Linkin Park Live - 2014.05.24 Tucson, Arizona
Sublime With Rome, Kongos, Memphis May Fire, New Politics, Skaters, Nico Vega
|01. Mashup Intro #1||Live Debut; w/ The Catalyst, The Requiem, 1stp Klosr|
|02. Guilty All The Same||Live Debut|
|03. Given Up||Ext. Clapping Intro; Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note|
|04. Points Of Authority||Shortened Intro|
|05. One Step Closer||Ext. Outro|
|06. Blackout||Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition|
|07. Papercut||Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)|
|08. With You||Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse)|
|09. Runaway||Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1|
|10. Wastelands||Live Debut|
|11. Castle Of Glass||Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro|
|12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent||Ballad Medley|
|13. Robot Boy||Live Debut; Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only)|
|14. Joe Solo Medley||Debut w/ Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd|
|15. Burn It Down|
|16. Waiting For The End||Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks Verse 3; Wall Of Noise Outro|
|17. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe)||Live Debut; w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Skin To Bone Remix; Ext. Outro Transition|
|18. Numb||Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar|
|19. In The End|
|20. Faint||Ext. Outro|
|21. Until It's Gone||Live Debut; Ext. The Catalyst + No More Sorrow Mashup Intro; Ext. Outro Transition|
|22. A Light That Never Comes||Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)|
|23. Lost In The Echo||Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse); Drum Transition Outro|
|24. Crawling||Shortened (Through First Chorus Only); w/ Faster Tempo|
|25. New Divide||Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse)|
|26. What I've Done||Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge|
|27. Bleed It Out||Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Sing-a-long; Ext. Ending|
- The band debuted a new setlist to kick off the world tour for The Hunting Party. For the first time, the setlist was divided into three "acts" and featured several different portions of the live show, several of which included shortened song versions.
- To start the show, a new intro mashup of 'The Catalyst' and 'The Requiem' was used. It featured mostly a shortened version of the middle of 'The Catalyst' instrumentally with 'The Requiem' over it.
- 'Guilty All The Same' featured several large technical difficulties during the beginning portion of the song. Both Brad and Mike's guitars were muted at different points. There were also further technical difficulties with Brad's guitar on 'Points Of Authority', as well as difficulties with samples on several songs ('Numb', 'Until it's Gone', and 'A Light That Never Comes'.). A noteworthy subject is that this was the first show for Brad's new guitar tech, with Sean Paden (June 2003 - January 2014) leaving before the touring cycle started. Chester messed up the lyrics in the second verse of the song.
- 'Points Of Authority' featured a new, shortened intro to the song.
- This was the first time that 'One Step Closer' has been performed outside of the first three songs of the show and its other "signature" spots (end of main set and in the encore).
- 'Blackout' was played in a short instrumental form, which started "Act II" in the setlist.
- Starting with 'Papercut', quite a few songs were played in shortened forms including 'With You', 'Runaway', 'A Light That Never Comes', 'Lost In The Echo', 'Crawling', and 'New Divide'.
- Chester screamed the "c'mon" intro on 'With You' for the first time since Warsaw 2012. That show was the first time that he did it on the entire Living Things World Tour. This is the first time since March 2002 (the end of Projekt Revolution 2002) that the studio intro of 'With You' was performed. It was "Reanimated" during the entire Meteora World Tour (including Japan in 2006) and had the Ext. Scratch Intro from 2012 to early 2014.
- On the transition outro of 'Runaway', Mike rapped verse one of 'Wastelands'.
- 'Castle Of Glass' (labeled the "Experience Version") was debuted as a mashup of the album version with Mike's Recharged remix. Only the intro/first verse came from the album version before it went into the remix portion of the song.
- To start "Act III", a portion of 'Robot Boy' was performed instrumentally with the intro, the synth breakdown (extended by Mike) and the ending (including Brad on guitar). This is the first time that any portion of the song has ever been played live. When the A Thousand Suns World Tour ended in 2011, 'Robot Boy' was the first Linkin Park song off of a major album (Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight, and A Thousand Suns) to have not been performed live.
