7/27/08 Projekt Revolution At Nissan Pavilion

LPxDC

wooo okay. The sequel to my first show review.

i had missed the Bmore show earlier in the year but i was determined to make up for it with the 08 PR.

so as soon as i found out the PR dates and whatnot i jumped on it. at first i was going to go for seat tickets but i was like fuck it and went for pit again haha. it was going to be epic

so fast forward to the week of the show

Revolutionman of the LPU txted me saying he had won passes for the meet and greet to meet LP i was like lucky son of a gun.

we had made plans to meet up at the show and he was gonna sell me the LPU 4.0 cd. so already i was going to get something good from the concert.

so fast forward day of show. The weather man had said there was gonna be showers. i was praying to god that it wouldnt.

so my dad and i left to the Nissan around 12 30ish we arrived got a really good parking spot.nd had a decent place in line to enter.

about 10 minutes in JESUS CHRIST it starts raining. im talking about a fucking huge ass downpour.

i was so soaked. head to toe shirt all the way to socks. i got so wet to the point the clothes were wearing me down cuz of the water. people were having fun and were just moshing each other in the rain which was the weirdest thing

and then i look up. and on top of the big hill inside of the venue i could have sworn it was Mark Fiore. the guy was taping us and waved a bit to us. i was like dadd its Mark Fiore!!! hes like whos that? i explained and he said oh maybe this rain will be featured in an LPTV you watch all the time LOL. too bad it never ended up cuz the idiots who made it skipped from Hartford to PHenix =[

anyways

now it began to rain ice. HOLY SHIT so many people were runnng back to their cars. it was a mess. about half an hour later it had calm down and people were beginning to be let in but it still took forever to get inside the Nissan ughh

but once i made it in i went straight for the Rev Stage. Armor for Sleep was already off and Hawthorne Heights was beginning to set up. i waited for a bit and then they finally came on. i only knew this is who we are and ohio is for lovers

i got a small clip of this is who we are ->

overall i got into them. i bought Fragile Future a few weeks later. they were decent. id go to another show. i was about to go into the meet and greet but the security had a cut off point in letting people in so whatever.

i tried to go to the merch booth during the break between HH and 10 Years and i tried to do what i did last year and look like i was just going to look at merch but was goin to buy something but unfortunately this 6 '5 white guy was cursing at me and shit threatening to kick my ass. i shoulda screamed for help maybe i could have had his ass aressted since i was a minor at the time and he was def legal he had a kid and wife. oh well

so then i got in line and called Revolutionman from the LPU and he met up with me while i was in line and then he sold me the LPU 4.0 cd and we talked abit and then me and him heard the LP soundcheck we heard the new intro to LFY and i was like :D haha. so then my dad shows up and he gave me the live cd i was like DAD UHH thanks! but now i stayed in line for nothing oh well time to buy a t shirt then! haha.

but unfortunately from doing all those shenanigans i had missed 10 Years. i was blown but what can ya do...

so i waited for Atreyu to come on, since there was nothing else to do , and let me tell you when the opening riff to Doomsday started i was hooked

<= Doomsday

Atreyu was tearing that shittt uppp. i was becoming more and more of a fan by each song. I wondered why wasnt LP this energetic? Alex was jumpin all over the damn bitch and the bassist was jumpin all over the damn place.

<- blow

before they played blow , Brandon told everyone to stick their middle finger and we all flipped off dan it was hilarious.

<- Falling Down

overall i became a fan at the end of their set. They had the energy i wanted to see more in LP but thats 2000-2004 days oh well

anyways on to the Main Stage , there was no big struggle to get in this year and the SDC had already started. The lead singer was def a bit crazy. Bobby Alt his name i believe was going psycho in the crowd. But people were cheering him and the band on so i guess they did good. it was something different but onwards...

ASHES dIVIDE i had recently gotten into them and they had a somewhat boring stage prescience. i was dissappointed because they have decent music but oh well.. apparently they broke up but thats kinda hard to do since Billy was the sole member of the group everyone else in it was just a touring band oh well

<- video i took of the stone

i was angry Busta got kicked off the tour so there is no review of busta but people were texting the screen saying busta whered you go?

The Bravery , too be honest i was expecting more, i was bored throughout the whole damn set. Atreyu should have had their spot or should have gotten a better act. too put in simple terms , The Bravery is more of a studio band because they are boring as shit live

well i took two videos

<- the intro

<- Believe

Chris Cornell - now i had listened to some of his shit. nd immediately liked it. but Chris opened with Cochise and lemme tell you that crowd went somewhat insane. but no moshing or crowd surfing ensued?? anyways, so he got thru with that and launched into No Such Thing then Spoonman and finally what i had been waiting for... :) dun dun dun

many ppl were going for Chaz and i caught all of the epicness on film. Amazing. Chris then proceeded to play Ground Zero and i cant remember what else he played... i kno he played Like A Stone acoustic, Show Me How To Live, Black Hole Sun and closed with Rusty Cage

Chris was epic and i have tix to go see him next month. Should be good

now to the main event :)

Something funny i noticed when they were setting up the stage i saw one of LP's roadies pick up the acoustic guitar that Mike uses for TLGYA nd another roadie approaches the guy and i could make out "NO PUT THAT BACK THEY ARENT USING THAT FOR TONIGHTS SHOW!" it was funny.

so about 15 minutes later the light drops and the SDC do their little intro and go into the NMS intro which btw i loved and always wanted to see it in person. And when the gunshot samples go off i start going crazyy.

No More Sorrow Feat SDC <- warning horrible singalong & shakyness from bein excited haha

it was good but when mike came out he looked kinda boring. I sang along to every word tho. Chester was on it. The crowds were jumping ppl were screaming.

during LFY i remember someones shoe almost landing on me, my dad was again moshing like last year to this. It was tight.

Nothing really noteworthy to say about SIB it was kinda boring.

Wake 2.0 was i wanted to see because it was new duh and lemme tell you it was good. Given Up was epic as well plenty of ppl singing along Chester was into it.

Papercut & points felt the same as last year but Points had Petrified over the intro and TTG was over the outro

after that again feeling like last year In Pieces was played it didnt feel any different which somewhat irked me... but moving on

like last year the crowd blew up when they heard Numb. I was excited still and the whole crowd sang along.

Something that i had not seen last year was Pushing Me Away the studio version which i loved a lot, i wanted to see it in forever.

Breaking the Habit was nice, i liked that they dropped the intro and exchanged it for a vocal outro. Overall pretty good

After that Shadow of The Day started and it received a lot more cheering then it did the year before. I suppose it was cuz it was made a single and shit

anyway its always nice to see Chaz playing guitar so i made sure to tape it

Crawling was another i had been lookin forward to the whole day. To me its been changed around a lot that its a highlight of the show.

First the HHH Intro Ovr the KRWLIN Intro

then the song starts everyone begins to sing along little did they crowd know someone was about to make a suprise apperance

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

You forgot to finish the review! =O You should. I was there too and it was a great time.

Chris Cornell during Black Hole Sun left the stage and stood on something, can't remember what, but he had a damn good show. When he came back on stage for Crawling he got a great reaction. And as you said Numb got the biggest pop.

I noticed a lot of people there didn't seem to know about the whole 2 encores thing, they started filling out.