Linkin Park Live - 2014.05.30
|Previous Show||Back to Year|
|Date:||May 30, 2014||Tour:||European Tour|
|Location:||Lisboa, PT||Event/Festival:||Rock in Rio VI|
|Venue:||Parque da Bela Vista||Show Number:||Show 1 of 9|
|Venue Type:||Outdoor||Stage:||World Stage|
Steve Aoki, * , Queens Of The Stone Age, Capital Inicial
|01. Mashup Intro #1||w/ The Catalyst, The Requiem, 1stp Klosr|
|02. Guilty All The Same|
|03. Given Up||Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note|
|04. Points Of Authority||Shortened Intro|
|05. One Step Closer||Ext. Outro|
|06. Blackout||Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition|
|07. Papercut||Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)|
|08. With You||Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse)|
|09. Runaway||Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Ext. Outro Transition|
|11. Castle Of Glass||Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro|
|12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent||Ballad Medley|
|13. Robot Boy||Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only)|
|14. Joe Solo Medley||w/ Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd|
|15. Burn It Down|
|16. Waiting For The End||Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks Verse 3; Wall Of Noise Outro|
|17. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe)||w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Skin To Bone Remix; Ext. Outro Transition|
|18. Numb||Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar|
|19. In The End|
|20. Faint||Ext. Outro|
|21. Until It's Gone||Ext. The Catalyst + No More Sorrow Mashup Intro; Ext. Outro Transition|
|22. A Light That Never Comes||w/ Steve Aoki; Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)|
|23. Lost In The Echo||Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse); Drum Transition Outro|
|24. Crawling||Shortened (Through First Chorus Only); w/ Faster Tempo|
|25. New Divide||Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse)|
|26. What I've Done||Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge|
|27. Bleed It Out||Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Sing-a-long; Ext. Ending|
- Linkin Park took the stage 25 minutes late. The show opening fireworks, etc started at the appropriate set time but the band was delayed quite a bit, likely because this was the first show for the new touring rig with new gear, etc. There was also just a 30 minute changeover before the band; Linkin Park usually requires a little longer at festival shows.
- A Portuguese flag was hung on Mike's keyboard during the show.
- Technical problems plagued the band for a second straight show, with Brad and Joe specifically having trouble during the performance.
- On the transition outro of 'Runaway', instead of rapping verse one of 'Wastelands', Mike said that he was going to skip that part of the show and threw out burned CDs to the crowd with 'Wastelands' on them.
- Mike's solo portion of the show featured a hybrid verse of 'Wretches And Kings', the chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and Mike's verse from the Nick Catchdubs remix of 'Skin To Bone'.
- Steve Aoki came out on 'A Light That Never Comes' (after watching a portion of Linkin Park's set from the side of the stage) but did not "perform" on it since he didn't have any gear set up. Before the show, Chester admitted that they didn't know Steve would be at the show until the night beforehand when they saw the festival lineup for the first time, so they didn't plan a legit collaboration with him.
- During the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', Rob performed a drum solo before the band sang a refrain from 'The Catalyst'.
- This is the first time in the band's history that they have kicked off a tour in a location that they have started a tour in before. The Living Things European Tour in May/June 2012 started at Rock In Rio Lisboa and The Hunting Party European Tour in May/June 2014 began at the festival as well. This ironically makes it two European Tours in a row that have started in Lisboa since the European Tour for fall 2012 did not end up happening. The 2008 performance at Rock In Rio didn't miss by much either, as it was just the second show of the European Tour in June 2008 after Skive Beach Party in Denmark.
- Like the 2012 show at Rock In Rio, Linkin Park had an act performing after them. Steve Aoki performed a set after the band; in 2012 it was the Smashing Pumpkins.
Source 1a: Video - PROSHOT (YouTube Webcast: Brazil 1080p)
Transfer: YouTube webstream (1080p) -> ffmpeg with m3u8 script -> uncompressed ts -> tssplitter (cut) -> mkvmerge
Time: 98 mins (full show)
Format: .MKV / 2.92 GB
Comments: Broadcasted live. Released on June 1, 2014 on DIME. Includes audio track from Source 1b as well. Taper: "The 48.0 KHz audio for the YouTube version is LOUD, so I muxed the 44.1 KHz audio from the Sapo broadcast as default track. The YouTube audio has a higher bitrate though so both tracks are included in the mkv."
Source 1b: Video - PROSHOT (Sapo Webcast: Portugal 720p)
Time: ? (full show)
Comments: Broadcasted live. 44.1 KHz audio muxed to Source 1a and released. The video of this recording has not been released.
Source 1c: Video - PROSHOT (YouTube Webcast: USA)
Time: ? mins
Comments: Broadcasted live. After the first 30 minutes, the webcast stopped since that was all that was scheduled to be shown. It picked back up a few songs later, and the missing songs mysteriously were available "on demand" if you rewinded the show. Source has not surfaced yet and might not since it would have been very difficult to get a full recording including the cut portion.
Source 1d: Video - PROSHOT (SIC Radical)
Time: ? mins
Comments: Broadcasted live on TV. No recording has surfaced yet.
Source 2: Video - AUD (Unknown) (Center Angle)
Time: ? mins
Comments: Front row shot. Full show available on YouTube.