Your Linkin Park History

Jug Of Water

ok thought i'd make this. i'll begin. ok so in 1999 i visited my cuzin north of birmingham right? well he was a member of the m-80 (hybrid theory fan club.) so i visit and go to his room and the 1st thing i heard was the middle of my first LP song ever. Carousel. went in and asked what that was. told me it was htep and told me about the m-80. so he burnt me a copy and i took it home (he also had the ht tape, promo, and xero tape. holy crap) so i rip it and have it on my computer. year later the ht came out and i heard the 1st bit from my cuzin AGAIN who had the 3 track promo of that. so i hear the ht and love it. 2 years after that you have reanimation. it was ok, still good. that was where lp lost some fans cuz of that. next year, you have meteora come out, and lp got a dif style right? so its more rock orianted this time. brings lp fans with all the stuff it has such as Numb, and sib. then 1 year later mtv gets lp and jz to do a mash-up. got lp fans from jz side. (not many). then in/around 2006/begining of 2007. alot of fans in AL statred to wonder what happened and just to answer the question, lp brought out m2m. big change from the htep, m, and ht. didnt like it at 1st. then listened to it some and got into a new LP. and my cuzin? he's got to be the biggest LP fan. every single, album, version of the album, tape, ep, lpu, been to half of their concerts through out the us each time they tour here. lp wall paper he painted, posters, every thing he has is signed, and he wont give me 1 song unless pay him like 20$? crazy hard-core overly-obsessive. have to thank him for letting me be one of LPs 1st fans though :D

Nice story :)

I got into them around 2000. A friend of my showed me their cd, and he said it was really good. But at the time I wasnt really into that kind of music. But a few days later I checked out the cd, and fell in love with it. The guitars, drums, vocals, everything was just amazing. And I instantly became addicted, and a huge fan of LP. Thats when I signed up with the LPU, and got the HTEP, and I thought that cd was amazing! But what really got me hooked is the Hybrid Theory cd. It's still one of my favourites today. And it feels good knowing that I've been a fan since 2000. LP will always be the best band for me, no matter what other bands I listen to.

Linkin Park rules!

• 2 weeks later...

I first heard Hybrid Theory from my best friend at the time who bought the CD and showed it to me, this was in 2001, so I was 10/11 years old during that year. And then I heard APFMH in some X-Games video game intro for PS2 and I loved it. I then forgot about the band.

One day in 2003, I heard Faint on the radio. I was hearing it a lot on the radio and I always wondered who it was because I liked the song. So eventually I found out it was Linkin Park and I went out and bought Meteora, the album it was on. I then got really into the band and started collecting and listening to live stuff, etc. and the rest is history from there. I would say that was in mid to late 2003. So I've been around since then, basically.

Edited by Geki

My beginnings with LP? I got into them around the year 2004, around the time they collabed with Jay-Z and started PR04. I was at the beach with family and my cousin was listening to his new mp3 player. I asked him what he was listening to and he let me listen to the song "Nobody's Listening" by Linkin Park. About a minute and a half into the song, I fell in love with it. I asked him who Linkin Park was and he told me that they started a new style of music that combined rap with rock. (he didn't realize there were bands that had tried that before LP) Then he told me to listen to "In The End" and although I was not as impressed with the song, the sheer creativity and energy of the song made me even more impressed with the band. A few weeks later I got a few more LP songs from my cousin again, "Numb, "Pushing Me Away", and "Numb / Encore" and they became my favorite band.

Edited by LPPRJKT4