- Joe's solo portion of the show featured parts of the 'Victimized' M. Shinoda remix from Recharged, 'Session', 'Buy Myself' (Marilyn Manson Remix), 'Cure For the Itch', and 'Plc.4 Mie Haed' from Reanimation.
- Mike's solo portion of the show featured the first verse of 'Wretches And Kings', a sped up chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and Mike's verse from the 'Skin To Bone' Nick Catchdubs remix from Recharged. The instrumental of the medley incorporated part of 'Wretches And Kings', part of the 'Skin To Bone' remix, part of 'Remember The Name', and part of 'In My Remains'. The first Hip Hop Medley for Linkin Park was in 2004 with 'Step Up/Nobody's Listening/It's Goin' Down'. Joe also assisted with the Mike solo medley (the only other member of the band on stage).
- A new intro for 'Numb' came directly from the medley before it and for the first time, a part of 'Numb/Encore' started the song. 'Numb/Encore' was used for both the intro and outro of the song. Brad's guitar part during the first verse of the song also is from 'Numb/Encore'.
- Mike played guitar for the first time on 'In The End' at this show. He picked up a guitar before the bridge of the song. This is the third song to feature a change instrumentally from Hybrid Theory. Mike began playing guitar on 'One Step Closer' in 2007 and began playing keyboard on 'Runaway' in 2012.
- 'Until It's Gone' featured a new intro for the song with parts of 'The Catalyst' and 'No More Sorrow' mashed up together with parts of 'Until It's Gone'.
- A new drum outro for 'Lost In The Echo' was added to the song. This was the first performance of the song at an actual concert without the 2012 Intro that it had from Bristow 2012 (its live debut) to earlier in 2014. The Third Encore SiriusXM performance in August 2012 didn't have an intro, but it was just a rehearsal for a few lucky fan winners. Mike messed up the lyrics in the second verse.
- The tempo of 'Crawling' was sped up to fit with 'New Divide'.
- 'What I've Done' featured a new, extended bridge with a longer guitar solo by Brad.
- During the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', Rob performed a drum solo before the band sang a refrain from 'The Catalyst'.
- This was the first time that 'Guilty All The Same', 'Wastelands', and 'Until It's Gone' were performed live.
- The new intro mashup debuted at this show, containing parts of 'The Catalyst, 'The Requiem', and '1stp Klosr'.
- This was the first time that 'Robot Boy' was performed. While it wasn't the full song, it was still the first time that the song has been played in any form.
- Mike and Joe got new solos. Joe's featured parts of various songs, including 'Cure For The Itch', 'Buy Myself' (Marilyn Manson Remix), 'Wretches and Kings', the 'Victimized' M. Shinoda remix from Recharged, 'Plc.4 Mie Haed' from Reanimation, and a bunch of other new sounds. Mike's solo included an instrumental mashup of 'Wretches and Kings', 'Skin To Bone', 'Remember The Name' by Fort Minor, and 'In My Remains'. Mike rapped verses of 'Wretches and Kings', 'Remember The Name', and the 'Skin To Bone' (Nick Catchdubs Remix) from Recharged.
- There was an incident before the Linkin Park set where Sublime With Rome accused the band (specifically Chester) of calling the police on them for smoking weed backstage. On May 27th, Mike tweeted: "LP didn't "call the cops" on @RomeMusica smoking pot. Not sure where the rumor came from. Definitely not my style, bummer it happened.", "We were at a meet & greet when Sublime was on stage, not dressing room. Wouldn't even know if there was smoke. CC: @AltPress @RomeMusica", and "If someone was "representing the band" to the cops in the venue about weed smoke, they were out of line."
- A presale for the event at local Tuscon Pizza Hut locations on April 12th featured tickets for only $35.
- An ad from KFMA incorrectly stated that the only way to meet Linkin Park at the event was to donate non-perishable food goods to the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona tent from 10:00am to 2:00pm to win a Meet And Greet pass.