ATS Sucks Live?

Geki

I actually prefer the studio version of The Messenger by a lot. I know that literally 95% of the LP fanbase HATES the studio version of The Messenger (which is almost fact because of how many people complain about it), but I love it. Chester's voice is so raw and emotional in the studio version. I enjoy the live version as well, just not as much. The low pitch is pretty nice and soothing, while the studio version has so much raw emotion that I could cry listening to it. And also Mike said that it would be almost impossible for them to play Robot Boy, but he said maybe a stripped down version could work or something. I don't really count the clip of Robot Boy that they have been playing, but I guess someone could count that if they want to.

The studio version is great, but it surprises me know they let Chester's vocal take stay,

Almost impossible how? Because Mike would have to play the electroncs and sing at the same time? Then they should just play a shortened version of it,

Not ATS related, but what's the reason for the 5 Living Things songs not played? I know Brad is too lazy to learn the easy guitar parts to Powerless, but what about the other 4?

Edited by Southpaw818

Almost impossible how? Because Mike would have to play the electroncs and sing at the same time? Then they should just play a shortened version of it,

They said it was because of the layered vocals.

Same reason why they stopped playing Hands Held High (there were too much voices in the studio version and they said it never sounded good live).

Not ATS related, but what's the reason for the 5 Living Things songs not played? I know Brad is too lazy to learn the easy guitar parts to Powerless, but what about the other 4?

Chester actually said they would play I'll Be Gone but it never happened.

Chester actually said they would play I'll Be Gone but it never happened.

Astat said that they rehearsed POWERLESS too and Brad didn't even know how to play the song on guitar. But yeah, I remember Chester saying they were rehearsing I'LL BE GONE and he couldn't wait to play it. He said that at the December 2012 LPU Chat, I believe. It's a shame that none of those songs got played, I think they actually would have been good live songs, and I think that if they did ROADS UNTRAVELED at some point it would have been nice to have a crowd sing-a-long with it.