Submit Site Corrections Here 2.0

Actually yes I just added all of the official statements by the band to every canceled show I could find, in the new database. Not reflected on 4.0 since we aren't updating it anymore, but it's there in the new version. Funny that you post that since I just did that work today :)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Delson:

12.06.2009 | Los Angeles, CA | UCLA College | Letters & Science Commencement Ceremony

Setlist:
1. I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman (Britney Spears Cover)

|

Here are some notes regarding Family Values 2001 thing: - The song "Wonderful" by Stone Temple Pilots and Chester from the Family Values CD (released in 2002) is not a live track. It was completely recorded in the studio AFTER the Family Values tour and the crowd noise was added. It was confirmed by highly reliable source. I was hoping to get some more details on the subject, but no luck. During the interview with the Baltimore radiostation in 2002 Scott said that the track was recorded during a pre-show acoustic set for radio contest winners. There were at least 3 acoustic radio sets in between Family Values shows, but none of them featured Chester. Interesting that during the Sacramento show Scott said that "Linkin Park and STP are putting a song together and it should be out fairly soon". It certainly doesn't sound like he was talking about releasing a live recording at that point. Also, there's not many recordings to confirm this as solid fact, but it looks like Scott first started to sing "Aaaahhh-Ahhh" over the solo somewhere in 2002 and it kinda confirms the fact that they came up with this version long after the Family Values tour. They planned to release the track as the lead single from the FV 2001 CD with some kind of music video, but the plans were scrapped. - There was a single report that Chester once joined Staind on stage to perform "Outside" somewhere at the beginning of the tour. It was never confirmed by anybody or anything else. - The tour's itinerary was rerouted many times and 5 shows were canceled altogether. The official tour Web site stated: "Due to circumstances beyond our control the Family Values Tour required rerouting. Several shows previously scheduled will no longer take place; these are: Houston, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Little Rock, and Las Vegas. These shows will not be rescheduled for a later date." Here are some of the announced itineraries: October 11th Cleveland, OH - CSU Convocation Center October 12th Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena October 13th St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center October 15th Auburn Hills, MI - Palace Of Auburn Hills October 16th Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse October 18th Washington, DC - MCI Center October 19th Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center October 20th Toronto, ON - Toronto Skydome October 22nd Philadelphia, PA - First Union Center October 26th Worcester, MA - The Centrum October 30th Charlotte, NC - Charlotte Coliseum October 31st Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena November 2nd Fort Lauderdale, FL - National Car Rental Center November 3rd Tampa, FL - Ice Palace November 4th Biloxi, MS - Miss. Coast Coliseum November 6th Dallas, TX - Reunion Arena November 7th Houston, TX - Compaq Center November 9th San Antonio, TX - Alamodome November 10th North Little Rock, AR - Alltel Arena November 11th Oklahoma City, OK - Myriad Convention Ctr. November 13th Phoenix, AZ - Veterans Memorial Coliseum November 14th Las Vegas, NV - Thomas & Mack Center November 16th Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena November 17th Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome November 20th Sacramento, CA - ARCO Arena November 21st Oakland, CA - Network Associates Coliseum November 23rd Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond November 24th Los Angeles, CA - Forum October 11 - Cleveland, OH @ CSU Convocation Center October 12 - Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena October 13 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center October 15 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills October 16 - Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse October 18 - Washington, DC @ MCI Center October 19 - Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center October 20 - Toronto, ON @ Toronto Skydome October 22 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Union Center October 23 - Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Coliseum October 24 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena October 27 - Worcester, MA @ The Centrum October 28 - Buffalo, NY @ HSBC Arena October 30 - Charlotte, NC @ Charlotte Coliseum October 31 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena November 2 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ National Car Rental Center November 3 - Tampa, FL @ Ice Palace November 4 - Biloxi, MS @ Mississippi Coast Coliseum November 6 - Dallas, TX @ Reunion Arena November 7 - Houston, TX @ Compaq Center November 9 - San Antonio, TX @ Alamodome November 10 - North Little Rock, AR @ Alltel Arena November 11 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Myriad Convention Center November 13 - Phoenix, AZ @ Veterans Memorial Coliseum November 14 - Las Vegas, NV @ Thomas & Mack Center November 16 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden Arena November 17 - Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome November 19 - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena November 20 - Sacramento, CA @ ARCO Arena November 23 - Inglewood, CA @ The Forum November 24 - Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond

As much as I don't like Wonderful being a fake live track, I think it adds a good vibe to the track and makes it better imo. That the song was recorded after the tour seems to make sense. I'd think it's really stressful to record a song in a studio during a tour. It sounds like the tour was changed before the shows went on sale. I remember seeing those dates a while ago.

so we are gonna delete this?

http://lplive.net/chesterbennington/2001xxxx.php

and add the cancelled dates? or because it was changed early there's point to add them?

