What is the "holy grail" now?

Astat

Honestly, the holy grails for me would be:

-Toronto 28.11.2000 (MuchMusic TV Special & any other unknown sources)

-The show where Pictureboard was played (Any recording of the song from that show is acceptablt)

-The Raw videos from Mark Ostrick from the Lockout Rehearsal http://lplive.net/shows/db/2000andearlier/20000224

[someone please win the million dollar lottery :P]

-Toronto 05.07.2003 http://lplive.net/shows/db/2003/20030705(MuchLOUD Special, since I think it's lost)

-Xero Proshot http://lplive.net/shows/19971114.php

-Live at the Fillmore 2001 http://lplive.net/shows/db/2001/20010130Complete Documentary

-San Bernardino 2001 http://lplive.net/shows/db/2001/20010203Complete Proshot

-Wantagh, NY 09.08.2001 http://lplive.net/shows/db/2001/20010809Complete HBO Reverb Footage

-Docklands, UK 16.09.2001 http://lplive.net/shows/db/2001/20010916(Completely Unedited workprint with timecode at bottom)

-Mexico City 2002 http://lplive.net/shows/db/2002/20020302Unknown Proshot source

-Smokeout Festival 2003 http://lplive.net/shows/db/2003/20031115Full PROSHOT

-Bangkok, TH 2004 http://lplive.net/shows/db/2004/20040620LEGIT PROSHOT

Some may not seem like much, but the Toronto stuff, Pictureboard, Lockout and Xero

stuff are top priority

I agree with your list (Y)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

1. A recording from 1999. Of course a HQ or SBD one would be preferred but really anything.

2. PR02 show in SBD/HQ. Maybe just the whole show they took Step Up and My December from for the SIB single (San Diego 2002).

3. Chiba 2006 full SBD/HQ. The show they used for LPU6 and the WID single. Possibly would be their greatest live release ever.

4. 2009 ATS demos

5. 2013 show in SBD/HQ. (Pooch still recorded all 2013 shows even though no DSP's.)

6. 2016 OML demos.

Edited by Garret

• 5 years later...

I think the remaining holy grail items people know about are:

"Webster Hall" making of MTM footage

No Roads Left with Chester

Friendly Fire, I guess

Live shows:

Tokyo 2006

Full Roxy 2004

MFR 2005?

There are some really good ones like KROQ 2007 Acoustic Xmas, MSG 2008, Berlin 2008, etc. They have enough shows to go forever on releases.

HT20 and M20 really took the list down. We got She Couldn't, Pictureboard, Projekt Revolution 2002, Fillmore 2001, a ton of Meteora era shows including a PR 2004 proshot everyone wanted, Nottingham 2003 in full with the missing songs, Lost (thoughts that take away my pride), Wizard Song (Resolution), a bunch of tracks we didn't even know existed (More the Victim, Fighting Myself, Massive, Healing Foot, etc). We got a ton of stuff. Let's see what happens in the next few years.

I'd love any missing DSPs as Joze said. There are 2007 shows missing - I know they must have Las Vegas 2007 (we still don't even know what was over Points of Authority at that show... wild), probably some Europe shows before Projekt Rev. They didn't just decide to record every single show with Projekt Rev - they probably recorded some leading up to it. Maybe not all. But would love the missing 2007 shows, there is an entire 2008 tour missing in Europe which has amazing setlists. 2009 has missing shows. 2012.

They can easily just toss random shows out over time, like X Games 2012, KROQ 2012 - there is nothing released from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 for full shows. Would love to see them release a 3-4 shows per year somehow online from the vault; I'd buy them all. A shame we are missing so many good shows - Europe 2007, Europe 2008, Australia 2013, Asia 2013 specifically. The early 2015 shows were really good too.

48 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Friendly Fire, I guess

Live shows:

Tokyo 2006

Full Roxy 2004

MFR 2005?

There are some really good ones like KROQ 2007 Acoustic Xmas, MSG 2008, Berlin 2008, etc. They have enough shows to go forever on releases.

HT20 and M20 really took the list down. We got She Couldn't, Pictureboard, Projekt Revolution 2002, Fillmore 2001, a ton of Meteora era shows including a PR 2004 proshot everyone wanted, Nottingham 2003 in full with the missing songs, Lost (thoughts that take away my pride), Wizard Song (Resolution), a bunch of tracks we didn't even know existed (More the Victim, Fighting Myself, Massive, Healing Foot, etc). We got a ton of stuff. Let's see what happens in the next few years.

