Chester Bennington's Last Days

Geki

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-linkin-park-singer-chester-benningtons-last-days-w495942

I didn't see this posted anywhere on the site, so I figured I'd make a thread about it, perhaps for people who may not have seen it, or want to discuss it. I think this is a really classy article and it's not like a lot of other crap out on the internet right now. It details a lot of Chester's downward spiral that he has been on for the past couple of years and features interviews with many of his friends, including Ryan Shuck of Dead By Sunrise, Sean Dowdell of Grey Daze, Robert DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots and Matt Sorum of Kings Of Chaos, and a few others. I also like how Ryan and Sean pointed out that while Chris Cornell's death may have contributed to Chester's downward spiral, it likely wasn't the reason that he did it, because many places have been saying that. Also, if anybody is interested in owning a physical copy of this article, it's out in Rolling Stone now, the one with the Kendrick Lamar cover. It features a few other interviews with Jared Leto, etc. and has a few cool pics of Chester that aren't included in the digital version.

I think this is one of the most well-written articles about what happened. It was a sad read, but it at least painted a picture and included insight from people close to Chester personally.

Yes, I agree. I think it's probably the best one out there. It keeps it professional and classy to a degree, while giving insight from some of his closest friends. I agree fully.

This article was all over social media but it deserves its own thread, damn... i'll never recover from Chester's death.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to post it, so that there is a thread for it. I think it's the best article out there, and may be the best we will ever get on the insight about Chester's final years.