Linkin Park Live - 2013.06.28 Salt Lake City, Utah
Stone Temple Pilots
|01. The Messenger
- Chester and Phoenix performed 'The Messenger' acoustically to celebrate the opening of the Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- This was the first time Phoenix has played guitar on 'The Messenger'.
- The performance is listed on the Linkin Park 2013 page instead of on the Chester Bennington page because of two band members performing the song instead of just one. Since we list the LPU Summit performances with two band members on the Linkin Park pages, we will continue to do so for all performances in which two or more band members are performing a song.
- Chester also performed 'Pretty Penny' and 'Big Empty' with Stone Temple Pilots at this event.
- The performances were not announced to the public beforehand and were only discovered after a few news reports and videos of the show surfaced.
- A news report about the event read: "17-year-old Sophie Barton died of a heart attack while hiking with friends in Summit County. She was a talented singer who often performed for patients at Primary Children's Medical Center. A musical therapy room, named in honor of Sophie, opened on Friday. It's the first of its kind in any childrens hospital in the country."
Source 1: Video - PROSHOT (YouTube: Sophie's Place)
Time: ? mins
Format: ? (720p)
Comments: All three songs were uploaded to the Sophie's Place YouTube channel. This is considered a proshot due to the mix of camera angles interlaced with footage of children at Sophie's Place. The audio is a raw mic recording.