10/23/09 - MTV Ulalume Fest - Merriweather Post Pavilion - DBS

LPxDC

Well this was VERY overdue shit mann. But better late then never. So obviously you saw how much hype myself and others on the site were making for this show because it was the first show to be announced for the DBS promo tour. Welll i got pit tickets early presale through the 9:30 Club presale so i was good to go for the pit ;). Though had quite a snag with a ride, no license is no fun :( but managed to find a friend who loves paramore who also had seen LP with me at PR07 so it worked out :D Fastt forward to the show

My friend and i left to the Merriweather Post Pavilion round 1'ish with no trouble at all surprisingly, found a good parking spot near the gates small line, my friend and i made convo with the people around us and i think mebbe around 3:30ish LPPhan2005 arrived and i let him cut in line haha. We had already met at Mayhem Fest earlier that year so it was good to meet up with a member of the LPU/LPL. I was texting Jim (Papelbon) and this guy is still in Baltimore! haha! Told ya Jim to head there early but nooo :P haha. Anyways, so before gates opened there was the camerawomen asking us to get excited. I wonder where the pictures went because myself, LPPhan and my friend defintely got snappedshot a couple of times. Hmm...

So 4:30 rolls around and everyone DASHES to the Pit. Holy shit. Papelbon still hadnt showed up but we did meet up with Easiertorun77, we talked for a bit then LPPhan and I tried to get closer to railing but no dice, Paramore fans are stronger then they look in numbers haha. But Flounders Mashups (Flounder is a DJ in the DMV area) and the crowd was getting into it and signing along lol "CHRIS BROWN SUCKS!" haha. IF you were there with us y kno what im talking about. haha it was all good and fun.

So an hour of mashups later, Kid Cudi finally made his entrance with the song "Already Home", tellin you , Cudi puts on a good show and got the crowd pumped. He pretty much played

Mostly in order

Already Home

Make Her Say

Day N Nite

Pursuit Of Happiness.

He didn't play long surprisingly, i kinda wish he did especially since Asher Roth canceled due to recent surgery AKA Wisdom teeth removal. But Cudi put on a good show and got myself and the crowd ready for...

DEAD BY GAHHDAM SUNRISE!

As soon as i saw the stage crew setting up guitar pedals I knew Asher had dropped out but that mean DBS was going to play early haha. It Felt like FOREVER they were setting up holy jesus, but while we were waiting some girls in the pit was trying to figure out my name, haha LPPhan knows what im talking about , oh man good times. Hey LPPhan "Sydney!" LMAO. Oh mann anyways so i see Fu pop his head out there and my crazy fanboy self went like FU!!!!! Then i turned away and one of the girls in the pit said he waved back! I was like tight! So a few minutes later the lights went out, it was kinda anticlimatic on DBS's intro. All they really did was walk on stage and Chester kinda flicked his finger at Elias to signal the start of End Of The World. It was ok but i really think it would have been better to open with Crawl Back In. I suppose they saved it for later because that was what they were going to broadcast. Anyways DBS is fucking rocking. I hold up my Julien-K shirt and Amir gives me this smile and nod. Excellent DBS is rocking im singing like no tomorrow. After EOTW Condemend kicks in. HOLY SHIT major headbanging ensues im pushing people around me because they were being pricks for not letting me and trip come through and this one girl says ODEEEE (ghetto way of saying overdoing it) i say fuck yall! And i throw up my JK shirt and Ryan gives me a nod and thumbs up from across the stage haha.

TO BE CONTINUED

IT WASNT MY FAULT!!

lol, I had to eat at some point...

But ya... Atleast you didnt almost get into a fight with some para-bitch's father trying to get into the pit... LOL I was ready to go man, all sorts a pumped up... Dude was like 6'2"... hahaha

As for the names... all I have to say is.... PALUMALU!!!!! lmfao

BTW... Hayley Williams is a fucking Goddess... Holy shit, I'm in love.. LOL /creepyguy

Edited by Papelbon

IT WASNT MY FAULT!!

But ya... Atleast you didnt almost get into a fight with some para-bitch's father trying to get into the pit... LOL I was ready to go man, all sorts a pumped up... Dude was like 6'2"... hahaha

BTW... Hayley Williams is a fucking Goddess... Holy shit, I'm in love.. LOL /creepyguy

phooey on you, shoulda had something, go write your own review

THE JIM SIDE OF THE STORY!

• 3 weeks later...

IT WASNT MY FAULT!!

Nah ur not the only one, me and my friend think the same thing actually bout Hayley.