Brad asking fans to come to Israel concert

Numbrocker

When I first posted this, I was going to originally title it "Controversy over LP playing Israel" but I thought that maybe I was blowing it out of proportion.

Now maybe I should've kept what I had.

@m_shinoda Our tour plans are about playing music for fans. Its not about politics. Stop tweeting me with nonsense or I will block you. Love, M :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?g...7072&ref=ts

I bet it's the same people. :S I feel so angry that they're being attacked for this. Linkin Park cares more about the world then most bands (MFR anyone?)! You should see some of these tweets! They're ridicoulous!!!

When I first posted this, I was going to originally title it "Controversy over LP playing Israel" but I thought that maybe I was blowing it out of proportion.

Now maybe I should've kept what I had.

@m_shinoda Our tour plans are about playing music for fans. Its not about politics. Stop tweeting me with nonsense or I will block you. Love, M :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?g...7072&ref=ts

I bet it's the same people. :S I feel so angry that they're being attacked for this. Linkin Park cares more about the world then most bands (MFR anyone?)! You should see some of these tweets! They're ridicoulous!!!

You could come up with a thread called "Controversy over (insert random thing) in Israel" and I'm sure there would be people who would view it as justification for spewing their political bullshit. Quite frankly, EVERYTHING that happens in Israel pisses off somebody. The Israelis and Palestinians still find reason to murder each other by the thousands over the fact that Israel even EXISTS, despite the fact that it's been an independent nation for 62 years. The governments on both sides don't show any signs of pulling their collective heads out of their asses anytime soon, so there'll always be idiots who will complain that anybody doing anything in Israel is an abomination for one reason or another.

All I hope is that the band doesn't encounter any issues putting on this show because of the cliques of dumbasses that control both governments over there.

All I hope is that the band doesn't encounter any issues putting on this show because of the cliques of dumbasses that control both governments over there.

Me too. That would be very sad for the fans there. Been looking and it seems like one girl (@soulfya) is now spearheading this with some backup, so I guess it's still not that big of a problem. She's just annoying a lot of people now.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is mainly dead, but I would just like to put in my two cents.

Just got back from a lecture by the Diplomatic representative to Florida and Puerto Rico for Israel. I told him how Linkin Park was going to be playing in Israel this winter, and how people were protesting against this happening due to political issues with Gaza and Palestine. He gave me his email to send him more about it because he wasn't too sure the entire situation (i.e. why there's a protest over a performance).

I'll let you guys know of his response, but his initial reaction was essentially "there's really no reason why this should even be causing such a problem among people"

I think being who he is, his opinion holds more weight than basically anyone protesting.