Mike Shinoda Live - 2018.06.19 New York City, New York
|01. Crossing A Line||Rehearsal; w/ The Roots|
|01. Crossing A Line||w/ The Roots|
|02. Crossing A Line||w/ The Roots|
- Mike performed 'Crossing A Line' with The Roots, who are the house band for The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon.
- Black Thought, the lead MC from the band, previously worked with Mike on 2005's 'Right Now' from Fort Minor's The Rising Tied.
- This was Mike's first solo TV performance since he performed 'Welcome' as Fort Minor on Conan in 2015.
- This is the first time Mike had a backing band perform with him during a solo performance.
- In a May 2020 stream on Pooch and Tater's "Wrong End of the Snake" series, they talked about this performance. Tater (monitors) explained that he wasn't allowed to touch anything because he isn't allowed to touch the console at a TV show. He immediately told Jim (production manager) when he heard the click track on the first performance of the song that he knew things were VERY wrong, but he couldn't touch anything. Mike said the house band (aka The Roots) was two measures off. In Mike's click track, he only heard himself and the click. He said he wanted to just keep going, and the band ended up just playing around Mike. Mike's manager was there and Mike immediately asked him how it was... his manager wanted to do it again. Tater explained the house guy had the wrong program open in the console. They ended up playing "Crossing A Line" again and then they were good to go on the second play.
Source 1a: Video - PROSHOT (NBC)
Time: 4:30 mins
Format: ? / ? MB
Comments: Uploaded to YouTube.
Source 1b: Video - PROSHOT (NBC HD)
Time: 4:21 mins
Format: .mp4 / 141.1 MB
Comments: Aired on June 19th, direct TV rip in 1080p. Posted on Sharemania.us.