Jacoby Shaddix shared his thoughts on LINKIN PARK's comeback.

JZLP-Benningstrong

"I really like that new [Linkin Park] song ['The Emptiness Machine']. I’ve had it on repeat; it’s got a great vibe,” Shaddix said, responding to a question about the band’s reunion with new vocalist Emily Armstrong.

He continued, "What’s wild is that one of our producers, Colin Brittain, who I’ve been working with for six or eight years now, is playing drums for them. He’s over the moon about it. He told me, 'I couldn’t pass up this opportunity,' and I was like, 'Go for it, man. People want to hear this music.' It’s great to see their work being celebrated.

"Sure, it’s a divisive topic, but I compare it to when Stone Temple Pilots lost Scott Weiland and Chester [Bennington] stepped in. He carried the rock and roll torch. So it makes sense that someone would now step in for him, to keep that message alive, especially since it’s a hopeful one."

When asked about the broader musician perspective on replacing band members who’ve passed away, Shaddix admitted to mixed feelings.

"It brought up some strange emotions in me. I started thinking about my own band and wondering, 'If I die, would I want my band to keep going?' Honestly, I don’t have a clear answer. It’s a bit different with Linkin Park since they’ve always had two singers. But for me personally? I don’t know. I’m sticking around, though. I don’t plan on going anywhere soon. I’m like a cockroach; I’m here to stay."

Min 55

On 9/26/2024 at 9:13 PM, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

"It brought up some strange emotions in me. I started thinking about my own band and wondering, 'If I die, would I want my band to keep going?' Honestly, I don’t have a clear answer. It’s a bit different with Linkin Park since they’ve always had two singers. But for me personally? I don’t know."

This is a great point. I'm sure every front man of a band may feel differently. With Chester being gone, we can't ask how he feels about LP continuing after his death.

That is exactly why I defer to the band and trust their decision to carry on, because they knew him and we didn't. So if anyone were in a position to come close to saying "Chester would want this" or "Chester wouldn't want this" it definitely wouldn't be any of the fans who have been saying exactly that all over the internet. It'd be the band.