What is the "holy grail" now?

Astat

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random ass question (but actually relating to our discussion somehow): If they decide to release pre-2007 DSPs, would you guys release them here?

if older DSPs were released in the same format as the current ones - paid service, web hosting - then I would guess not, they would be covered by the same "no links to anything bought on downloads.linkinpark.com" rule.

if they were released publicly for free, then I think that'd be permitted on here. however I cannot imagine that they would be released without some sort of financial pre-requisite

Can anyone explain to me the difference of Making of MTM ''Webster Hall Version' and the DVD one?

Basically, it was a totally different version, with the band talking way more about the songs and a bunch of LPTV footage never shown again. They showed us Bleed It Out with just the party, how they put the vocals on it, how they made Hands Held High with each band member singing the chorus, then showed us individual band members doing it, they showed us how the scream in Given Up came about, how Chester could scream for 1 minute entirely, etc. Just a bunch of really awesome stuff. You guys would love it.

Basically, it was a totally different version, with the band talking way more about the songs and a bunch of LPTV footage never shown again. They showed us Bleed It Out with just the party, how they put the vocals on it, how they made Hands Held High with each band member singing the chorus, then showed us individual band members doing it, they showed us how the scream in Given Up came about, how Chester could scream for 1 minute entirely, etc. Just a bunch of really awesome stuff. You guys would love it.

sounds very interesting... thanks for the info.

then showed us individual band members doing it

:lol: :lol:

WOW.Really interesting.

how Chester could scream for 1 minute entirely

1 minute!?!?for what?!?!

Making of Minutes to Midnight (Webster Hall movie theater showing version)

IF i have the list of all the theaters it was showed with zip codes, it can help finding it? Edited by Skipees

IF i have the list of all the theaters it was showed with zip codes, it can help finding it?

Probably not.. I am sure people have tried to get it in the past. The best way would have Adam or Mark Fiore give it to us or maybe the LPU since they upload all LPTV episodes and stuff.

IF i have the list of all the theaters it was showed with zip codes, it can help finding it?

Sadly no because it was streamed live to the theaters, so there aren't any copies that exist. If it was on DVDs or something that were sent out, we'd have one by now because within the last 5 or so years one would have definitely popped up on eBay.

These all sound awesome, especially the Webster Hall footage. I'd love for a Pre Orlando/Xero show.

Though I will say my personal Holy Grail will forever be the ATS Release Show in New York. It kills me that Pooch said they have the DSP, but LP just didn't release it.

These all sound awesome, especially the Webster Hall footage. I'd love for a Pre Orlando/Xero show.

Though I will say my personal Holy Grail will forever be the ATS Release Show in New York. It kills me that Pooch said they have the DSP, but LP just didn't release it.

Pooch did say they have the DSP? I always wondered this. It was definitely a great show, and I really do wish we got the DSP for it. I was front row and the band was spot on. Cool little set, too. I think still to this day, the only show that opened with The Requiem/The Radiance/New Divide. I know they opened with The Requiem/New Divide before, but never with The Radiance.

Isnt that show also the only one with the studio version of The Radiance (unless you count the Requiem w/ Oppenheimer as The Radiance) played ever? That show would be awesome

Yeah, it was the only studio performance I think. It was awesome.

Pooch did say they have the DSP? I always wondered this. It was definitely a great show, and I really do wish we got the DSP for it. I was front row and the band was spot on. Cool little set, too. I think still to this day, the only show that opened with The Requiem/The Radiance/New Divide. I know they opened with The Requiem/New Divide before, but never with The Radiance.

I can't remember when, but I think he said it. I do remember for sure he said he didn't think LP would ever release it. But yeah with the album version of The Radiance, and just personally how much I enjoyed the show in general, I'd love to have a proshot/DSP of this. But I think the older stuff is more likely.

Grey Daze - Phoenix 1994, it's probably not the holy grail, but since it's so old and it's the first taped appearance of someone from the band - it's a grail.

Edited by Skipees

Grey Daze - Phoenix 1994, it's probably not the holy grail, but since it's so old and it's the first taped appearance of someone from the band - it's a grail.

I was going to write this. :lol:

Any other Grey Daze related material would be good too:

- Other Sean Dowdell And His Friends tapes

- Other Grey Daze demos or unreleased tracks (like "Smoke Mouth")

- The full remastered version of ...No Sun Today

- SAC demo

- Grey Daze live at Fenders Ballroom (maybe somebody still have a copy of this)

Just thought of another 'holy grail.' What about the Holmdel show on Projekt Revolution 2004? Jay-Z came out at this show and nothing has ever surfaced from it except for that little clip in the LPTV episode for PR04. Would be amazing to have this. I also think it's the only show that we don't have where Jay-Z comes out.

Roxy Theater 2004 (Full pro-shot)

Holmdel, NJ 2004 (No available audio/video)

Anaheim, CA 2005 (Great full bootleg)

Live 8 (Full pro-shot)

Grammy Awards 2006 (Full pro-shot)

Madison Square Garden 2008 (Full SBD audio)

Milton Keynes 2008 (Full pro-shot)

This may just be a grail but any pro-shot of Reading My Eyes from 2008! We were ripped off with that during Milton Keynes.

I agree. I would have loved a pro-shot of RME from 2008. For example, this performance

is one of my favorite LP performances ever. I just love the way Chester sings it, he sings it a bit differently. It's also funny that during Mike's verses, Chester is just making out with Talinda the whole time. Haha. I always like seeing bands have fun and a good time on stage.