Keys changed, tempo LP 2024

The key is changed, in other words the pitch of the songs is different. Emily's vocal range sits higher than Chester's, so she can't hit the lower notes that he can. Some songs have a drastic change, like Somewhere I Belong, which was originally their lowest tuned song at Drop A# (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong) and is now being played in Drop D or Drop C#, about 2 1/2 or 3 full steps higher than original. Some are less drastic, like Faint, being played a half step higher than original. That being said, some songs are played in the original key, like Lying From You.

The benefit is that Emily can sing the songs easier, as the vocal melodies fit more comfortably within her range and she doesn't have to strain to hit the lower notes that are out of her comfortable range. A lot of bands do this, however they usually lower the key of their songs so they don't have to strain to hit higher notes. LP did this at the tribute show when Oli Sykes did Crawling. This is a rare instance of a band raising the key of the songs, hence why people are so thrown off by the changes.

10 hours ago, GC377 said:

The key is changed, in other words the pitch of the songs is different. Emily's vocal range sits higher than Chester's, so she can't hit the lower notes that he can. Some songs have a drastic change, like Somewhere I Belong, which was originally their lowest tuned song at Drop A# (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong) and is now being played in Drop D or Drop C#, about 2 1/2 or 3 full steps higher than original. Some are less drastic, like Faint, being played a half step higher than original. That being said, some songs are played in the original key, like Lying From You.

The benefit is that Emily can sing the songs easier, as the vocal melodies fit more comfortably within her range and she doesn't have to strain to hit the lower notes that are out of her comfortable range. A lot of bands do this, however they usually lower the key of their songs so they don't have to strain to hit higher notes. LP did this at the tribute show when Oli Sykes did Crawling. This is a rare instance of a band raising the key of the songs, hence why people are so thrown off by the changes.

Bands like Metallica or Megadeth whose singers have blown up their voices after years of abuse/mistreating, have lowered their songs like half step or even a whole step. What LP have done isn't very usual. At first I thought that it sounded like this due to a mixing problem!

I know Muse does it too for certain songs, specially the oldest ones like songs from Showbiz album (1999) or even Madness (2012), which they play half step down from their original tone.

Somewhere I Belong I think they played until this tour in Eb (like A Place for my head for example) but they tune it up a whole step. Another song they pitched up is What i've done with half step up, 'cuz I played it along the streaming show with my bass and it's half step higher than usual.