Linkin Park Returning to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

suffeylp

It appears that Linkin Park will return to Malaysia for the first time in ten years! A show in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for August 19th is scheduled for the band, which will take place at National Stadium (aka Stadium Nasional Bukit Jalil).

They last played Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on October 15, 2003 between festival shows in Australia (show page here). This show will be tacked on to the end of the Asian Tour, which already has five shows announced.

This makes it six shows for Asia in August:

10.08.2013 Tokyo, JP (Summer Sonic)

11.08.2013 Osaka, JP (Summer Sonic)

13.08.2013 Pasay City, PH

15.08.2013 Chek Lap Kok, HK (9th LPU Summit)

17.08.2013 Taipei, TW

19.08.2013 Kuala Lumpur, MY

Sources here, here, here, and here.

What will be added next? Seoul? Bangkok? Jakarta?

6/14 EDIT: Show confirmed by the band: "We've just added a show in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on August 19. LPU pre-sale starts Wednesday, June 19 at http://LPUnderground.com."

7/4 EDIT: A Malaysian newspaper article's interview with the Kuala Lumpur promoter confirms that there will not be shows in Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore on this tour:

"The band is exclusively touring Malaysia in this part of the region.

"This is because Thailand, In­done­sia and Singapore are not included due to the limited time available from the band," said an official of The WonderLand+, the concert organiser."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's gonna be 3rd week of august 2013...warner music, why your news so slow? we knew about it like 1.5 months back

Alyssa : we do have to wait for some deals to get finalised and green light to break the news. You can share your breaking news on our page next time too.

Edited by Skipees

when was the 1st time they played? good news,new city,new crowd,I dnno about malaysian crowd,hope they'll rock if it's not a rumor

First time they came here (Malaysia) was 2003 and that time i missed the show as I'm still under age for concert. I'm sure we will rock the concert just like the others. :)

stil waiting the official announcement from LP.

considering how bad I want to see them again since '09, it's ace to see them hitting up places that haven't seen them since goddamn the Meteora World Tour!

I don't think a summit in Kuala Lumpur is likely since the HK one will probably be considered to have covered the area, but still - I can imagine how excited the Malaysian fans must be :D

I was browsing the sources and the third one brought up something interesting...

@AshleyOoi yes. More details to be revealed soon. They will be also coming to some south east asia country in August too.

Thailand and Indonesia seem to be a better possibility now! Maybe even India?

and yes I am super excited for this! and hope i have the chance for M&G session. i'm part of LPU! but then no official words from them yet isnt it?

You will definitely have a good chance at a M&G! The band has not confirmed it yet but I would expect an announcement within a few days if the word is already getting out. Usually the rumors of a confirmed show aren't out for more than a week before the band confirms it.

They definitely wouldn't do two LPU Summits in one region of the world during one tour, lol

yes of course, I'd seen some people talking somewhere about the possibility of a Summit. which yeah, was odd :lol:

Wow, not bad! Didn't see this one coming :) Congrats to the fans there that have waited for a very long time.

Thanks dude. :) It's like my wish come true. You've got no idea,been waiting for this moment,after 10 years they finally decide to come back. hopefully this will be true. :D

the first time they came,i missed it as i'm still a kid and my parent wont allow me but this time,i'll make sure i'll be in the front row. ;)

screams, jump around or wear shorts onstage allowed this time? i mean the rules has been changed?

I'm not sure bout that but the last time A7X drop by Malaysia,they're allowed to cursing and more. i hope those rules will be drop from the Rules and Regulations.

and yes I am super excited for this! and hope i have the chance for M&G session. i'm part of LPU! but then no official words from them yet isnt it?

Official word just announced about the show. LPU Pre-Sale tickets on Wednesday, June 19. If there's a M&G it will probably show up on the site then. :)