get free lawn tickets, but an LPUer gave me two tickets for free. Pretty decent seats too.

I bought my ticket today. I'm one step closer to seeing Linkin Park! Pretty lame that admission doesn't include the fair. They charge enough for it, including stupid fees.

We all should meet up somewhere there. I'd like to meet other LP fans.

Ok what do you look like?