How should the singles have been released?

Obviously, the singles that go alongside the album can really determine how well the album sells, and that was one of LIVING THINGS's main problems in terms of sales, the lack of LP's traditional singles being released in a consistent manner. That got me thinking, how should the singles have been released for the rest of the albums?

Hybrid Theory

- Main Singles:

• One Step Closer (For the time the album was released the energy and the style of the song made it an amazing lead single.)
  • A Place For My Head (Similar to OSC, has the energy and the perfect style for a single.)
  • Papercut (Really summarizes the album well in a high energy way, but doesn't have enough to lead the album)
  • In The End (The perfect song for the older heavy rockers and the younger "emo" types.)
- Promo Singles

• Points of Authority (Has an amazing mix of Chester and Mike's vocals and great energy, but wouldn't fit as a full single.)
  • With You (Similar to In The End, has the perfect style for both heavy rockers and angst-filled younglings of the time.)
Meteora

- Main Singles

• Faint (Perfect energy for a lead single, especially as a follow up to Hybrid Theory)
  • Somewhere I Belong (Has the "In The End" effect of being perfect for the angst filled teens that listened to this album, while still appealing to the older generation)
  • Figure .09 (Similar to Faint, has great energy and is perfect for a single mid-cycle to regenerate interest in the album)
  • Numb (I dislike the song, but it is still perfect for a single. It fits perfectly into radio and would generate interest from the younger, "my parents suck" group)
  • From The Inside (A great single to close off the album cycle has it has great energy during the chorus, bridge, and outro, while still maintaining a softer verse style.)
- Promo Singles

• Lying From You (Has the perfect amount of angst and anger to make the song great, while not going overboard. However, it still wouldn't sell as a main single.)
  • Don't Stay (Perfect song for the angst filled kids of that time to jam out to and make them interested in Meteora, but still wouldn't fit as a main single.)
Minutes to Midnight

- Main Singles

• What I've Done (Perfect mainstream rock song to kick off the change to LP's change in sound. Also, Transformers)
  • Shadow Of The Day (A softer song to exaggerate the change in LP's sound to intrigue new audiences to their music, but still has that very LP feel to it that existed in HT and Meteora)
  • Bleed it Out (Perfect mid-cycle single, as it is a perfect combination of Mike's rapping and Chester's singing/screaming. It is enough to regenerate some interest in the album after it's initial hype is over)
  • In Pieces (A great choice for a single as it still shows more variety in LP's new sound that wasn't really shown in the past singles. Also shows Brad's biggest guitar solo on the album)
  • No More Sorrow (A great choice to close off the album's cycle, as it is among LP's heaviest tracks in terms of vocals, guitars, and drums.)
- Promo Singles

• Given Up (High energy song that would be just enough to intrigue people, but doesn't seem to be enough to keep the album alive)
  • Leave Out All The Rest (A good song with some variation, but it is definitely not main single worthy. The only reason I put it in here was because it was in Twilight, and that franchise is popular enough to intrigue a new audience.
A Thousand Suns

- Main Singles

• The Catalyst (One of the most energy driven tracks on ATS, and also really shows some drastic change in LP's sound from MTM to ATS)
  • Blackout (High energy song with a different bridge than anything LP has done before and some large variation on the outro compared to the rest of the song)

• Waiting For The End (Very radio friendly song that would definitely spark interest in the band and the album)
  • Iridescent (Still a radio friendly song that can stand on its own outside the story of the album, and it was in Transformers 3.)
- Promo Singles

• Burning In The Skies (A very poppy song that fits well on radio, but isn't anything that would fit well as a main single)
  • Wretches and Kings (High energy track that fits fairly well on radio, but would not fit as a main single)
LIVING THINGS

- Main Singles

• LOST IN THE ECHO (A perfect lead single for LT. It has a great combination of Mike rapping rather aggressively, Chester singing and screaming, and a very nice beat in the background. Way better lead single than BID)
  • CASTLE OF GLASS (An amazing song that shows some of the more unique sounding stuff on LIVING THINGS. It was also in Medal of Honor: Warfighter, which would introduce people to that game, and vice versa)
  • I'LL BE GONE (A great mid-cycle single to spark interest in the album again.)
  • POWERLESS (A poppy sounding track that would fit well alongside the rest of current radio)
- Promo Singles

• BURN IT DOWN (An incredibly poppy track that fits well as a promo single, but not as a main one)
  • LIES GREED MISERY (A heavier track that shows off that side of LP still exists while not completely abandoning their new sound. Still not fit as a main single)
That's how I think it should have been done, what about you? Edited by Castle of Glass

- Reanimation - release P5hng Me A*wy and Wth>You as singles/promos.

- Collision Course - add Izzo/In The End as the second single.

- Minutes To Midnight - release No More Sorrow instead Bleed It Out or Given Up.

- Living Things - release Lost In The Echo as the main single, then Castle Of Glass and only then Burn It Down and Powerless.

Its 1:30 in the morning in NJ so fuck valid explanations. Some may come out pretty bad.

Hybrid Theory

• One Step Closer - Big, in-your-fucking-face track, especially for that period in the nu-metal cycle. Definately sparked interest in the band.
  • Crawling - Another in-your-face track, but more relatable than OSC.
  • Pushing Me Away - A song for the teenage girls. Hoes love dem some pop-metsl shit. Plus those emo kids too.
  • A Place For My Head - Amazing way to jut out some final sales. HUGE track would no doubt rack in some big sales.

PROMO SINGLES

• With You - Great track that would spark interest in a place where the other songs don't: where the turntabilists roam.
  • Points Of Authority - In the same way PMA gets the girls, this one gets the rebelious teens.

Meteora

• Faint - Enough explanations Im tired
  • Numb
  • Somewhere I Belong
  • From The Inside
  • Figure.09

PROMO

• Breaking The Habit
  • Easier To Run

Minutes to Midnight

• What I've Done
  • No More Sorrow
  • In Pieces
  • Leave Out All The Rest
  • Bleed It Out

PROMO

• Given Up
  • Shadow Of The Day

A Thousand Suns

• The Catalyst
  • Blackout
  • Waiting For The End
  • When They Come For Me

PROMO

• Wretches and Kings
  • Burning In The Skies

LIVING THINGS

• LOST IN THE ECHO
  • POWERLESS
  • CASTLE OF GLASS
  • BURN IT DOWN

PROMO

• LIES GREED MISERY
  • I'LL BE GONE
I'll probably redo this when I've thought about this more... and when I'm not struggling to get the energy to type this.

just a question, both of you release all the "good" songs as singles, now people who are listen to radio, or watching MTV or even bought the singles, they have no reason to buy the full album. you must keep one or two "singles" inside the album.

Hybrid Theory

- Main Singles:

• One Step Closer (For the time the album was released the energy and the style of the song made it an amazing lead single.)
  • A Place For My Head (Similar to OSC, has the energy and the perfect style for a single.)
  • Papercut (Really summarizes the album well in a high energy way, but doesn't have enough to lead the album)
  • In The End (The perfect song for the older heavy rockers and the younger "emo" types.)
- Promo Singles

• Points of Authority (Has an amazing mix of Chester and Mike's vocals and great energy, but wouldn't fit as a full single.)
  • With You (Similar to In The End, has the perfect style for both heavy rockers and angst-filled younglings of the time.)

You don't think Crawling should have been a single? With that chorus, it was only ever going to be one.

As far as I'm concerned, the single choices for LP have been pretty good. My only changes would be releasing Lost in the Echo as the first single from LT, before Burn it Down, and releasing Wretches as a single from ATS instead of BITS (too similar to Iridescent in my opinion).