Rene Mata amazing post about Chester (and Grey Daze)

Somebodyangry

Yesterday, on Amends’ first anniversary, Rene Mata shared a memory of what he wrote a year ago saying “something will always hurt”. The message was accompanied by a picture of him and Sean Dowdell.
Here it is: 

“In June of 2018 I was completely lost and heartbroken. It was coming up on the first year without you. June was the first time I spoke to your brother @sean_dowdell . ( I know he brought us together & now he’s my brother ) I remember I was in tremendous pain depression almost hesitated and asked myself if I could do this? I knew one thing. I had to do this. What a journey these two years were. All the amazing people involved all the new friendships. All the love for you brotha . There were times I felt I couldn’t listen to another note and @jaybaumgardner was like we can do this. I’ve said this before I never got a chance to say goodbye. This is my goodbye to my brother. I will see again one day. Your a loved man and your light is still shining that love . Still bringing people together. Today your even shining brighter your beloved band @greydazeofficial is out for the world to hear today .  I love you & I miss you @chesterbe #amends #foryouchester”.