I'd love any missing DSPs as Joze said. There are 2007 shows missing - I know they must have Las Vegas 2007 (we still don't even know what was over Points of Authority at that show... wild), probably some Europe shows before Projekt Rev. They didn't just decide to record every single show with Projekt Rev - they probably recorded some leading up to it. Maybe not all. But would love the missing 2007 shows, there is an entire 2008 tour missing in Europe which has amazing setlists. 2009 has missing shows. 2012.

They can easily just toss random shows out over time, like X Games 2012, KROQ 2012 - there is nothing released from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 for full shows. Would love to see them release a 3-4 shows per year somehow online from the vault; I'd buy them all. A shame we are missing so many good shows - Europe 2007, Europe 2008, Australia 2013, Asia 2013 specifically. The early 2015 shows were really good too.

Agreed with everything you said. I’d definitely buy them too. There’s still so much they have yet to be released. Probably from the old days too, I’d love to have one of the shows from the POA video for example, maybe another PR02 show that doesn’t have the Live In Texas style editing. I’m sure they may have a PR03 show, they left Reading off the box set, a Meteora Arena tour one too, MTM definitely has some shows such as Rock Am Ring 07, Europe Summer 08. ATS era, MSG11 full, would be cool to have Brazil 2010 in full video as well. Crazy how there’s nothing from 2013 onwards officially released. I’d love for one of the 2013 shows to be released, the band sounded great. For THP we definitely need Download 2014 in full, it also would be good to have a fixed version of Berlin 2014 or Beijing 2015 without all the text overlayed. A 2017 show would be incredible, especially one of the UK ones. 

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Friendly Fire, I guess

Live shows:

Tokyo 2006

Full Roxy 2004

MFR 2005?

As you said, the band has tons of shows recorded on video from 2000 to 2017. The band has a lot of material safe in the Vault.
if the band releases at least 2 or 3 shows each year, it would be incredible. we would all pay for it very happily.
Imagine there is a show from PR 02 (Complete, without mixes of shows and without cuts), the show in DETROIT 03 complete, a show from PR03, MFR 05, Summer Sonic 06 (I dream about this show), etc, etc.. ..

I'm also grateful for what we have over time of released shows and some leaked ones, but that would be incredible for the fans.
If you hear some way of this idea reaching Mike and the others and Warner it would be good. I'm sure thousands of fans would buy these shows.

Edited by thigolpbr

I can see MTM20 having great potential, even if they release one disc with plenty of those seeds that might be very short, I imagine there's some gems like Fear and Drum Song and my guess is that the lead single is either that 15th song nobody is sure which about, or a demo of one of the singles with Chaz vocals.

Then ATS is difficult with early demos being totally different and the whole concept album thing, but it's the anniversary I imagine the greatest Deluxe Set for design-wise.

LT is a 50/50 and THP has like no material I guess. OML will certainly be interesting and will make up for THP being the most rushed album of those. 100% PR goes CHESTERS LAST SONG and YT/TikTok will be like THIS IS HIS CRY OUT FOR HELP, HIS FINAL MESSAGE even though the songs will be written entirely by Mike and a featured producer.

3 hours ago, LPsMart said:

100% PR goes CHESTERS LAST SONG and YT/TikTok will be like THIS IS HIS CRY OUT FOR HELP, HIS FINAL MESSAGE even though the songs will be written entirely by Mike and a featured producer.

For those people even Underground 8 is the ultimate proof of his suicidal thoughts 

From HT to MTM, prior to the "boxset era" we had certain knowledge of band's officially unreleased demos, whether we've actually heard them or not: Pictureboard, She Couldn't, Grecian... So, we can make our wishlists. In other words, We know that we don't know things, BUT songs like Lost totally slipped under our radar, and proved us that in the end, we don't know what we don't know. I'm pretty sure that in every album there's potentially some more Lost-esque tracks ready to blow the charts off.

While ATS-onwards is the great unknown, we barely know any demos besides the ones released on the LPU, so we can be surprised with anything and it's hard to make any guess.

Speaking of live stuff, I categorize them in two groups: The Live album/DVD stuff, like Rock am Ring 01, Nottingham 03, or Projekt Revolution 02, which could be sold to a mainstream audience, since their quality is superb. 

