First Three Album Tracklisting Reworks

The tagline speaks for itself. If you had the ability to rework any of the first three albums to incorporate other songs in place of what's present, what would you shift? I'll go first.

- Note, the number of tracks STAYS THE SAME. No 13 Hybrid Theory tracks or 25 MTM tracks, lol.

HYBRID THEORY

1. Papercut

2. One Step Closer

3. With You

4. And One (2001 cut)

5. Crawling

6. Runaway 

7. Reading My Eyes (Though obviously reworked a bit to better vibe with the rest of the album, they definitely could have done it)

8. In The End 

9. A Place For My Head

10. Forgotten

11. Part of Me

12. Pushing Me Away 

METEORA

1. A.06 (Leads into)

2. Fighting Myself (Short Intro, No Reverse Vocals)

3. Somewhere I Belong

4. Lying From You

5. More The Victim (Reworked slightly, likely, with more refined vocals)

6. Lost

7. Easier To Run

8. Faint 

9. Figure.09

10. Breaking The Habit

11. From The Inside

12. Healing Foot (Maybe renamed to Restraint or Plague or something)

13. Numb

MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT:

1: Wake

2. Given Up

3. Leave Out All The Rest

4. Bleed It Out

5. Shadow Of The Day

6. What I've Done

7. What We Don't Know

8. Across The Line

9. Valentine's Day

10. No Roads Left

11. In Pieces

12. The Little Things Give You Away

HT: stays the exact same except for Forgotten being replaced by And One, but it's the live And One with the screams and no weird rap and noises at the end.

Meteora: Lost takes the place of Nobody's listening and More the victim replaces HTF.

MTM: NRL replaces In Between and BIO ends the tracklist 

2 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

HT: stays the exact same except for Forgotten being replaced by And One, but it's the live And One with the screams and no weird rap and noises at the end.

Meteora: Lost takes the place of Nobody's listening and More the victim replaces HTF.

The unmastered tracklist is the one that makes more sense.

APFMH as the last song is perfect.

19 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

I like this actually. Personally couldn't see myself getting rid of Forgotten, but I have very specific memories of it so it's different for me. Not sure about BIO ending MTM but I think if it was more like they did live I could see it

32 minutes ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

I like this actually. Personally couldn't see myself getting rid of Forgotten, but I have very specific memories of it so it's different for me. Not sure about BIO ending MTM but I think if it was more like they did live I could see it

TLTGYA is a really good song but it’s not iconic as Numb or PMA or The Messenger IMO, and yeah, BIO as the closing track was in a “live show” stare of mind 😂

The first three albums are masterpieces to me that are perfect but this could be fun. So I’ll make my own. I like the flow of them all so I might keep that but swap songs.

Hybrid Theory

01. Papercut

02. One Step Closer

03. And One (HT Tour Version)

04. Points Of Authority

05. Crawling

06. Could Have Been

07. Carousel (Would be re-recorded)

08. In The End

09. A Place For My Head

10. Forgotten

11. High Voltage (OSC Single Version)

12. Pushing Me Away

Like I said I love Hybrid Theory as it is/was but the version they played of And One live on tour was so badass and I feel like would be a great addition to the album. Could Have Been is amazing, the version on the album would be re-done to sound less demo-ish and Kyle’s ending would be chopped off. Carousel would be made to sound heavier like the HTEP version was. I kind of hate the other version, but I love the HTEP version. Cure For The Itch can go for High Voltage to give Mike a proper track plus I love this version of High Voltage. Keeping Pushing as a closer because I love it.

Meteora

01. Foreword

02. Don’t Stay

03. Somewhere I Belong

04. Lying From You

05. More The Victim

06. Lost

07. Faint

08. Figure.09

09. Breaking The Habit

10. From The Inside

11. Nobody’s Listening

12. Massive

13. Numb

I would get rid of HTF for MTV. Love MTV. Yes I would have Lost and Numb on the same album. I love both HTF and ETR but it might be cool to have these not on the album because sometimes I skip them. Massive would be done by Chester and be less demo-ish. I love Massive. I was going to swap SIB for Healing Foot as I feel they are similar like Lost and Numb but I love SIB too much. 

Minutes To Midnight

01. Wake

02. Given Up

03. Leave Out All The Rest

04. Bleed It Out

05. Across The Line

06. What I’ve Done

07. Blackbirds

08. No More Sorrow

09. Valentine’s Day

10. Ammosick

11. In Pieces

12. The Little Things Give You Away

Keeping Wake because I like it. Get rid of Shadow for ATL. Get rid of HHH for Blackbirds. Ammosick is similar in sound to In Between kind of and even though I love In Between, Ammosick is cool. Obviously it would be mixed and mastered better than the YouTube rip we have. 

On 3/1/2024 at 11:25 AM, Somebodyangry said:

TLTGYA is a really good song but it’s not iconic as Numb or PMA or The Messenger IMO, and yeah, BIO as the closing track was in a “live show” stare of mind 😂

See for me, as far as final tracks on Albums go, for me it goes Numb, TLTGYA, PMA, Powerless, Messenger, Sharp Edges and ALITS ranking wise. I love that song as an ender, can't see it being put anywhere else on the album personally