Chester Bennington Live - 2005.09.10 Nashville, Tennessee
|01. Home Sweet Home||w/ Chester Bennington|
- ReAct Now: Music & Relief was a four and a half hour long benefit concert that was aired on MTV, VH1, CMT, MTV2, MTVU, etc, which raised about $30 million for Hurricane Katrina relief efforts via the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, and America's Second Harvest (which has been changed to Feeding America in 2008). It featured both live and taped performances from artists in New York, Los Angeles and Nashville.
- Chester participated in the event joining Motley Crue to perform their classic 'Home Sweet Home', and also performed his own song 'Let Down' with Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh from Orgy/Julien-K and, later, Dead By Sunrise. The page for their 'Let Down' performance can be found in Dead By Sunrise's section of the site.
- Traveling overnight from a concert the night before in Birmingham, AL, Motley Crue hooked up Chester and producer Desmond Child in Nashville to perform on the event. Within hours of the television performance they had arranged for a 26-member gospel choir and 25-piece orchestra to record a new studio version of the song at Nashville's Oceanway Studios. Motley Crue then proceeded directly to the Starwood Amphitheater to play their previously scheduled concert, arriving within minutes of show time. "It was a whirlwind 24 hours, but everyone rose to the occasion" said the song's Executive Producer and Motley Crue manager, Allen Kovac.
- The studio version of the song was released on iTunes on September 27th and was later heavily distributed by other US digital music services through The Orchard marketing company. 100% of the proceeds has been donated to the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief Effort and Mercy Corps. The music video partially consisted of the live footage from the event was released on the same day on AOL Music.
- Motley Crue's bassist Nikki Sixx: "Chester was originally scheduled to play the MTV "ReAct Now" benefit concert in Los Angeles but when he heard what we were doing he wanted to help with this song and video and chose to do his performance in Nashville with us. He flew in late the night before and was in the studio early the next morning. Chester is a real artist that will be making a difference for a long time."
- A CD single release was planned for the song for traditional retail outlets and was going to include exclusive behind-the-scenes "making of" documentary, but it was never released.
Source 1: Video - PROSHOT (MTV Germany)
Transfer: TV > Pinnacle PCTV DVB-S > DVDM
Time: 7:49 mins
Format: DVD M / 488 MB
Comments: 'Let Down' and 'Home Sweet Home' only.