I think the page should be deleted, however the information on this track is still should be somewhere on the site. IMO, the perfect place would be the Tour Summary / Information page (you can see the link at the top of Chester's page) that is still "under construction".

I can't think of the better place for this kind of info as well as all of the unconfirmed rumors about Chester joining various bands on stage, like Staind on "Outside" during Family Values tour and Adema on "Giving In" during Projekt Revolution 2002.

I think staff should definitely add those 5 canceled dates. No need to point out the rescheduled ones, though.

As much as I don't like Wonderful being a fake live track, I think it adds a good vibe to the track and makes it better imo.

I wouldn't say it adds anything to the track, but I definitely don't love the track less. It's a fantastic recording that for some reasons needed to be released the way it was.

you know what? this is just stupid, why to say it's live track if it's not? why to add fake crowd noise if they never played this song together anyway?

---

http://lplive.net/shows/20080125.php

Show Notes:
- This was the longest show the band has ever played according to the LP LIVE SBD runtime.

Source 0: Audio - SBD (LP LIVE)
Time: 100:07 mins
Format: mp3 / 320 kbit/s

http://lplive.net/shows/20121008.php

Source 0: Audio - SBD (LP LIVE)
Time: 102:18 mins
Format: mp3 / 320 kbit/s

i didn't checked if we have longer than this.

you know what? this is just stupid, why to say it's live track if it's not? why to add fake crowd noise if they never played this song together anyway?

There's a simple explaination. It's a live CD. Would be the same thing as putting a studio track in the middle of live in texas.

There's a simple explaination. It's a live CD. Would be the same thing as putting a studio track in the middle of live in texas.

you can be sure i thought about it, and that was one of my points - they never played this song together anyway. so from the first place it's not should be in the CD.

i don't know all the setlists of the bands in Family Values 2001 Tour, but i can guess this song is the only one that never played in the tour.

A lot of bands release studio tracks on live albums. They could have added Wonderful as a bonus track at the end of the album.

A lot of bands release studio tracks on live albums. They could have added Wonderful as a bonus track at the end of the album.

Yes but Wonderful was originally intended as a single from this album, so it kinda makes sense.

Ok I will put the Wonderful info on the Tour Summary/Information page. That's genius. Also, I will add a note to the Sacramento show. Awesome info LESTAT. If you could, also link me to the source about Chester joining Staind. Also tomorrow I will sit down and figure out exactly how to do the rescheduled/canceled shows. I will find a way to incorporate it all and I'll get it added to the new version of the site where we are adding all of our info, so everyone can see it when we launch this year. Thanks everyone for all the good information.

Be glad it's one relatively obscure song and not an entire "live album" that was recorded that way. You'd be surprised how many bands are guilty of that.

If you could, also link me to the source about Chester joining Staind.

If I remember right that info came from one of those really old fansites and I think all the info we ever got that it was possibly performed.

If you could, also link me to the source about Chester joining Staind.

If I remember right that info came from one of those really old fansites and I think all the info we ever got that it was possibly performed.

Sorry, can't find the link. It was from some very old site indeed. Not LP fansite, I think. All I remember is that there no details about it at all. It was sort of a report about the tour that just kicked off. The post reported about various on stage collaborations and mentioned Chester joining Staind on "Outside" among others without any further info.

I never understood why people even think Live in texas was possibly recorded in a studio.

too much edited. i know it's live recording, but sometimes you can easily forgot about it when you listen to LIT.

"KROQ Almost Acoustic highlights posted by Jas, 12/23/03 KROQ has posted video hightlights of the bands performing at this year's Almost Acoustic Christmas show. LP playing 'Faint' is the clip shown." Add a note that Faint was on KROQ.com. "Pictures: Fuse's IMX present Linkin Park posted by Jas, 12/08/03 Linkin Park appears on Fuse's IMX show at Fuse's IMX Studios in Penn Plaza December 4, 2003 in New York City. These pictures One, Two and Three are from Getty Images" I also am curious as to what this is. I guess not a performance. Brad and Mike did like a 30 min interview on Summer Sanitarium there but this one is probably just where Chester visited.