The SBD stuff: Fillmore 01, Manilla 04, Denver 04, which is practically taken straight from the mixing desk and published. Its sound is way more raw, and it's meant for us, basically.

Between both, I think we can basically ask for anything. 

I think that the SBD stuff will be more common, but having into account that technology has been improving since 2007 and we know of quite a few shows from MTM and beyond with perfect quality, I think the next box sets are gonna be even better regarding to live recordings. 

Just expect the unexpected. 

1 hour ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

"THP has like no material I guess"

Impossible 

Digging deeper, I think you're completely right

-We've got like 3 instrumentals with Tom Morello unreleased and

-we know that there's more to Apes.

-White Noise was recorded for Mall but lyrics are seen in the LPTV to THP.

-Odyssey will be interesting, I hope they release a ATS demo in 2030 and another one for THP20.

-We have Spotify/Lifejacket already on HPOATT, but both desperately need mixing.

-The Glistening is probably another The Summoning but who knows.

Then we also know every single working title afaik, so we might be in for something Mike would no longer refer to as demo, but what it used to be on LPU.aqaaaa

On 1/27/2024 at 6:12 PM, LPLStaff said:

there is an entire 2008 tour missing in Europe which has amazing setlists

Honestly, that's the holy grail for me right now. I just want more RME soundboard recordings.

Japan 06 would be nice since we'd get a proshot too!

It's already a crime that this song was tossed from the set at Milton Keynes. Imagining this alternate reality always haunts me.

1 hour ago, Rasputin 93 said:

Honestly, that's the holy grail for me right now. I just want more RME soundboard recordings.

Japan 06 would be nice since we'd get a proshot too!

It's already a crime that this song was tossed from the set at Milton Keynes. Imagining this alternate reality always haunts me.

And no Jay Z in the set.

PS: I love Collision Course but I don't like a half cooked Numb/Encore and Jigga What/Faint taking the place of the original song 

20 hours ago, bloodbath said:

And no Jay Z in the set.

PS: I love Collision Course but I don't like a half cooked Numb/Encore and Jigga What/Faint taking the place of the original song 

Speaking of collision course, let's hope that this year the band releases Full Roxy 2004.🤞 

The show in Anaheim 2005 would also be amazing  have the Full proshot.

Edited by thigolpbr

My holy grail is Apes and other THP demos because it's my 3rd favorite era. ATS era is also good because they have so much heavy stuff in pocket. I hope they'll release it all. MTM era - Grecian, NRL with Chester, Japan, Fire In The City and maybe some heavy demo if it does exist. LT era - Castle Of Glass (Linkin Park Remix) and all demos from LT songs + some good unknown demos.

You weren't kidding about us getting loaded up with our grails the last few years. Pictureboard, Could Have Been, Hybrid Theory EP on Streaming, Lost/Thoughts/Resolution/Wizard Song (still fucking insane that it's all one song from different eras of Meteora), we got Cumulus, The Drum Track demo, a SHIT TON of Meteora track demos (Cuidado is still a phenomenal little demo) plus all the proshots I don't have the time or care to mention because jesus christ they've been hooking us up. It gets harder and harder to decide on our grails, BUT, there are some things I personally need to see still. 

- Deftest (We were SO FUCKING CLOSE and you mean to tell me NOBODY fucking snagged it???)

- Dreamer, Weight, P O I N T I L L I S M, Ashes, and Turn to Grey

- Live Recordings of Pictureboard, Part of Me (I NEED to know which set of lyrics/screams over pre-chorus or not/"I feel it every day" over the bridge they went with)

- A live Xero show (I'll take anything at this rate, Mark OR Chaz even if I don't like the Mark stuff all that much)

- And One (Live Studio Ver.)

- Grecian
- No Roads Left with Chester (This ain't a want, baby, it's a need)

- Fire in the CIty 

- Get What I Deserve

- Friendly Fire

- Fucking Awesome (HOW is nobody curious about this? Chaz clearly liked it a lot to call it 'Fucking Awesome' and Brad clearly really wanted it too.)

- Ricochet

- Looking For An Answer (Studio)

Edited by SardonicallyParanoid
Added NRL and AND ONE

Our working theory on Deftest is the auction never sold. We never heard more about it and we certainly kept an eye on it. The person would have been a hardcore fan if it sold and at least posted about it somewhere. Everything we tracked on that auction made it seem like the seller pulled it randomly.