27.08.2004 East Troy, WI, Alpine Valley Music Theatre

hahninator

EAST TROY AUG 27th 2004

We drove 4 hours to see lp & korn in East Troy, Wi. Since we went off the directions from yahoo! Maps we went way off course and got lost in East Troy. I stopped and asked for directions. It turns out we were only about 5 mins from the amphitheatre so I felt relieved. We followed the parking people to a good spot up close. We walked right to the gate. It was about 1pm and the concert didn’t start til 2:30 so we walked to the merch booth to see what they had. I bought some dog tags (which were choking me all damn night). I ran into my girl who was in line for the M&G. we were talking and I found out that the main stage didn’t go on until 4:30. the 2ns stage was the one starting at 2:30. I was so mad! They opened the gates at 1:30 and we decided to just walk around and visit the diff booths. Amanda was thirsty, I was to but I wasn’t trying to spend $4 for a bottle of water….not yet! We walked over to the 2nd stage and watched Downset for a lil while. They were ok. We entered the game room next to stage 2. nothing to exciting there. So we walked over to the main stage gate and waited for them to open them. Once opened we sat in the lawn watching the stage get set up…getting more and more excited as time went by. They finally opened the gate to the seats at 3:45pm, once we sat down it began the long azz wait til 4:30 when Less Than Jake was gonna start.

There wasn’t very many people in the crowd, I was rather shocked. But, as they played and even through The Used it started filling up quickly. I was getting more and more excited. The crazy guitar guy kept going out into the crowd and rocking out with the fans. I lovedhis hair! It was red & blue on the top, blonde on the bottom! I was trying to listen to the songs but it was a lil to hard rock for me. That or maybe it was to loud in there. I don’t know. But they did their hour set and the stage hands came out to get the stage ready for the used. We had a good laugh cause while they were changing the banners, they fell exposing the snoop stage. You could see the guys on stage laughing too cause of the looks on their faces. They finally got situated and The Used finally came on. I wasn’t to crazy for them either, mainly for the same reasons. They also did an hour set. I liked a few songs but mainly the beat cause I couldn’t understand the words. I do remember the guitar guy was psycho. He was crawling around stage on his hands and knees. He was saying things like “get your azzes off those seats and rock with us” nobody was moving! Snoop Dogg was next. After a long azz wait they finally had the stage ready for him. He had cool props like 2 guys riding tricycles on stage, a bunch of girls out dancing etc…. he did some new songs and even did a remake of a 2pac song. Then he said “rest in peace to my n**** 2pac and biggie. That was cool. The crowd went crazy! After his last song they got the stage ready for Korn. You could see the stage transforming right in front of your eyes. It was pretty cool. The music started and out came Jonathan Davis…In a kilt! I had to laugh. You don’t see that to often. Their set was pretty cool. Lots of silver & black. They had the big screen on behind them so you could see the images playing during certain songs, and even a close up of them…props to the cameraman! After their last song DJ Z-Trip kept us pumped while they were setting up the stage for lp. Wahoooooo man was I pumped by now! I was ready to jump! Finally nearly 30 mins later the first part of “Don’t Stay” sounded and the curtain dropped! Its SHOWTIME! They came out with so much energy and excitement. They had the whole crowd on their feet and ready to jump with them. Mike & chaz kept going back and forth from left stage to right stage and even in the center. “Lying From You” was next. U know chaz can get crazy. He was jumping off the stage speakers already. I swear one of these times he’s gonna throw out his back. The stage had a big ramp going to a high point to center stage. The guys would walk up that and down on the other side. It was pretty cool. They kept asking how everyone in the back was doing and is we are still with them. During the whole show Mike kept trying to get the pit going. “Papercut” was sooo sweet! Once u hear the music start u just go with the flow and your body jumps up and down without you even knowing it. My song “Points Of Authority” was next. This is my speeding song! Everytime I listen to this I tend to speed. I can’t help it. Mike kept running off the stage and back on from the other side. I don’t know what he was doing. I swear he’s always on the go. The stage had 3 main speakers that the guys stood on so they could get closer to the crowd. At one point chaz almost fell off one. But the show must go on. He just laughed about it and kept going. “With You” came next. They kept going from left stage to right stage. While chaz was on left stage Mike was either on top of the ramp, at center stage or on the right side. “Runaway” was next. Same ole Same ole. I can tell u that I was running outta energy. Ok maybe not. Lol.. The music stopped and Mike came out to the centerstage. He asked if they could do a new song. “Step Up” Of Course. He wanted out help. We had to help him out with the LIKE THIS part. He made sure to go slow enough so those of us that don’t know if can keep up. I LOVE when the crowd sings with the band. Its soo cool! Next Was My FAV. Song “Nobody’s Listening”. Oh My My My did that song get my off my feet and bout 2 feet in the air! That’s about where they stayed until “It’s Going Down” was over. They did the guitar part perfectly. I think all the guys were going crazy for this one. Mike put on his guitar and the other guys joined in to start “Somewhere I Belong”. After that they went into “Figure.09”. Lotsa head banging there! Lol…The screen started along with the music that went right into “From The Inside”. Everyone got out their lighters and waved them back and forth while they sang it. It was kinda sad. I guess it set the moment. During “Breaking The Habit” in the 2nd verse while the spotlight was on Mike another one was on chaz at the bottom left stage chaz forgot the words and while laughing he just put his hands up as to say “MY BAD”. He did a chaz laugh and kept going. The whole band had a good laugh “Numb” Was next. They played the video in the background. It was so cool. The spotlight went back and forth from chaz to mike. Mike grabbed the guitar as they went into “Faint”. This is the song that mike was trying to get the pit going again. He basically told them if they didn’t wanna be in there, to get the hell out! He pointed at some girl and was like its gonna be there. She took off running. I heard the piano part to “In The End”. Wahoo its time to rock again. Mike told us to sing along with chaz. When chaz’ part came he cut out the mic and all you heard was the whole place singing his part, Along with the lighters in the air. This is another song that sets the mood! “Crawling” was next. At one point during the concert the guys were goofing around. Brad tried to run up the ramp while playing. He missed or didn’t get enough lift off and had to turn around & go back down. “A Place For My Head” was next. After that one they asked if they could do a NIN cover for us. They said the song was called “Wish”. It was really good. They did really good! I liked the song. The last and final song was “One Step Closer”. Mike made it clear that if we had any energy to use it now and get up. The pit was going crazy and to my surprise Jonathan Davis came out to help sing. He stood on top of the ramp during the whole thing. (still in his skirt…lol) I can’t believe it was over already. We stayed for a bit while the guys goofed around on stage.

