Mansfield, MA 2008

Geki

Ok, so here goes my first out of two reviews for PR08...

I remember watching a shit ton of LPTV the night before this show and just genuinely being really excited for this show. We headed down to the venue kind of early in the morning, I think we left my house at about 9AM, me and my girlfriend, with my Grandma driving us down. My friend didn't end up going to this show with me for some reason, despite having gone to PR07 and the Manchester, NH show with me earlier in the year. Once we got to the venue, we waited in line for what seemed like FOREVER. Once we were let in the venue, we immediately went to watch Armor For Sleep. I was a big fan of Armor For Sleep at this time and I really wanted to see them play. They put on a great show, and played a new song called ''This Abyss'' that eventually came out on an EP later in the year, which turned out to be their last work before they broke up. Bummer. We then watched Hawthorne Heights, who I was also a huge fan of at the time, and I liked their set a lot. I don't think my girlfriend liked them, but whatever. Next up was 10 Years, who I wasn't really familiar with at the time besides the song Wasteland. I really wish I watched them at this show but we decided to go check out the merch and get some food, etc. during their set. My girlfriend didn't really like them, so that was partially why. But man I wish I watched them. Atreyu was next, who both me and my girlfriend absolutely loved at the time, we were huge fans. Really a great band, and they put on a really kick ass show. Tons of energy and fun. I remember at one point, Alex Varkatzas made the crowd get down on their knees, and once he said go, everyone jumped up at the same time, it was really cool. I can't remember what song it was, though. After their set, we decided to head over to the Main Stage.

S.D.C. was done by the time we got to our seats, since we had walked around for a little while before we got there. I thought Ashes Divide were kind of a bore, but they were still pretty cool, I thought. Busta Rhymes was awesome, he put on a really energetic and awesome show. He was probably my favorite artist on the Main Stage, just because he was so full of energy and the crowd really liked him. It was cool to see him live as well. I thought The Bravery were kind of a bore as well, which is funny because I actually enjoyed them in Hartford a few days after this show a lot. Chris Cornell was pretty awesome. I had no clue that Chester would be coming out for Hunger Strike, since this was the first show of the tour, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was fucking awesome. He sang it incredibly. After Chris Cornell's set, it was finally time for Linkin Park. S.D.C. opened the set with a cool intro, which led into One Step Closer, which got the crowd going big time. Lying From You had the new intro, which was really epic to see, I love that. Wake 2.0 was also cool to see. Chris Cornell came out and sang Crawling with Linkin Park, which was fucking epic. Busta Rhymes also came out and did We Made It with Linkin Park, and it was fucking incredible, I loved it. It was really cool to see that live and you could tell the band was having a lot of fun. It was a great show overall, no complaints, other than the fact that they dropped What I've Done at the show due to time constraints.

After the show, me and my girlfriend headed out to the parking lot to find my Grandma. After that, we got some food at a nearby Taco Bell, which was actually pretty nasty, and we went home after a long but awesome day.

Edited by Geki

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i guess the band put bands like the bravery to give some time to their fans for buy food and merch lol

Yeah...I thought The Bravery were pretty boring, although I did enjoy them at Hartford a few days after and I now love the band. I mean, they have opened for U2 I'm pretty sure, so people like them, they're just really different from Linkin Park so I don't think they meshed well with the Linkin Park fans. Strangely, I never buy food once the main stage starts for some reason. I usually just eat tons of shit during some of the Revolution stage bands and buy merch and what not, that way I can get front row. Getting front row at Hartford 2008 meant watching S.D.C., Ashes Divide, Busta Rhymes, The Bravery and Chris Cornell without once moving and believe me, that sucked.

Edited by Geki