See after a concert you have to options. 1- hurry up and get the hell outta there before you get stuck in the traffic jam. Or 2- wait a lil while until the traffic calms down then go. I was pretty tired but I wanted to watch them. Amanda was tired so we just left. On the way up the ramp to the parking lot I lost her. She took off and met me at the top. It kinda made me mad cause there are a lot of people and I’m not trying to wait there all night looking for her. I went to the lemonade stand and got the set list. We grabbed some lemonade, hit the bathrooms and walked out to the car. My ears were ringing but it was totally worth it. We jumped in the car and waited in line for about ½ hour then I bolted for an opening. The guy directing traffic said there was another way. So we went that way. On the way home I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open. I asked Amanda if she could drive. She hesitated but did. I dozed off and woke up about ½ hour later with her saying she was tired too. So I took over, pissed as hell. She gave me no gas money for one thing, and usually u take turns driving. Esp if its 4 hours drive. I dropped her off and got home around 3am. I hit the hay……I think I slept til like 2pm the next day. WHAT A NITE!!! 1

• 4 weeks later...

U know chaz can get crazy. He was jumping off the stage speakers already. I swear one of these times he’s gonna throw out his back.

Lol, good call! Did you really write this, Hahninator? With all of the spelling mistakes, it doesn't look like your usual reviews...in fact, it kinda looks like a 13-year old fangirl wrote it.

• 2 weeks later...

bro ive been to Alpine Valley and i like the sound there but i really hate the fact that the lawn is all down hill.. i saw at least 20 drunk ppl fall and roll down the hill before the concert was over..i guess thats my fault for being broke lol